Your favourite line?Just one line per song please!

janejoe

Please restrict it to one line per song, otherwise it will go on forever. I'll start off with a few

I hate people when they're not polite:Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

Nobody loves you when your down and out - John Lennon

If you want a lover I'll do anything you ask of me : Leonard Cohen - I'm your man.

If you had the luck of the Irish, you'ld wish you was English too - John Lennon

That heart you are building out of rock is turning into sand - Inxs

Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time; His is the force that lies within. Led Zeppelin

I shat a man in Reno once just to watch him die - Johnny Cash

You're drowning in the darkness and you're blinded by the light - Def Leppard

Snapshot to the crowd from the shore baby - The Tea Party

I love the golden cat - T-Rex (my favourite song by them in fact, it is the best part of the song)

"acid, booze and ass, needles guns and grass, lots of laughs" Joni Mitchell "Blue"

"they paved paradise, and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell "Big Yellow Taxi"

"we are stardust, we are golden" Joni Mitchell "Woodstock"

"when my baby walks, she shakes just like a willow tree " - Led Zeppelin

"you ain't nothin' but a two bit, no good....JIVE" - Led Zeppelin

"I love you in a place where there's no space and time, I love you for all my life, you are a friend of mine" - Leon Russell

"They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad, and lawd Wednesday's just as sad.... T-Bone Walker

"pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name...'cause what's puzzling you is just the nature of my game" - Rolling Stones

Friend Of The Devil by Grateful Dead - Got a wife in chino, babe, one in cherokee/The first one says she's got my child, but it don't look like me.

Tin Soldier by The Small Faces - Give me your love before mine fades away.

Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix - The same way you shoot me down baby/you'll be going just the same/three times the pain/and your own self to blame.

Times are hard you're afraid to pay the fee, so you find yourself somebody who will do the job for free -Steely Dan : Dirty Work

You reached for the secret too soon, you tried for the moon - Pink Floyd : Shine On You Crazy Diamond

This is what it sounds like when doves cry - Prince

I woke up with a feeling, it was cold by my side - Barclay James Harvest : Suicide?

Dear friend what's the time?is this really the border line, does it really mean so much to you?are you afraid or is it true? - Paul McCartney & Wings : Dear Friend

"One thing I do have on my mind...if you can clarify, please do...is the way you call me another guy's name when I try to make love to you."Heartbreaker ~ Led Zeppelin

"The sun's not yellow - it's chicken!" Tombstone Blues ~ Bob Dylan

"I thought I could organize freedom. How Scandinavian of me." Hunter ~ Björk

"Hark, now hear the sailors cry...Smell the sea and feel the sky...Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic." Into the Mystic ~ Van Morrison

If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold iit against me - Dr Hook

Were can I get my cock sucked were can I get my arse fucked - Rolling Stones

tyre tracks all cross my back I can see you had your fun -Hendrix

Led Zeppelin - see below

My grandson, he comes home from college He says, "We get the government we deserve." My son-in-law just shakes his head and says, "That little punk, he never had to serve." - Don Henley "A Month of Sundays".

'As I walked out on the streets of Laredo'--Marty Robbins

'Bye, bye, miss American pie!'---Don McLean

'In the white room, with black curtains, near the station'---The Cream

'Pressed Rat and Warthog closed down their shop'---Ginger Baker

'Nobody on the road, nobody on the street'---Don Henley

New Song by The Who - We sing the same old song, just like a vintage car/you can look but you won't ever drive it/we drink the same old wine from a brand new jar/we get hungover but we always survive it.

My mind is racing, but my body's in the lead..

Funny how one insect can damage so much grain..

My mother said. To get things done.

You'd better not mess with Major Tom.

Life's the same. I'm moving in Stereo

Life's the same. Except for my shoes.

If we could just join hands

If we could just join hands

"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language". CSN&Y, Wooden Ships

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along". Maroon 5, She Will Be Loved

"Though the Berkshires seemed dreamlike on account of that frosting". James Taylor, Sweet Baby James

Archived