Robert Plant 2013 UK dates announced

Cookie0024

July 5, 2013 8:59 am Robert Plant in homecoming gig at Wolverhampton Civic

Rock legend Robert Plant today announced a homecoming gig in the Black Country.

The star will perform with his latest band Sensational Space Shifters at Wolverhampton Civic Hall.

The gig on September 2 is one of just two UK dates.

The Led Zeppelin frontman, who was born in West Bromwich and is vice-president of Wolves, last played at the Civic in 2005.

He is currently touring in America and his only other date in the UK will be in Bristol, while he will also fit in a show at Irish Festival Electric Picnic.

Civic spokesman Jonn Penney said: “Obviously we’re absolutely delighted that we’ve got such a world class name such as Robert Plant coming back to the Civic.

“We know he’s fond of the region and effectively he’s decided to drop in on a hometown show.

“We’re chuffed to have a name like that associated with the venue.”

Tickets for the show go on sale at 10am today and cost £40 for standing or £45 for the balcony.

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/music/2013/07/05/robert-plant-in-homecoming-gig-at-wolverhampton-civic

I am so gutted, he is in Wolverhampton, about 40 miles from me, and guess where I will be on the 2nd September? On blinking holiday, hope he does do a UK Winter tour, maybe be able to get to one of those concerts.

In the meantime, I will have contend with reading all your reviews on here, enjoy

Angela x

July 5, 2013 8:59 am Robert Plant in homecoming gig at Wolverhampton Civic

Rock legend Robert Plant today announced a homecoming gig in the Black Country.

The star will perform with his latest band Sensational Space Shifters at Wolverhampton Civic Hall.

The gig on September 2 is one of just two UK dates.

The Led Zeppelin frontman, who was born in West Bromwich and is vice-president of Wolves, last played at the Civic in 2005.

He is currently touring in America and his only other date in the UK will be in Bristol, while he will also fit in a show at Irish Festival Electric Picnic.

Civic spokesman Jonn Penney said: “Obviously we’re absolutely delighted that we’ve got such a world class name such as Robert Plant coming back to the Civic.

“We know he’s fond of the region and effectively he’s decided to drop in on a hometown show.

“We’re chuffed to have a name like that associated with the venue.”

Tickets for the show go on sale at 10am today and cost £40 for standing or £45 for the balcony.

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/music/2013/07/05/robert-plant-in-homecoming-gig-at-wolverhampton-civic

I knew Plant is a long-time Wolves fan, but I didn't know he was involved with the them in an official capacity. Does he have a financial stake in the team?

I am so gutted, he is in Wolverhampton, about 40 miles from me, and guess where I will be on the 2nd September? On blinking holiday, hope he does do a UK Winter tour, maybe be able to get to one of those concerts.

In the meantime, I will have contend with reading all your reviews on here, enjoy

Angela x

Time for you to make an abrupt u-turn and detour to the show! Besides, you're on holiday!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this is covered in another thread, but I'm rather excited because we've just got tickets to see Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters at the 02 Apollo in Manchester on the 29th October :)

Tickets go on general sale Friday morning, but went on sale to 02 Priority customers today (glad I changed my mobile provider now!)..

I got mine in a presale on Wednesday. I am doing Bristol, Wolverhampton, Manchester and the Albert Hall so far. No doubt there will be more dates which I will aim to go to.

Just don't blow every paycheck, even though it will be worth it!

I got mine in a presale on Wednesday. I am doing Bristol, Wolverhampton, Manchester and the Albert Hall so far. No doubt there will be more dates which I will aim to go to.

Wow ledded1- go ahead and blow every paycheck! (Easy for me to say.) Have fun!

I knew Plant is a long-time Wolves fan, but I didn't know he was involved with the them in an official capacity. Does he have a financial stake in the team?

Robert is one of 3 (Honorary) Vice-Presidents of the club (the other 2 being Rachel Heyhoe-Flint and Steve Bull).

In their official capacity, and at that executive level, financial involvement is (usually !) very minimal and only token.

The biggest, and usually the only real stakeholder of most clubs the owner/chairman (in Wolves case, Steve Morgan)

Getting back to the matter of the shows, please don't forget to bring your photo ID and purchasing credit/debit card - these will be neccessary to gain admittance.

Enjoy the shows, see you there maybe !

Robert is one of 3 (Honorary) Vice-Presidents of the club (the other 2 being Rachel Heyhoe-Flint and Steve Bull).

In their official capacity, and at that executive level, financial involvement is (usually !) very minimal and only token.

The biggest, and usually the only real stakeholder of most clubs the owner/chairman (in Wolves case, Steve Morgan)

Getting back to the matter of the shows, please don't forget to bring your photo ID and purchasing credit/debit card - these will be neccessary to gain admittance.

Enjoy the shows, see you there maybe !

Which shows are you talking about? You only need to take photo ID and the purchasing card if picking up tickets ordered online (for the RAH at least)

Archived