New Empress Valley soundboard release - 13 Feb 1975 Nassau NY (w/Ron Wood!)

Triplet Kick

Back in '98 I sourced a Page/Plant recording (in a non-profit manner) and someone tried to frame me as a bootlegger for doing so, which I am not. There was a lengthy police investigation, after which I was exonerated. I'm fairly certain who set me up back then and it seems they now regret it. The second time around was in '08. More grief and aggravation just for sharing, some of the details of which are presented in the thread below:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/4406-the-tale-of-the-tape-vancouver-32170/?hl=%2Bthe+%2Btale+%2Bof+%2Bthe+%2Btape

Okay, I vaguely remember reading that :lol: That's fucked up, Steve...I'd think that anyone who knows you and yer contributions to the LZ community in general would know that yer the furthest fuckin' thing from a bootlegger as you can get.

Back on topic, the misplaced apostrophe in the artwork for this new SBD is stirring up my inner English/Grammar/Punctuation Nazi...

Like probably most people, I jumped to Communication first. Man, I have to say that Zeppelin sounds much better with one guitar, or Ronnie Wood doesn't know the song too well.

I take it you've heard the 22/5/77 "It'll Be Me" with Mick Ralphs sitting in? Before they start playing Page literally is teaching Ralphs the riff and it sounds like Mick basically fakes his way through the song anyway...at half the volume of Jimmy Page, of course :lol:

I'm betting Ron Wood's sitting in on 13/2/75 was literally a spur of the moment thing, he was probably hanging out backstage or something and Page probably just invited him on then and there, and I doubt that Ronnie was exactly stone cold sober/straight at the time, though he's done impromptu sitting in with others (Dylan, Bob Marley) and acquitted himself well.

agree that 3 nights in a row are awesome to have. That is why I love Snowblind so much. Makes me enjoy the lackluster moments of Landover 77 too, for some reason.

80% and started torrenting 10 mins ago. nice. like 300+ seeds over at double nickels. glad I just got back to town, but couldn't sleep knowing I was in the middle of nowhere when this dropped.

thanks A.!!! Seems to be a pretty good guy, from my experience with him.

this is by far the most distorted 75 sbd we have, but its in low, mids, and high end frequencies. The 2/14 show is completely demolished in the highs. And i don't think it was tapes, or processing. I think it was what came out of the mains, and what the audience heard. This one is just over distorted from bottom to top/high end. It is BALANCED though!

BUT, I will be playing this show for years and years, probably 50 MORE YEARS on my Macs/iPods (I am 23 years old). It is a badass show. bad. ass. Great performance by all Zeppelin members, especially Plant and Page.

My first impressions:

• A better show than 3-17 or 3-20, to provide two examples
  • Sick Again and OTHAFA are well above average
  • IMTOD rocks!
  • TSRTS is spectacular (even with Robert's shaky voice)
  • The Rain Song is just right
  • Kashmir is good...probably not great. A bit bassy at the end.
  • NQ is excellent, up to par with the high standard on this tour ("John Bonham....John Bonham." Classic)
  • Dazed is merely okay, as far as I'm concerned. A little chaotic for me.
  • Stairway is very good. The solo finishes up with a fury. Powerful!
  • WLL felt pretty average
  • Black Dog is tail-waggin' good
  • Communication Breakdown...well, what can one say? It's a kick...even if disjointed at times.

A nice soundboard. Already looking forward to the next one. :)

Grabbed this just for "Communication Breakdown"...No question about it, Jimmy Page and Ronnie Wood are IMO two of the coolest guitar players on the fuckin' planet :lol:

Anybody spot the "Jam Sandwich" (Death Wish II) references when they're jamming at the end?

Too bad this SBD is another EVSD earbleeder...shouldn't come as much of a surprise, though, we live in the age of Loudness...

Having said that though, I always enjoy the sound of John Paul Jones' Fender Jazz bass on these recordings, so warm sounding, great bass tone...then he had to go and fuck it up from 1977 onward with those goddamn tinny sounding Alembics...why, Jonesy???

Having said that though, I always enjoy the sound of John Paul Jones' Fender Jazz bass on these recordings, so warm sounding, great bass tone...then he had to go and fuck it up from 1977 onward with those goddamn tinny sounding Alembics...why, Jonesy???

Agreed. I loved his bass tone pre-77. I don't like any bass where I can actually hear the strings rattling. I want to hear that nice warm "boom boom boom" sound, not the metallic strings reverberating.

Archived