Jimmy Page's best "solo" solo

Live in Peace.

Off the top of my head I agreed with that, always have loved that solo. But after recently hearing "Heaven Knows" again for the first time in a long time, I would have to say I really love the emotion in that solo. "Sea Of Love" solo is also a favorite, because of its simplicity and Hawaiian feel to it.

Off the top of my head I agreed with that, always have loved that solo. But after recently hearing "Heaven Knows" again for the first time in a long time, I would have to say I really love the emotion in that solo. "Sea Of Love" solo is also a favorite, because of its simplicity and Hawaiian feel to it.

Totally agreed on both. Sea of Love is just a perfect example of the solo fitting the lyrical content and emotion of the song to a "T"; exactly what a solo is supposed to do! I remember reading that Nile Rodgers suggested they use Beck for the solo and Robert said, "No, Jimmy HAS to play this one." Robert was right!

Upon further reflection I would add:

-Make or Break ( especially at the end of the song)

-Satisfaction Guaranteed (really like some of the harmonic bends on the outro)

-Dreaming (Tony Franklin song with some soaring soloing by Jimmy)

-Prison Blues (Page reclaiming his fiery blues territory. Shame about the lyrics though!)

Blues Anthem (similar in feel and accomplishment to Sea of Love)

I enjoy Prelude quite a bit. It sounds really interesting hearing Chopin played on an electric guitar and is a good example of his versatility as a musician.

• 2 months later...

I enjoy Prelude quite a bit. It sounds really interesting hearing Chopin played on an electric guitar and is a good example of his versatility as a musician.

Agreed, Prelude gets my vote. Saw him play it on the Outrider tour in Birmingham UK, it was jaw-droppingly emotive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived