New Empress Valley soundboard release - 13 Feb 1975 Nassau NY (w/Ron Wood!)

Triplet Kick

I'm going to put together a high-res version of the box cover so people can use it in iTunes. If anybody has a decent resolution photo of the front that I can use to grab the stickers and text, that would be cool. If not, I'll match the font the best I can.

Since the watermark isn't touching any of the stickers, this is acceptable, right?
post-21000-0-66705200-1373106860_thumb.j

I'm going to put together a high-res version of the box cover so people can use it in iTunes. If anybody has a decent resolution photo of the front that I can use to grab the stickers and text, that would be cool. If not, I'll match the font the best I can.

That's a first, an ad for a website right across the front cover of a CD. What's that about?

The watermark simply was placed there by who uploaded the image. The actual cover doesn't have that on it.

The watermark simply was placed there by who uploaded the image. The actual cover doesn't have that on it.

Thanks Sue, I've just noticed on "What place to rest the search" at R.O It's Amduscias' signature.

very surprised at the amount of negativity re this show - enough with the pouting people. Appreciate that we have so many soundboards to enjoy for our favorite band. How can we expect better quality. I'm sure EV is doing their best to give us their best. Not simply money hungry people, but fans as well. Am I wrong?

Listening to Rock and Roll now. Robert's really hoarse.

I also hear some distortion, but it's not ear degrading.

lololabrute, is rereleasing a show multiple times (like the "deluxe edition" of this show, releasing 2/14 with 2/13) mean that they're not money hungry? And the release of new soundboards at ridiculous prices? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I'm just pointing that out. :P

i think this release gave us the best overall performance from Page and Plant that we have on sbd yet from 1975!

I can't believe that this show, 2/13, kicks major ass, when 2/12 and 2/14 are average/mediocre 75 shows to me. Like I said, the performance is what makes this shine. And the quality is better than I first thought. I guess headphones really exaggerate quality flaws.

Highlights:

-Sick Again through Kashmir just blow me away (ooh my ears man)

-No Quarter is probably my favorite 75 version of this song. The ENDING/Dogs of Doom part is SO HEAVY and Jones' use of the lower octave bass pedals adds heaviness.

-Trampled is good

-Stairway, and the Encores aren't the usual slop fests (even though I enjoy all LZ performances very much), and Black Dog is good

Not that impressed with Dazed and Communication Breakdown, but I am surprised how well Zep held it together 'til the end. And its really cool hearing Pagey walk circles around Ron Wood.

i think this release gave us the best overall performance from Page and Plant that we have on sbd yet from 1975!

I can't believe that this show, 2/13, kicks major ass, when 2/12 and 2/14 are average/mediocre 75 shows to me.

No kidding? I would put this show in the middle of the pack of soundboards for '75. 2-12 and 2-14 are exceptional, and 3-11 is right there with them. Probably 3-5, too.

2-28 Rampaging Cajun is better than all above yet it's all opinions of us Zep fan's let's just enjoy these show's sbds as we are lucky to get them and wait for the next!

Yes, I would put that show in the first tier.

Really, I only find 3-14 and 3-17 a little lackluster as far as U.S. '75 soundboards go.

interesting to see how opinions differ!

i would put my favorite shows, with a good solid performance from beginning to finish:

Favorite: 2/13/75

2nd: 3/20/75

3rd: 3/19/75

(even though I rather have No Quarter solos slower, the Vancouver shows kick ass to me)

How can we expect better quality. I'm sure EV is doing their best to give us their best. Not simply money hungry people

When fans who get the EVSD version via download find it necessary to remaster the thing before they're even finished listening to it because the EVSD mastering is so loud (i.e. 'brickwalled') I don't think I'd say EVSD is 'doing their best' or giving us the best quality. I'm sorry, but they're not. When the bootleg company charges extortionate amounts for their product yet don't seem to give a ratfuck about the goddamn sound quality, that's a problem. If I'd spent $150 or whatever on this, I'd be pissed, Amduscia is infinitely more forgiving than I am :lol:

Archived