2013-14 NBA Season

Strider

• 3 weeks later...

In the words of Chris Bosh, the Heat "suck" right now. Lost 7 out of 11, but I'm not panicking just yet, although I may be getting to the point where I have to give up on Miami getting the #1 seed in the East.

But I'm still holding out hope that when the playoffs come, the Heat will turn it on & at least get back to the NBA Finals....

Los Angeles Lakers were the first team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs. Yes, even before the woeful Philadelphia 76ers, thanks to the pathetic Eastern Conference, haha. Just call them the Loss Angeles Lakers from now on.

Jim Buss is an example of why not to have children...or if you do, don't hand them the reins to your kingdom. As any reader of Shakespeare's "King Lear" knows, the kids will muck it up every time. What Dr. Jerry Buss built over his lifetime, Jim Buss has destroyed in barely over a year.

Dark times for us Laker fans. :bagoverhead:

Los Angeles Lakers were the first team to be officially eliminated from the playoffs. Yes, even before the woeful Philadelphia 76ers, thanks to the pathetic Eastern Conference, haha. Just call them the Loss Angeles Lakers from now on.

Jim Buss is an example of why not to have children...or if you do, don't hand them the reins to your kingdom. As any reader of Shakespeare's "King Lear" knows, the kids will muck it up every time. What Dr. Jerry Buss built over his lifetime, Jim Buss has destroyed in barely over a year.

Dark times for us Laker fans. :bagoverhead:

My heart does not bleed for you Strider. Try being a Buffalo fan.

My heart does not bleed for you Strider. Try being a Buffalo fan.

Don't you mean Los Angeles Clippers fan? Buffalo hasn't had an NBA team since the 1970s. ;)

No, I get what you mean. But at least Buffalo has been to some Super Bowls...try being a Cleveland sports fan. Hahaha.

Paul, I wouldn't take the Heat's loss to Indiana last night too hard. Playoffs are a different story.

76ers are two more losses from breaking Cleveland's record for futility.

Wow, just when I was ready to give up on the Heat being the #1 seed, bam; 4 straight wins, 7-3 over their last ten. As bad as the Heat have been at stretches this season, the Pacers must be doing even worse to have dropped to #2....

Oh hell yeah, Paul. Indiana has been meltdown city since they beat the Heat a week ago. They've lost to crap teams like Cleveland and Philadelphia. Meanwhile, don't look now but San Antonio is rolling! They didn't lose a game the entire month of March.

The Lakers are about to set their all-time worst season record...already have lost 50 games, which is only the second time since moving to Los Angeles that they've lost that many games.

Could be that ebk and I are related in some manner. My lineage hails from points in the midwest eastward.

Though I don't follow the live streaming 15-20 second Wiz clips, I follow their standing position.

Don't you mean Los Angeles Clippers fan? Buffalo hasn't had an NBA team since the 1970s. ;)

No, I get what you mean. But at least Buffalo has been to some Super Bowls...try being a Cleveland sports fan. Hahaha.

Paul, I wouldn't take the Heat's loss to Indiana last night too hard. Playoffs are a different story.

76ers are two more losses from breaking Cleveland's record for futility.

Well I like the Clippers chances big time. I think they will destroy anyone at home. Their record is right there. Over 50 wins. Kicking ass. Without Dwight Houston is in big trouble. And the Clippers have beat them the last two trips down there. To me its the Clippers vs OKC in the West. Yes I know all about San Anton. But you see what OKC did to them. As for being a Buffalo fan, basketball does not really count. Nor baseball. I have very good reason to be a Clippers and an Orioles fan. I like Golden St also, since the days of Rick Barry. Cleveland has never been to a Super Bowl but have a very storied history in the NFL. They may have more championships after Green Bay and Chicago than any other team? I would have to look it up but in the old days before there was a Super Bowl they won often. Had their been a Super Bowl in the early 60's Buffalo and Cleveland would have met in one of them. No doubt Jim Brown would have destroyed us. Or Lombardi's Packers for sure. The AFL was not ready to beat the NFL yet. And the Jets win still stands out as the greatest upset in the history of sports in my book. Cleveland fans are very loyal as are Bills fans.

Could be that ebk and I are related in some manner. My lineage hails from points in the midwest eastward.

Though I don't follow the live streaming 15-20 second Wiz clips, I follow their standing position.

Hmmmm...my lineage hails from Eastern Europe. Although I did have one grandma who was born in Nashville...

I only "follow" the Wiz because I live here. My friend Erin is a huge fan, so I'll go with her to games because I like extended happy hours :D

^^ That is alarming. Makes me wonder what shape the Pacers will be in when the playoffs start? Maybe that Heat/Pacers Eastern Conference Finals won't happen....

As they would say in Donnie Brasco, "forget about it". No chance. They have collapsed. I truly believe a team like the Bobcats are the toughest competition in the East right now.

^^ Is that a 3-Peat I smell in the air, I think so... hopefully the Spurs won't be around to spoil my dreams of world domination....

The Clippers will be there waiting for you pal. I assure you. Only OKC will pose a threat. I like the Clippers and so does Charles Barclay. all the way

The Knicks and Cleveland are both better than Atlanta IMO, but are a couple of games back in the final seed for the playoffs. I like the Knicks chances of catching them. With the collapse of Indiana, assuming they cannot fix whatever is wrong by the playoffs, Charlotte and Chicago may be the only real competition Miami will have. Not saying either can beat them in a series but Miami has lost many games to teams below them. Most likely do to lack of motivation. Charlotte is the team that most impress's me as far as how much improved they are. Still, I am picking a Miami vs Clippers final.

^^ Yeah, Miami has lost some games to lesser competition, but I vividly remember that the Heat lost a regular season game to the Wizards last season & things turned out all right.

I too would like to see a Heat/Clippers Final, that would be a lot of fun...

^^ Yeah, Miami has lost some games to lesser competition, but I vividly remember that the Heat lost a regular season game to the Wizards last season & things turned out all right.

I too would like to see a Heat/Clippers Final, that would be a lot of fun...

I will say this. Nobody will beat the Clippers in their own building from the West. NOBODY. They are a monster at home. And thier record speaks for itself. They won the last two trips to Houston and Dwight played. OKC will be the toughest competition when all is said and done. I know San Anton is tough. But I do not think they can do what they did in the past. Parker and Duncan are too old to beat guys like Durant and CP and Blake Griffin. Jordan, the Clips center has really devleoped. Crawford is a huge help and Collison has been great. Miami had best not take Charlotte lightly if they face them. I think they are a team on the rise. How about the T Wolves beating the Heat on Sat? The T Wolves are going to be a very good team next year if they can get one more star. To help out Love. They are a pretty good team now.

Truly sucks that the Clippers and Warriors play in round one. I like them both. The Clippers should win but it wont be easy. I think Memphis will be a handful for San Anton and Charlotte goes in red hot while the Heat have been sleepwalking. I expect a wake up call in game one. I am taking the Bobcats with the points all day. Houston and Portland is a tough one to call and so too Toronto and Wizards.

Well, unless something truly astonishing happens, I expect the Heat to bitchslap the Bobcats in Round 1, maybe even a sweep. It's that time of the year when Lebron & company have to turn it on & I expect them to do it.

Looking at the brackets, I wouldn't expect any first round upsets, Clippers should handle their business vs. the Warriors....

Archived