James Gandolfini 1961-2013

SuperDave

Actor James Gandolfini has died from a heart attack as many news sources are reporting. He died in Italy at the young age of 51, where he was attending a film festival in Sicily. He is most known for his role as Tony Soprano of the HBO series the Sopranos in which he won three Emmy Awards for Best Actor. The Sopranos ran from 199-2007. It is probably HBO's and probably cable TV's most noteworthy and highest rated series. Not sure about that, but just a guess. He played a mafia kingpin in Northern New Jersey. I was a big fan of the show and never missed it. It was so well acted and written. One of the best shows ever.

Such a loss at so young! He will be missed severely!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/showbiz/james-gandolfini-obituary/index.html

It just won't sink in, I can't even begin to calculate the hours I spent watching the guy on screen R.I.P.

That's the way I feel! Just loved him on The Sopranos. It took place close to where I grew up the first 6 or 7 years of my life. One of the towns where it takes place and filmed is where my father grew up. This is so shocking! :tears::godfather:

Too much Italian sausage!

Who cares really? I don't know him, he didn't know me. It amazes me to know how many people actually care about someone they don't know! And BTW, I don't wish death on anyone!

Too much Italian sausage!

Who cares really? I don't know him, he didn't know me. It amazes me to know how many people actually care about someone they don't know! And BTW, I don't wish death on anyone!

how would you feel if one of the remaining members of Led Zeppelin died ? i assume you don't know them personally .

my point is that you don't need to know someone but just knowing what they did and especially if they provided something for you , in ths case entertainment people will feel something if they find out the person died. it wont be comparable to a personal loss but there will be some sad feelings.

i never watched the sopranos but just about everyone i know seemed to have and they were always talking about it so i'm not surprised at the reaction to his death.

My utter joy and elation of seeing Robert Plant in less than 24 hours from now in Dallas, Texas has now turned to utter sorrow and sadness when I heard of the untimely death of Mr. James Gandolfini.

I have been saying for years that the "Sopranos" is one of the greatest television shows of all-time (if not the greatest). I am in complete and utter shock and sadness.

If I feel this way about the death of this great and talented actor, I cannot imagine how I will feel when one of my three favorite musicians now longer inhabits this Earth. The same goes for my two other favorite actors, Robert De Niro and Al Pacino.

I mean this as total Respect: Long Live James Gandolfini and "Tony Soprano". You will truly be missed.

I have been saying for years that the "Sopranos" is one of the greatest television shows of all-time (if not the greatest).

IMHO, The Sopranos is not THE greatest tv series of all time, but it arguably rates among what I loosely believe to be The Top 10:

All In The Family

Avengers, The

Dallas

Frasier

Happy Days

Leave It To Beaver

M.A.S.H.

Miami Vice

Munsters, The

Twilight Zone, The

My utter joy and elation of seeing Robert Plant in less than 24 hours from now in Dallas, Texas has now turned to utter sorrow and sadness when I heard of the untimely death of Mr. James Gandolfini.

I have been saying for years that the "Sopranos" is one of the greatest television shows of all-time (if not the greatest). I am in complete and utter shock and sadness.

If I feel this way about the death of this great and talented actor, I cannot imagine how I will feel when one of my three favorite musicians now longer inhabits this Earth. The same goes for my two other favorite actors, Robert De Niro and Al Pacino.

I mean this as total Respect: Long Live James Gandolfini and "Tony Soprano". You will truly be missed.

it would make it easier if they are older . de niro and pacino are both in their 70s . gandolfini was not in good physical shape . in fact i thought he was actually older than he was. even if he was 10 years older it would be too young these days. he had a daughter born just last year. not even a year old yet.

it would make it easier if they are older . de niro and pacino are both in their 70s . gandolfini was not in good physical shape . in fact i thought he was actually older than he was. even if he was 10 years older it would be too young these days. he had a daughter born just last year. not even a year old yet.

I know what you mean and what you are saying. Still it breaks my heart that such a talented and accomplished actor that Jimmy Gandolfini was, despite his shape and age, is no longer with us. Even though I did not know him personally, of course, I knew him as Tony Soprano and to me that makes me feel that I knew Him. I have seen every episode of the Sopranos at least 5 - 10 times. That is the passion that I have and still feel for this show and the man that made it all.

This was a shock when I read the news; tragic for his family as 51 is very young. He was great and memorable in "True Romance" and "Fallen" even though they were only small roles. I have been meaning to watch The Sopranos for years but have never gotten round to it.

The more I think about Jimmy Gandolfinis death, the more I am saddened. I have actually cried since I heard of his death. I do not care what anyone thinks or says about this, it really hurts me physically and emotionally because I actually felt that I knew this Great and Talented Person.

What would really make my new day is if Robert Plant dedicates His first show tonight in Dallas, Texas to this great and talented actor, Mr. James Gandolfini.

Robert Plant is a Man of the World who reads a lot and keeps up with current events. Even if He does not mention the untimely death of Mr. Gandolfini, I am certain that He has already heard or read the news and knows who He was.

Joy to Sorrow and then back to Joy again. No matter how much I have a blast at the initial Robert Plant gig, I will (and will always feel) a sense of Grief over this Heartbreaking news.

RIP, very shocking. The worst thing is that he had a nine-month-old Daughter.

The restaurant that was in the final episode of The Sopranos has paid a tribute to him today, reserving him the booth that he sat in.

post-20091-0-70598600-1371722054_thumb.j

post-20091-0-31576600-1371722088_thumb.j

RIP, very shocking. The worst thing is that he had a nine-month-old Daughter.

The restaurant that was in the final episode of The Sopranos has paid a tribute to him today, reserving him the booth that he sat in.

That restaurant is only a few miles from where I was born and lived the first 6-7 years of my life.

Archived