New Empress Valley soundboard release - 13 Feb 1975 Nassau NY (w/Ron Wood!)

Triplet Kick

"and it makes me wonder..."

see stuff like this on this site all the time! stuff that REALLY makes me wonder...

Oh? Do go on...

(I'm not being flippant or anything, wilson- I can tell from yer posts that yer serious about yer boots.)

Oh? Do go on...

(I'm not being flippant or anything, wilson- I can tell from yer posts that yer serious about yer boots.)

might I suggest one of the LA '77 sbds before piracy laws prevent this type of sale? well, before technology advances actually can prevent these types of sales?

gstritzi, on 18 Jun 2013 - 00:06, said:snapback.png

SPOOKYE--AT THIS TIME "NO" THERE ISN'T A SOUNDBOARD TAPE FROM 3-21-75 SEATTLE. THE SOUNDBOARD/REVOUTION ALSO KNOWN EMPRESS/VALLEY RELEASES THESE SOUNBOARD'S TWICE PER YEAR. IT COULD BE THE NEXT SOUNDBOARD BUT DOUBLE/SHOT WAS JUST LET OUT BOUT 1-1/2 MONTHS AGO. NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE SB/REVOLUTION TO COME AROUND THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS!!!!!

heres mr. evsd ask now folks

Yes it is. I believe the beginning of "No Quarter" is from a different show though (talking about "Fighting Back")

If the analysis at RO is correct, then it is.

I can't get over how much I enjoy the recordings from that week back in 1975...

Interesting...

What I really wanna know is, who the fuck are "John Smith" and "Black Chuckles"...are they members here, d'ya think? :lol:

Or Paul de Luxe over at Godfather...the guy who writes those incomprehensible and strange liner notes...is he here?

So EVSD couldn't find one picture, not ONE, of Ron Wood with the band to use on the packaging? For shame.

I've heard $10,000 bandied about as the price paid by boot companies for these tapes. At $300 a pop and 50 copies released, that's $15,000 right there if the run sells out. That's not even counting the later editions coming this month.

I still think it is rare that a bootleg release sells more than 1,000 copies...and most don't even come close to selling that many. Probably a few hundred is all.

so now dadgad's version is now available. anyone care to comment already? i haven't had a chance to listen to both versions yet. some say it might from a different source. Oy, this never ends...

Definitely not from a different source -- he lowered the volume of the EVSD discs, and maybe equalized them a bit. Honestly, the clipping/distortion is still present, it's maybe attenuated a little...I prefer the EVSD.

Or Paul de Luxe over at Godfather...the guy who writes those incomprehensible and strange liner notes...is he here?

My pet theory is that he's the guy behind www.argenteumastrum.com.

I find this attitude a bit hypocritical and slightly schizophrenic... on one side we all scramble to buy and get our hands on the newest EVSD or Godfather tittles coz we like them and they look purty and so on... and on the other we flame a guy that might or might not be in dealings with this or that label... well you cant have one without the other... whoever is behind any of those labels... I'm happy they are out there providing me my fix of Zepp, Zappa or Stones or whatever... specially with GF... given the quality delivered and the relatively low prices of their products... they can't be making that much profit out of it... I've been a graphic designer for the last 30 odd years and the quality and consistency of their design and printing alone has made me become a fan... and no i'm not afiliated to them...lol

Well...EVSD actually releases new product -- i.e. previously unheard/unreleased recordings -- whereas everything GF has released has been simply "remastered" or repackaged from the efforts of other labels...or, as with the Studio Magik box, from official releases (the Lucifer Rising tracks are sourced from Jimmy's vinyl). While the overall fidelity and presentation of the GF box is good, it didn't offer anything that couldn't be found elsewhere -- contrary to what AA was saying, and all the hype GF built around it.

Listened to this the other day. I have to say the amount of noise reduction on this is OBSCENE. I noticed that getting worse with every release, and it's even more of a problem than the brickwalling (as bad as that is). Let the tape hiss be there. Honestly, these are the reasons I haven't bought boots in years. Using that much NR is just sabotage.

If EVSD and their suppliers would run their operation like a business instead of showing disdain for their customers out of anger, they'd make more money. How about selling SACDs (which are difficult to copy) or DVDs with unmastered raw sources for $500 in a very limited run and then the mastered ones on CD, etc? Pressing SACDs should not be tough, as they are rumoured to have access to a Sony studio in Japan. I would not mind paying for these things again, as long as I am getting a quality product.

Well...EVSD actually releases new product -- i.e. previously unheard/unreleased recordings -- whereas everything GF has released has been simply "remastered" or repackaged from the efforts of other labels...or, as with the Studio Magik box, from official releases (the Lucifer Rising tracks are sourced from Jimmy's vinyl). While the overall fidelity and presentation of the GF box is good, it didn't offer anything that couldn't be found elsewhere -- contrary to what AA was saying, and all the hype GF built around it.

Yeah.. but they are also for a fraction of the price that EVSD or most of the other labels charge... and as I said before I like their packaging better than those horrid tarantura covers or those awfully printed Wendy ones (Thou I really like most of the cover designs of Wendy... but their printing really sucks)... And lets not even mention Scorpio... But who cares... you gauys have it in for the guy and even he comes with a pot of molten gold it will still be crap...lol... lets talk about something that has more to do with this thread and forget the whole who peed first on who discussion... What about the whole dadgad remaster.. did you guys like that?

If EVSD and their suppliers would run their operation like a business instead of showing disdain for their customers out of anger, they'd make more money. How about selling SACDs (which are difficult to copy) or DVDs with unmastered raw sources for $500 in a very limited run and then the mastered ones on CD, etc? Pressing SACDs should not be tough, as they are rumoured to have access to a Sony studio in Japan. I would not mind paying for these things again, as long as I am getting a quality product.

...You're joking, right? Maybe a handful of collectors -- or a bunch of dummies -- would pay that price.

They don't have access to a Sony studio in Japan -- their discs appear to be pressed in Taiwan, if you trust what the CDs say.

Yeah.. but they are also for a fraction of the price that EVSD or most of the other labels charge... and as I said before I like their packaging better than those horrid tarantura covers or those awfully printed Wendy ones (Thou I really like most of the cover designs of Wendy... but their printing really sucks)... And lets not even mention Scorpio... But who cares... you gauys have it in for the guy and even he comes with a pot of molten gold it will still be crap...lol... lets talk about something that has more to do with this thread and forget the whole who peed first on who discussion... What about the whole dadgad remaster.. did you guys like that?

Are they? The EVSD sets usually go down to about $50 within a year or two of the initial release. I couldn't really care less about the artwork of a bootleg, myself -- so long as the music interests me...I don't know why you have a boner for the guy -- and I'm not being unreasonable, am I, in saying that Godfather hasn't debuted a new source/recording as opposed to EVSD? I don't dislike AA per se -- he's never done anything to me, aside from brush me off years back when I tried to give him some info -- but the hype he helped to build for a set that was comprised of previously released material was off-putting.

I think my thoughts about dadgad's offering are on the last page: It really sounds the same, mostly just lower in volume.

(Interesting connection/non-connection between GF and dadgad: The GF box doesn't appear to use dadgad's vinyl rip of Lucifer Rising, substituting a better rip/cleaned up version.)

Harking back to what this topic is/was originally about, the Black Dog from this show seems to be one of the few of this tour where Jimmy and Bonzo don't completely lose each other in the outro. (though I am enjoying the history lesson on the LZ traiting community.)

Distorted soundboard. Overall, a very good performance by the band. Bonzo's drumming is powerful and does standout. Percy's voice, with all its cracking and short-circuiting still grabs your attention. I'd like to edit out about 90% of his oohs, yess, and ahhs, however. Jone's bass playing is fine. Page is very good. CB is a fun one.

For '75 fans, it's a must have.

Distorted soundboard. Overall, a very good performance by the band. Bonzo's drumming is powerful and does standout. Percy's voice, with all its cracking and short-circuiting still grabs your attention. I'd like to edit out about 90% of his oohs, yess, and ahhs, however. Jone's bass playing is fine. Page is very good. CB is a fun one.

For '75 fans, it's a must have.

Sounds about right.

Given the complaints I'm reading about the sound, I am wondering if it is akin to the disaster EVSD made of their recent reissue of 9.29.71 Osaka? That was utter shite, the sound being completely dead with no highs and no breathing room.

Which reissue? From this year?

Archived