Earls Court to be Demolished

GottaFindMyGirl

GFMG,

Thanks for posting this piece of news. Sad day for LZ fans who were there in 1975. The proposed houses are going to add to the traffic congestion in the area.

Johnson plays the upper class twit to the hilt, but at the end of the day, he's just filling his pockets and fulfilling his own personal ambitions like Cameron and Osborne.

Sanctioned by foppish idiot, Boris Johnson.

Just like the way the Tories are concreting over our green and pleasant land. I live a very beautiful area. There are many houses for sale in the villages which make up The Peak District. But that is not stopping the planners from taking up green belt land, set aside to distinguish one village from another, and putting up houses. This serves no benefit whatsoever. The schools are all full, traffic congestion is bad due to the roads not fit for cars and once the houses are up there's jack shit you can do about it. I went to a planning evening and tore shreds off the councillor who just ignored residents views. I said to him " when tourists enter the district they want to see dramatic landscape not more houses which no one can afford anyway" He smirked and offered no reason at all NOT to build houses. Wankers.

This is sad news.

I am going to London in a couple of weeks and staying in South Kensington. I must get a photo of this venue before it is gone.

(I am going to see the David Bowie exhibit at the Victoria and Albert Museum, as well as visiting Ireland, Scotland and Paris.)

Sorry to say it, but I've always found Earls Court to be a dreadful, soul-less venue. Pretty much every other venue in London is better than this place (in my humble opinion). It's just got no vibe. I've seen a few bands there over the years and really enjoyed them all - but I just love live music. I've seen Pink Floyd a couple of times, The Eagles, BRITS 2008, etc. and also been there as an exhibitor a few times when the place was being used as it's other function. However, I really hope it's replaced with something worthwhile for Londoners to enjoy.

Sorry to say it, but I've always found Earls Court to be a dreadful, soul-less venue. Pretty much every other venue in London is better than this place (in my humble opinion). It's just got no vibe. I've seen a few bands there over the years and really enjoyed them all - but I just love live music. I've seen Pink Floyd a couple of times, The Eagles, BRITS 2008, etc. and also been there as an exhibitor a few times when the place was being used as it's other function. However, I really hope it's replaced with something worthwhile for Londoners to enjoy.

Got to agree with you, on your sentiments about Earl's Court, been there for a few gigs such as Pink Floyd & Paul McCartney and an exhibition, just thought it was a horrible big warehouse with seats or stalls. Personally I think it is more about the aura of the place, through who has played there over the years, rather than any great love for it's acoustics, atmosphere and or it as a venue.

Archived