Robert Plant & SSS @ Bayou Music Center, Houston, TX

Strider

I love this thread so much. Thanks Strider for posting all these wonderful pictures. It's great to be able to live a concert through someone else's eyes although being thousands of miles away. Robert is looking so well and happy, not to mention his voice which is everso strong after all these years of singing his heart out.

@Texas Melanie: he had those incense sticks in London last year too and I was high after the concert^^ Really strong smell. I was up front just like you so I got to experience the whole power of these incense sticks. Glad you enjoyed your first Plant concert and hopefully it wasn't the last for you.

Great pics Strider, you went above and beyond documenting this show. Did Dave Lewis use any for TBL?

Not sure. I'm not on Facebook and only Facebook friends of Dave's can post photos and reviews is the word I heard.

It's funny how I didn't think I had taken many photos...I went two or three songs in-a-row without taking any photos...and then when I checked afterwards, I saw I had taken about 110 pictures. Some of those turned out to be blurry or boring, so I deleted those until I ended up with around 70 decent photos covering the show from beginning to end.

I've gotten so that I can take a few photos with my phone in mere seconds without having to look at it. So I don't spend the concert looking at it through my phone...I am experiencing it live.

My review of the night is forthcoming...I'm in a part of Texas now where my phone reception is dodgy.

He does have pics and articles on his facebook page

I sent Dave Lewis a few of the photos I took and he used them for the online Tight But Loose.
Very cool and I am thrilled!

Thanks for the photos Strider, we'll patiently await the review, or TWO. I think Strider may be at another Plant show as I type this. That lucky duck, er, bunny. Sounds like it was a really good show. Interesting set list. I have been watching videos people are posting on you tube and can see why you were looking forward to hearing Justin's guitar playing. He's very smooth. It's surprising they do general admission anymore, I take it that was standing room only. Were only certain level/price of tickets allowed on the main floor, and how early did you guys have to get there in line to be so close up front?

Oh deary me...Most of the photos on his Facebook page that are from Houston are mine!

That's because yours were great and taken from a cool vantage point. Own up to your awesomeness, Melanie! :D

I see most of the pics on TBL are yours

I sent Dave Lewis a few of the photos I took and he used them for the online Tight But Loose.
Very cool and I am thrilled!

Love the photos!

Thanks to all for the reviews of this show and all of the others. I am not going to be able to make it to one of his shows in this tour. Maybe he will be back around again soon.

Looks like Robert is still enjoying the performing and making great music.

• 11 months later...

Archived