Egypt Crisis

cryingbluerain

Will Islamic extremists end up in power? Or will the people of Egypt escape the fate of the Persians?

morsi was part of the islamic extremists although he personally probably wasn't as extremist. but his group the muslim brotherhood was. this is the country getting rid of the islamic govt.

so now it's military who seems to have more power but it will remain to be seen whether they try to take total power or allow for people to have more freedoms.

whatever the situation it looks like egyptians have learned they don't have to accept something they are not satisifed with.

morsi was part of the islamic extremists although he personally probably wasn't as extremist. but his group the muslim brotherhood was. this is the country getting rid of the islamic govt.

so now it's military who seems to have more power but it will remain to be seen whether they try to take total power or allow for people to have more freedoms.

whatever the situation it looks like egyptians have learned they don't have to accept something they are not satisifed with.

Something all people of all nations should take to heart.

They show up on the shores of Wellfleet, we go Harry Truman on their asses.

Otherwise, none of our business. Elect whomever you please.

We have our own problems.

depends. remember Afghanistan was not really our problem but al qaeda was using it as a training ground for terrorists. it should be good news to us that Egyptians got rid of the Govt for being too islamic. during the revolutions to get rid of people like Mubarak, Gaddafi and other non religious leaders, the Islamic fundamentalists took advantage of those situations to try to gain power for themselves. but the people are pushing back against this. just because they were not happy with the Govt did not mean they wanted an Islamic Govt. it's not a surprise considering Egypt's history.

what will be more interesting is when there is some attempt to get rid of the Saudis .

^^meh. Still don't care.

Islamic training camps don't bother me until they bother ME. Then we take appropriate and effective action.

But we both know that's not how the game is played these days.

I am a but if an isolationist if you haven't noticed. Take your shots, but we need to start taking care of our own.

^^meh. Still don't care.

Islamic training camps don't bother me until they bother ME. Then we take appropriate and effective action.

But we both know that's not how the game is played these days.

I am a but if an isolationist if you haven't noticed. Take your shots, but we need to start taking care of our own.

oh, so we wait until AFTER a terrorist attack has taken place ? this is not an isolationist world unless you are some small island out in the middle of nowhere.

and we can take care of our own while doing other things. in fact monitoring what is going on in other places does play a part in taking care of our own.

oh, so we wait until AFTER a terrorist attack has taken place ? this is not an isolationist world unless you are some small island out in the middle of nowhere.

and we can take care of our own while doing other things. in fact monitoring what is going on in other places does play a part in taking care of our own.

Sorry, not buying it. You will never stop terrorism before it happens. I live 35 minutes from Boston. Trust me.

And no, we don't take care of our own first. Why the hell do we still have troops abroad? Nevermind.

Egypt ELECTED this guy. Then let them live with their decision. Enough said.

Makes me more proud of my heritage and Independence Day.

Sorry, not buying it. You will never stop terrorism before it happens. I live 35 minutes from Boston. Trust me.

And no, we don't take care of our own first. Why the hell do we still have troops abroad? Nevermind.

Egypt ELECTED this guy. Then let them live with their decision. Enough said.

Makes me more proud of my heritage and Independence Day.

there have been some terrorists caught before they were able to attack. just because we couldn't stop all of them doesn't mean we can't try things to stop some .

troops abroad are for many reasons. you know we have financial and security interests in other parts of the world ? you want to end trade with all nations ? this is a global economy now.

That was Osama Bin Laden's objective and we see how well it worked out for him.

he was a terrorist so didn't have much support outside of the islamic radicals. but i mean when the common people who just want a better country rise up .

there have been some terrorists caught before they were able to attack. just because we couldn't stop all of them doesn't mean we can't try things to stop some .

troops abroad are for many reasons. you know we have financial and security interests in other parts of the world ? you want to end trade with all nations ? this is a global economy now.

You mind telling me why we are still deploying troops to that shit hole known as Afghanistan and men and women are still coming home with one leg less than they went with?

Please tell me what 'winning' looks like. I have a 22 yr old son. How about you? You got a kid you're willing to send in my kids place?

Sorry, not buying it. You will never stop terrorism before it happens.

Totally wrong. Terrorist cells, organisations, and planned attacks are halted every single day. The only reason why you made that statement is that they receive little or no press coverage.

Totally wrong. Terrorist cells, organisations, and planned attacks are halted every single day. The only reason why you made that statement is that they receive little or no press coverage.

Oh, I have no doubt about that.

Just to play devil's advocate.....how would you know this as FACTUAL? Everyday?

Can you back up what you say? I would love to hear it.

Archived