Robert Plant approaching Daniel Lanois (June 2013) ...

motu

... maybe with a next album and new material in mind:

"He and Lanois revisited several songs they recorded and shelved in 2010 after sessions for a follow-up to Plant and Alison Krauss’s 2007 Grammy-winning Raising Sand were scrapped."

found here

ps:
I feel such a next production should/could make best use of the current Sensational Space Shifters combo.

I wonder what ever happened to the sessions he recorded with Buddy Miller, as reported here late last year (http://bit.ly/14VZns0) and also what happened to the Sensational Space Shifters album, and now a Daniel Lanois collaboration? is it now three albums he's working on? Too much for someone who said was going to "just chill for a while"! Is any of the albums actually materialising and which one of them first?

I wonder what ever happened to the sessions he recorded with Buddy Miller, as reported here late last year (http://bit.ly/14VZns0) and also what happened to the Sensational Space Shifters album, and now a Daniel Lanois collaboration? is it now three albums he's working on? Too much for someone who said was going to "just chill for a while"! Is any of the albums actually materialising and which one of them first?

Who knows? Sort of a mystery I guess.

The answer is in the interview I posted earlier today in the Sensational Space Shifters North America Dates thread.

Saw that. Thanks Strider. No matter whom Robert picks, I'm sure we'll get great music in the final product!

The idea that we might hear Lanois' 2010 work with Plant - or even better, his production for an album by the SSS - is thrilling to say the least.

IMHO, T-Bone Burnett's awesome production on Raising Sand owes a debt to the stunning Emmylou Harris album, Wrecking Ball (1995) which was produced by... Daniel Lanois. There is a depth, warmth and soul to both albums not found often.

Interesting that Rob would choose Lanois who is more of an actual song writer, and not just a studio producer. Perhaps Robert needs a partner to get his creative juices going?

No names please as we don't want the millionth go around on this. :dont:

Archived