Songs that make you want to throw up?

Amstel

For every good song, you get thousands of bad ones.

I can't stand the song Ballroom Blitz - YUCK

I HATE all songs by Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Poison, Judas Preist, Kiss, Guns n Roses, and every song made by whatever hairband that's out there!

Free Bird

Love In An Elevator

Radar Love

There are many, many more.

I HATE all songs by Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Poison, Judas Preist, Kiss, Guns n Roses, and every song made by whatever hairband that's out there!

Free Bird

Love In An Elevator

Radar Love

Agree 100%. Except for Free Bird. I can't understand why you don't like Free Bird. :blink:

But I'll take all of these ^ over these.

Free Bird

Love In An Elevator

Radar Love

A good song is a good song... whether it's by a Hair band or an R and B act or a Punk band..

I'm not a Poison fan at all. But, if heard a song by them that was good. I would admit I like it.

If I don't like it... I'll switch the station.. If it's my wife's turn picking the station and I have to sit through Niki Minaj or Justin Timberlake .. I try to grin and bear it.. But the problem with these (her) stations is that their playlists are about 6 songs.. That's when I go crazy. When the same annoying song is on 45 minutes after the last time I suffered through it.

Everything that plays on the radio nowadays is bellow subpar. I occasionally find something good but it's normally from the 60's or 70s... I guess music started going downhill right after Lennon died. It's rare for me to listen to something done after 1980, and the bands I listen to past that year are normally Guns N Roses, Nirvana... And I don't even like Nirvana that much.

Oh, and I LOATHE Muse.

Agree 100%. Except for Free Bird. I can't understand why you don't like Free Bird. :blink:

But I'll take all of these ^ over these.

Took us until the 2nd post to get to Justin Bieber. He is just music for prepubescent teens, every generation has its Bieber or similar not sure why he's the anti-christ.

I've never been moved to the point of wanting to vacate my stomach contents on hearing a song, more likely that I'll want to bash my head against a wall by something so mind-numbingly asinine that other people are enjoying; usually at times when I've been at work and have no control over the radio station.

There was a point in time when I had to listen to "Someone Like you" by Adele at work every 15 minutes then I would get home and my neighbour would play it over, and over...and while that song isn't mind-numbingly asinine I don't want to hear it again, ever

The 90's had some awful songs that make me want to rip my ears off, which people who subscribe to the "music is shit now, everything was better years ago" brigade like to forget. Obviously everything by the Spice Girls and things like this...makes Bieber sound like Mozart.

Bon Jovi is the most overated band on the planet... BARF

Who overrates them? certainly not the critics. They were popular with the "ladies" and we all know why - the keyboard player was a studmuffin, obviously. And ballads, lots of ballads....

Talking or overrated Bob Dylan - seemingly EVERYONE in music of a certain vintage is influenced by him and sings his praises on a regular basis. I don't throw up when I hear him, but I certainly mute him whenever I watch the Big Lebowski and his nasal pontifications start up.

Take The Money and Run-Steve Miller Band; Margaritaville-Jimmy Buffett; Money For Nothing-Dire Straits; anything by Nicki Minaj (I hate most crap on the radio today but every time I hear her voice, I want to punch someone); anything nu metal or that screamo/emo junk; Simple Man cover song performed by Shinedown (hear someone butcher a great song; painful); most 80's pop like Madonna, the Go Go's, Wham; anything by Celine Dion; 50's doo wop music performed by boring white guys (I often wonder why there weren't more suicides in the 50's when I hear that stuff). That about covers it...

:hysterical:<--------the Bon Jovi comment

I agree with you 100%, especially about Bob Dylan...

Who overrates them? certainly not the critics. They were popular with the "ladies" and we all know why - the keyboard player was a studmuffin, obviously. And ballads, lots of ballads....

Talking or overrated Bob Dylan - seemingly EVERYONE in music of a certain vintage is influenced by him and sings his praises on a regular basis. I don't throw up when I hear him, but I certainly mute him whenever I watch the Big Lebowski and his nasal pontifications start up.

:hysterical:<--------the Bon Jovi comment

I agree with you 100%, especially about Bob Dylan...

Good to know I'm not alone on the Dylan thing. Although actually Joni Mitchell came out recently and said that he was not musically very gifted, not a great guitar player and he sings like an old hillbilly.

I was never a Dylan fan, especially the song Lay Lady Lay....yuck....

Not so much into songs from the Greatful Dead either..

I guess he's an acquired taste like very strong cheese, perhaps? some of his songs are ok if they're sung by someone else. I know what you mean about Lay Lady Lay, his vocal delivery sounds like he's holding his nose before he jumps into a river.

The only song I like by Dylan (with him actually "singing") is Girl From the North Country and, to a lesser extent ,Shelter From The Storm, but in the latter song he just goes on and on for six minutes with hundreds of verses. If you want to do that write a book or at least make it musically interesting, too.

Good to know I'm not alone on the Dylan thing. Although actually Joni Mitchell came out recently and said that he was not musically very gifted, not a great guitar player and he sings like an old hillbilly.

... But he's a lyrical genius.

... But he's a lyrical genius.

Yup, so they say over and over again...I guess with a voice like that you'd have to be singing something other than Louie Louie. Personally, I like to listen to a song rather than read the lyrics and gush over their brilliance. Dylan is dirge and lyrics as opposed to music and lyrics. But each to their own, I mean I love Tom Petty and Neil Young and they are obviously fans of Dylan and influenced by him - so what do I know. I just know he's not my bag.

Yup, so they say over and over again...I guess with a voice like that you'd have to be singing something other than Louie Louie. Personally, I like to listen to a song rather than read the lyrics and gush over their brilliance. Dylan is dirge and lyrics as opposed to music and lyrics. But each to their own, I mean I love Tom Petty and Neil Young and they are obviously fans of Dylan and influenced by him - so what do I know. I just know he's not my bag.

Fair enough, I'd rather have no lyrics than bad lyrics..

I don't listen to Bob Dylan much, but I do respect him.

I also prefer Tom Petty or Neil Young to Dylan, but as you said, he without a doubt influenced them.

Fair enough, I'd rather have no lyrics than bad lyrics..

I don't listen to Bob Dylan much, but I do respect him.

I prefer Tom Petty or Neil Young to Dylan, but he without a doubt influenced them.

Yeah, but they have to be really bad for it to spoil my enjoyment of a song (i.e moon, spoon, june rhyming lyrics) and even then if the tune is killer you can live with it. In an ideal world, sure, one would like a well thought out lyric AND a good tune. As for respecting Dylan; he seems to be afforded more than his fair share of that - he's always been a music journalist favourite. He hardly seems like an endearing bloke but maybe that's part of his "charm"

Dylan was hipster before the term was invented. It's cool to say you like him and that you appreciate his really deep lyrical musings on life. And if you don't get it you're a philistine. But how many people actually like him outside of the self-ordained cognoscenti, hipsters and music journalists? his reputation far exceeds his popularity with the general public.

Who overrates them?

Charles J. White. :lol:

By the way, even though I count myself a Bob Dylan fan(mainly his early albums up to 1975's "Blood On the Tracks"), I find myself agreeing with your take on Dylan in your post. Too many times Dylan is the knee-jerk response by musicians trying to seem erudite and hip. What's next, Ke$ha saying Dylan is an influence?

And his voice is like rubbing sandpaper over my heart. I refuse to shell out any more money to hear him ruin his songbook with his froggy croakings. His once great band is mailing it in these days, too.

Archived