the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

Have fun, hope you enjoy it as much as I did...........I can sense how you feel right now, lol.

Yeah you should be ok. That's how I saw it today. Awesome!

Did either of you get the special Opening Day Star Wars merch they were selling at the theatres? Hoodies, shirts, hats, keychains, posters, ticketholders...a flood of Star Wars shit. By the time we got to the theatre last night they were sold out of everything except hoodies and hats.

Did either of you get the special Opening Day Star Wars merch they were selling at the theatres? Hoodies, shirts, hats, keychains, posters, ticketholders...a flood of Star Wars shit. By the time we got to the theatre last night they were sold out of everything except hoodies and hats.

At the theatre istself.....no, but I just bought a Kylo Ren figure (to see if he actually is big Klu).

ren.jpeg

Edited by reswati

I was sitting next to three girls who were GEEKING out the entire movie...nearly every scene was greeted with squeals and gasps and they would hug each other. I bet those seats were soaking wet by the end of the film.

The thing was that they gave no outward clue that they were hardcore Star Wars nerds. They weren't dressed as Yoda or Princess Keia or anything.

Edited by Strider

At the theatre istself.....no, but I just bought a Kylo Ren figure (to see if he actually is big Klu).

ren.jpeg

Sweet. But it's when he took his helmet off that I said to myself "Hey! It's Big Klu!"

Hey Res and Reggie, are you thinking the same thing I am regarding Rey's parentage?

Sweet. But it's when he took his helmet off that I said to myself "Hey! It's Big Klu!"

Hey Res and Reggie, are you thinking the same thing I am regarding Rey's parentage?

They're both Gandalf's kids! (They might have the same parents IMO).

Edited by reswati

Yeah, I think I've got it sussed out.

Not sure about Kylo's heritage though it may not be as it seems.

What about Fin's parentage? One cast member missing from the original trilogy was conspicuous in his absence!?

No merchandise except a Star Wars drinking cup and a metal popcorn bucket (waste paper bin), with Chewbacca on it. They had all the characters buckets.

Edited by Reggie29

Yeah, I think I've got it sussed out.

Not sure about Kylo's heritage though it may not be as it seems.

What about Fin's parentage? One cast member missing from the original trilogy was conspicuous in his absence!?

No merchandise except a Star Wars drinking cup and a metal popcorn bucket (waste paper bin), with Chewbacca on it. They had all the characters buckets.

Finn Calrissian could be quite possible.

But Finn was a slave who was indoctrinated into the Stormtroopers. How would Lando's kid become a slave?

When Vader occupied Llando's station it's possible he was married (his marital  / parent status was never revealed), with a child and it's plausible they along with the rest of the people were enslaved and forgotten?. Finn was discovered as an orphan and indoctrinated as a Stormtrooper. As we are 30 years after the event, continuity dictates he would've been a boy no younger than 5 years old.

For the hardcore Force fanatics:

This book called "The Star Wars Chronicles" by Deborah Fine is worth checking out.

Everything about the original trilogy (from concept art to models, costumes, size charts and many more things) is included in this very large book, in high quality pictures.

Bought it years ago when it came out, a bit pricy, but simply amazing.

SWC.jpg

index.jpg

chronicles3.jpg

Edited by reswati

Seriously? Finn was "a slave". :rolleyes:

What next, someone points at the Death Star and tells Darth Vadar "you didn't build that".

We're discussing a film here, not your white power troll posts (I can imagine your dismay for the "Race Wars" thread getting shut down, but this is the wrong thread to revive it).

Sod off, you pathetic creature.

(And as far to your inability to spell "Darth Vader".........May the Fail be with you)

Edited by reswati

We're discussing a film here, not your white power troll posts (I can imagine your dismay for the "Race Wars" thread getting shut down, but this is the wrong thread to revive it).

Sod off, you pathetic creature.

(And as far to your inability to spell "Darth Vader".........May the Fail be with you)

:bravo::gimmefive:

I was sitting next to three girls who were GEEKING out the entire movie...nearly every scene was greeted with squeals and gasps and they would hug each other. I bet those seats were soaking wet by the end of the film.

The thing was that they gave no outward clue that they were hardcore Star Wars nerds. They weren't dressed as Yoda or Princess Keia or anything.

That is disgusting Strider...you should be ashamed of yourself. BTW, where can I meet geek women like that? If I could only find a sweet honey who gets all swampy at the thought of Firefly, Babylon 5 or Star Wars? Oh Myyyyy, dare to dream.

Going to see the movie Sunday morning, matinee, hoping to avoid some of the crowd.

OMG!!!! I absolutely loved it! 

My son says it's his favourite film ever.

Loved the characters,  loved the story, loved the music, loved the acting.... but I mostly loved the sets. The real ones and the CGI ones. Everything was so realistic.  

We saw it in 3D extreme screen. ... so bloody amazing! 

I haven't bothered Googling yet... do we know where the last scene was shot? Maybe Ireland? 

I want to see it again!!!!

OMG!!!! I absolutely loved it! 

My son says it's his favourite film ever.

Loved the characters,  loved the story, loved the music, loved the acting.... but I mostly loved the sets. The real ones and the CGI ones. Everything was so realistic.  

We saw it in 3D extreme screen. ... so bloody amazing! 

I haven't bothered Googling yet... do we know where the last scene was shot? Maybe Ireland? 

I want to see it again!!!!

It looked like Wales.