2013-14 NBA Season

Strider

Well Rick, it's a 12 point lead with 6 minutes left. If you're going to get up in anything it better be during "garbage" time when the Heat sweep these suckas out, as I predicted... :P

;)

I do not see any team in the East beating them. But the West can beat them

He is not the monster the media and Magic make him out to be. This is soooooo dumb

Rick, you may know your betting and your sports in general, but you don't know shit about the Clippers and especially that stain on humanity, Donald Sterling. His vileness has been an open secret in L.A. for years. He is the major reason why I never was, nor could ever become, a Clipper fan...no matter how bad the Lakers get, I will NEVER jump ship to that turd's team.

Those of us who live in LA have had to put up with his nonsense...his slumlord eyesore buildings, his cheap, tacky self-promoting ads touting some made up award he received, his incompetence. I hope the NBA comes down hard on him today...strip him of the team. For years, Cleveland's Ted Stepien was the poster boy for the Worst Owner in Sports. But Donald surpassed Ted long ago. Yet, while the NBA stepped in get rid of Ted back in the 80s, David Stern didn't do a thing about Donald Sterling, even as all the evidence piled up. Hell, he even went out of his way to HELP Sterling.

It is a smirch on David Stern's legacy that one of his final acts as commissioner was to stop the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers, only to allow Paul to go to play for that venal Donald Sterling's Clippers.

Donald Sterling is a scumbag...he needs to fucking die!

The you tube feed of this over done crap. He does not say anything nearly as offensive as the media and that stinking poor excuse of a president indicates. Maybe someone should call him the N word so he can really have some justification to his crap? This "girlfriend" set him up. she did a lousy job but she got what she wanted. He should not have kept talking to her. He is not the monster the media and Magic make him out to be. This is soooooo dumb

If you can't see the obvious racism in what he was saying, you might be a lost cause.

Bang! Bang! Adam's Silver Hammer

Came down upon his head!

Bang! Bang! Adam's Silver Hammer

Made sure that he was dead!

With apologies to the Beatles.

Still to be resolved, of course, is Sterling's ownership of the team and what part any of his family has in the matter.

Rick, you may know your betting and your sports in general, but you don't know shit about the Clippers and especially that stain on humanity, Donald Sterling. His vileness has been an open secret in L.A. for years. He is the major reason why I never was, nor could ever become, a Clipper fan...no matter how bad the Lakers get, I will NEVER jump ship to that turd's team.

Those of us who live in LA have had to put up with his nonsense...his slumlord eyesore buildings, his cheap, tacky self-promoting ads touting some made up award he received, his incompetence. I hope the NBA comes down hard on him today...strip him of the team. For years, Cleveland's Ted Stepien was the poster boy for the Worst Owner in Sports. But Donald surpassed Ted long ago. Yet, while the NBA stepped in get rid of Ted back in the 80s, David Stern didn't do a thing about Donald Sterling, even as all the evidence piled up. Hell, he even went out of his way to HELP Sterling.

It is a smirch on David Stern's legacy that one of his final acts as commissioner was to stop the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers, only to allow Paul to go to play for that venal Donald Sterling's Clippers.

Donald Sterling is a scumbag...he needs to fucking die!

Over a phone conversation that was taped without his knowledge he needs to die? Gee, I am glad you are not running this country. I do not follow or cheer for a team based on its owner. Do you think I was in love with Ralph Wilson? The team and the players are a totally seperate entity from the owner. Go Clippers

Les Boulez on to the second round!!! Who would have thought...

Allez Les Boulez! With the tailspin the Pacers have been on, Washington might be the second-best team in the East right now.

It would be even better news if he was taking Jim Buss with him. Worst Laker-era ever.

Over a phone conversation that was taped without his knowledge he needs to die? Gee, I am glad you are not running this country. I do not follow or cheer for a team based on its owner. Do you think I was in love with Ralph Wilson? The team and the players are a totally seperate entity from the owner. Go Clippers

Like I said, you don't know shit about Sterling. You stated in your post that "he wasn't that bad"...which to those who have been paying attention, is erroneous. It has nothing to do with the phone call...I haven't even heard the tape, as I don't go to TMZ or those sites...his history before this latest imbroglio was already rancid enough for me never to root for his team. Sterling is the 'Clipper Curse' which has long haunted this team. If you lived here, you would know. But if you like him so much, maybe the NBA can get Donald Sterling to move the Clippers back to Buffalo, where they belong.

Right over your head.

You didn't make any point, so there was nothing to go 'over' or 'under' my head. You posted a video of NWA's "Fuck da police". Wow. Big whoop. You might as just as well have posted a clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger wasting away an entire police station in "Terminator". Or Mick Jagger singing "Sympathy for the Devil". But since you apparently cannot tell the difference between real life and entertainment, debating this with you is pointless.

I haven't been able to research this, but it does seem to me that there have been an amazing number of Game 7s in the first round of the NBA and NHL playoffs this year. Three game 7s last night in the NHL and now a whole slew of game 7s have been forced in the NBA tonight. This has been one wild ride in the playoffs so far...and it is early still.

Like I said, you don't know shit about Sterling. You stated in your post that "he wasn't that bad"...which to those who have been paying attention, is erroneous. It has nothing to do with the phone call...I haven't even heard the tape, as I don't go to TMZ or those sites...his history before this latest imbroglio was already rancid enough for me never to root for his team. Sterling is the 'Clipper Curse' which has long haunted this team. If you lived here, you would know. But if you like him so much, maybe the NBA can get Donald Sterling to move the Clippers back to Buffalo, where they belong.

You didn't make any point, so there was nothing to go 'over' or 'under' my head. You posted a video of NWA's "Fuck da police". Wow. Big whoop. You might as just as well have posted a clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger wasting away an entire police station in "Terminator". Or Mick Jagger singing "Sympathy for the Devil". But since you apparently cannot tell the difference between real life and entertainment, debating this with you is pointless.

I know you do not care and neither do I, but from what posts I have read from you, you seem to be an old and hostile and a vindictive person.

I do not even care about basketball (even the Dallas Mavericks) but I happened to "stumble" upon your (this) post and felt the need to reply.

Relax dude... whatever you post and say does not mean a thing, just as whatever I post or say does not mean anything. You seem to take criticism very badly or with a lot of scorn or vengeance in your heart. Your thoughts and opinions are Yours. Just as Mine are Mine. That does not mean that you are right or Above Others just because you do not agree with what They say or Post. The same goes for Me. You are Hypocrite of the First Order!!!

Edited to add: If you can dish it out then I hope you are man enough to TAKE IT.

Back to the BasketBall: I still stand by My Words and Predict that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be the 2014 World Series Champions!!!

I know you do not care and neither do I, but from what posts I have read from you, you seem to be an old and hostile and a vindictive person.

I do not even care about basketball (even the Dallas Mavericks) but I happened to "stumble" upon your (this) post and felt the need to reply.

Relax dude... whatever you post and say does not mean a thing, just as whatever I post or say does not mean anything. You seem to take criticism very badly or with a lot of scorn or vengeance in your heart. Your thoughts and opinions are Yours. Just as Mine are Mine. That does not mean that you are right or Above Others just because you do not agree with what They say or Post. The same goes for Me. You are Hypocrite of the First Order!!!

Edited to add: If you can dish it out then I hope you are man enough to TAKE IT.

Back to the BasketBall: I still stand by My Words and Predict that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be the 2014 World Series Champions!!!

Thank you for your input. Entertaining, as always. You're slipping, though...you actually went an entire post without mentioning 'The Great United States of America'.

Good grief!

Save your grief for the poor people who need it...the people who had to deal with him or his wife, for instance. It is too bad Sterling couldn't be the owner of the Celtics...then you might understand how bad this guy really can be.

But enough about him. He is distracting from what so far has been a fun and unpredictable playoff round (and he took attention away from the passing of Dr. Jack Ramsay). As I suspected, the number of Game 7's this round is historic:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-05-02/nba-playoffs-2014-historic-saturday-game-7s-first-time-ever

Plus, there is still a chance for more depending on the games tonight...

Toronto @ Brooklyn...Toronto leads 3-2. Good chance for Brooklyn to win at home tonight to force a game 7. I like the Nets to win.

San Antonio @ Dallas...SA leads 3-2. This is tougher to figure. Spurs have the veteran pride and toughness needed to close out a series on the road, but Dirk is Dallas' X-factor. If he explodes for a big game, and Vince Carter continues his 3-point shooting spree, Dallas can send it back to San Antonio for a game 7. I think Dallas can muster up enough to win at home.

Houston @ Portland...Portland leads 3-2. This is the only game where the home team has the chance to clinch the series. As such, I like Portland to end it tonight and send Dwight Howard off fishing.

But think if all the teams down 2-3 tonight actually win? That would be three more game 7s on Sunday...back-to-back days of three game 7s in one round! The betting action will be thru the roof, I imagine.

Just got tickets for Game 1 of Round 2! Yay!!

Hooray! Washington will either play Indiana or Atlanta, but if it is Indiana, won't Game One be at Indianapolis, as they are the #1 seed?

Or did you mean you got tix for the first Wiz home game of the series?

Archived