2013-14 NBA Season

Strider

The Clippers lost and the Lakers won...I don't imagine that happening too often this season. What makes it sweeter is that the Lakers beat Superpussy and the Rockets. :P

No offense to my Houston friends. ;)

Btw, Strider, you shouldn't be too down on this season. The Lakers will get to the playoffs, the question is, what will they do once they get there...

Lose.

Seriously, "get to the playoffs"? Maybe if they were in the East, but the West is too deep.

The Clippers lost and the Lakers won...I don't imagine that happening too often this season. What makes it sweeter is that the Lakers beat Superpussy and the Rockets. :P

No offense to my Houston friends. ;)

You wonder how the Lakers have won the games they have. But it wont last. Houston will be a handful once they their act together. OKC has had trouble and I think the Pistons may beat them tonight. I sucked out with the 5 1/2 with the Clips. Tonight I hope to do the same with Golden st plus 5 1/2

I really nailed them last night. I won a sweet three teamer on Washington, Philly with Winnipeg in hockey minus a goal. For $5 I got back $86. Picked up close to 200. I have been putting a few bucks on the upscoming football which is the toughest sport to win at gambling. Some of the teams I picked are Buffalo, San Diego, Detroit. All tough ones I know.

With all this talk in the West about the Clippers, OKC, Golden State, etc, etc., who is it sitting on top of the Conference in this early part of the season; the Spurs.

I know we still have a long way to go in this season, but those Spurs just won't go away....

They never do. They have good young talent to back up the old pros and they have a mean coach. I do not think Dallas will win tonight but I think they may cover the 8 pt spread. But I love the T Wolves tonight. That is my sleeper team in the West. Detroit maybe in the East

With all this talk in the West about the Clippers, OKC, Golden State, etc, etc., who is it sitting on top of the Conference in this early part of the season; the Spurs.

I know we still have a long way to go in this season, but those Spurs just won't go away....

They're like the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball. They have an infrastructure in place and a stable front office and management that allows them to compete year in and year out. They're never flashy or the flavour of the month with the media and the chattering classes; they just go out and get the job done. Steady as Ole Man River.

Rick, how are you intending your use of the word 'mean' when referring to the Spurs "mean coach"?

Pelicans? What an abominable team name. Bring Jazz back to New Orleans.

I still haven't watched an NBA game this season...wake me when it's the All-Star break.

They're like the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball. They have an infrastructure in place and a stable front office and management that allows them to compete year in and year out. They're never flashy or the flavour of the month with the media and the chattering classes; they just go out and get the job done. Steady as Ole Man River.

Rick, how are you intending your use of the word 'mean' when referring to the Spurs "mean coach"?

Pelicans? What an abominable team name. Bring Jazz back to New Orleans.

I still haven't watched an NBA game this season...wake me when it's the All-Star break.

I mean a disciplinarian. A Vince Lombardi style coach. That is all. He does not let you take nights off like some coach's. Some coach's think to themselves, I do not want to alienate the player so I better lay off him. You have to walk a fine line when you are "babysitting millionaires">

Archived