New Empress Valley soundboard release - 13 Feb 1975 Nassau NY (w/Ron Wood!)

Triplet Kick

Great news, I'll always welcome a new soundboard. Woody is one of my favourite guitarists so will be a treat to hear the jam on Communication Breakdown in great quality. One of the few '75 shows I don't have, never listened to it apart from Communication Breakdown.

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm but...yawn :zzz: Another '75 soundboard for a show that has already circulated as a fairly decent audience tape for years...big deal. I've said it before: EVSD really needs to step up their fucking game and pull something previously uncirculated outta the hat, such as the aforementioned Houston '75 gig or one of the Missing Seven 1977 shows. Unless their well is finally starting to run dry, that is. Hopefully they won't overprocess the shit outta this one like they did the 20/3/75 Vancouver SBD, man, what a bloody awful listening experience that was...

Having said all that though -and I am aware that my views are in the minority- it will be cool to have that "Communication Breakdown" jam with Woody in SBD quality, the only guest appearance of the '75 tour.

Forgive my lack of caring about your negative opinion but...yawn.

:P

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm but...yawn :zzz: Another '75 soundboard for a show that has already circulated as a fairly decent audience tape for years...big deal. I've said it before: EVSD really needs to step up their fucking game and pull something previously uncirculated outta the hat, such as the aforementioned Houston '75 gig or one of the Missing Seven 1977 shows. Unless their well is finally starting to run dry, that is. Hopefully they won't overprocess the shit outta this one like they did the 20/3/75 Vancouver SBD, man, what a bloody awful listening experience that was...

Having said all that though -and I am aware that my views are in the minority- it will be cool to have that "Communication Breakdown" jam with Woody in SBD quality, the only guest appearance of the '75 tour.

My guess has always been that theres a 3rd party selling these SB's off to EV one or two at a time in order to maximise their own profits.

Forgive my lack of caring about your negative opinion but...yawn.

:P

...and yet you felt the need to post about how much you don't care :lol: Interesting, Melcore...

Yer a collector...wouldn't you rather have something hitherto uncirculated than yet another soundboard rerun? I have to increasingly question EVSD's business sense, since they appear to know jack shit about supply and demand...

My guess has always been that theres a 3rd party selling these SB's off to EV one or two at a time in order to maximise their own profits.

Really they should've done it in the 90s / early 2000s pre download and pre CDR market , they'd have made a shedload more money as ppl would've had to buy the CDs to own the music, they've missed the market to really maximise profitability.

Really they should've done it in the 90s / early 2000s pre download and pre CDR market , they'd have made a shedload more money as ppl would've had to buy the CDs to own the music, they've missed the market to really maximise profitability.

Imvho, they would'nt. Pre the download/cdr era CD bootlegs were not that expensive, not much more than a regular retail CDs'

If the market had been satturated with shitloads of titles they would have to put them out at even cheaper prices. The stupid prices that the bootleg labels charge now has only come about because titles are only released in limited numbers. It's the only way the labels can make any money. That's all thanks to the wonderful world wide web enabling us to pick and choose the titles we want for almost next to nothing. From a personal point of view I learned in the early to mid 70s that the majority of bootlegs were not worth buying at any price, and collecting bootlegs soon lost it's magic. Too many live boots have such shit sound quality, sbds are too dry, they are not worth paying for no matter how good the performance is. Once again that's imvho.

...and yet you felt the need to post about how much you don't care :lol: Interesting, Melcore...

Yer a collector...wouldn't you rather have something hitherto uncirculated than yet another soundboard rerun? I have to increasingly question EVSD's business sense, since they appear to know jack shit about supply and demand...

I do care, unfortunately. :P

How is a previously uncirculated SBD a "rerun"? Like I've said elsewhere, I'm a bit of a snob -- I almost always prefer SBDs to AUD recordings. The fact is that Led Zeppelin fans are more often than not spoiled and (frankly) feel undeservedly entitled...we should rejoice every time a new recording of any show comes out, instead of petty squabbling about artwork/whether or not it's a new show...

I'd argue that you're quite mistaken about EVSD's business sense -- their boots keep selling...and if/when they do drop the big one(s) on us, you can expect those releases to have high prices indeed.

Ok, heres my official statement about the sound quality that nobody may care about.

The overloading of the highs was happening on the mains for the 75 shows we have, and overloaded cymbals are what the audience heard on 2-14-75. So based on the audience recordings available, this will be equally or less overloaded in the High End as 2-12, or 3-20. Maybe not as bad as MSG.

Like I've said elsewhere, I'm a bit of a snob -- I almost always prefer SBDs to AUD recordings.

I feel the same way. At this stage in my collecting career, I only look for soundboards.

There are some fabulous audience recordings (Mike Millard comes to mind), but more often than not, I can't listen to audience recordings for extended periods. They just start to hurt my head.

"If your brain hurts, see the man walking around selling hot brains."

me too, but because the audience is so good that it almost misses the beauty of the audience recording vibe people love.

They're very close. I've flip-flopped between the two a fair amount. Millard was a master, there's no doubt.

That's just the bow solo. :P

I know -- imagine what else there is! :P

I feel the same way. At this stage in my collecting career, I only look for soundboards.

There are some fabulous audience recordings (Mike Millard comes to mind), but more often than not, I can't listen to audience recordings for extended periods. They just start to hurt my head.

"If your brain hurts, see the man walking around selling hot brains."

Overall I prefer soundboards -- a good AUD can sway me, though, as can "new" recordings/sources. (The recent Hiroshima release? Paris 1969? Classics!)

Archived