Duck Dynasty

Roxie

Anybody watch this show? I've just started over the past month or so after hearing so much buzz about it. Didn't think I was gonna like it, but I'm completely hooked. I need to bring Uncle Si with me wherever I go strictly for the comic relief!

Ugh.. this show is part of the new "hilbilly" fad that has taken over middle-class suburban America. It's just another mindless piece of garbage, with tired old sitcom plots repackaged as "reality tv programming". This show does not deserve to be the highest rated show on Wednesday nights, it deserves to be cancelled and the money for production given to the many talented writers and directors out there who can actually make quality television.

I love duck dynasty! can't wait for season four!

Simple minded!

You know how I know this? Your love for (I as puke saying the band name) KISS.

Your list of vocalists is ridiculous, especially when you have all Kiss members in your top 50. In reality, none would make the top 500!

Ugh.. this show is part of the new "hilbilly" fad that has taken over middle-class suburban America. It's just another mindless piece of garbage, with tired old sitcom plots repackaged as "reality tv programming".

x 1,000

I rarely watch TV now and think most of it is nauseating and mindless, especially "reality" TV programs, sitcoms and those stupid "America's Got Talent" type of crap. However; I caught part of a Duck Dynasty episode last year (my mom had it on and I was ripping on her about it) and actually had to admit that I liked it. Now, before you tear into me, I want to say I think the show has some good qualities. For starters, I like that the family on the show teaches their kids respect, values, and makes them work for the things they want. They also don't come off as stupid (like most people assume they would because they are country) and appear to be very down to earth. This, to me, is directly opposite from many other reality shows like "The Kardashians," where the family is completely self absorbed, vapid, entitled and morally bankrupt.

All that being said, I wish the great USA could come up with another show as good as the "X Files." I have not really followed a series since it went off the air!

Ugh.. this show is part of the new "hilbilly" fad that has taken over middle-class suburban America. It's just another mindless piece of garbage, with tired old sitcom plots repackaged as "reality tv programming". This show does not deserve to be the highest rated show on Wednesday nights, it deserves to be cancelled and the money for production given to the many talented writers and directors out there who can actually make quality television.

We weren't even talking about KISS. What's with all the hate, Amstel? Has Jessica ever been rude or disrespectful to you? She has never been to me. Everyone likes different things; I'm not the world's biggest KISS fan either; she is. Who cares? This reminds me of high school when the smug guy who likes some pretentious indie rock band is coming down on the guy who likes ACDC.

Simple minded!

You know how I know this? Your love for (I as puke saying the band name) KISS.

Your list of vocalists is ridiculous, especially when you have all Kiss members in your top 50. In reality, none would make the top 500!

I rarely watch TV now and think most of it is nauseating and mindless, especially "reality" TV programs, sitcoms and those stupid "America's Got Talent" type of crap. However; I caught part of a Duck Dynasty episode last year (my mom had it on and I was ripping on her about it) and actually had to admit that I liked it. Now, before you tear into me, I want to say I think the show has some good qualities. For starters, I like that the family on the show teaches their kids respect, values, and makes them work for the things they want. They also don't come off as stupid (like most people assume they would because they are country) and appear to be very down to earth. This, to me, is directly opposite from many other reality shows like "The Kardashians," where the family is completely self absorbed, vapid, entitled and morally bankrupt.

Thank You! That was spot on. At least someone's paying attention.

Reality TV means Hollywood has totally run out of script ideas and the shows that do have scripts pretty much suck anyway.

How the hell do you get rich making duck calls? Those guys don't even look like they do much work anyway.

I would like to avoid TV here in Britain, I guess it's the same drivel you guys get in the States...but I did have the most unfortunate moment when I did watch a clip of that awful Honey Boo Boo brat and her backward family on Youtube...*epic double face palm moment*

Please oh please tell me they do not exsist...

:D It's so true! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I haven't seen it for a long time but the one I remember most was when Red cut the top off the bus and drove it from the back. :o)

Archived