the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

It's been crazy all day...phone ringing off the hook with Star Wars premiere questions. They've had Hollywood Blvd. blocked for days getting the red carpet and tents set up...security is tighter than the Academy Awards. I don't even bother walking anywhere near the Chinese Theatre. Poor punters camping out getting drenched in the rain yesterday. Red Carpet arrivals should be commencing now. 8pm PST is showtime. 

It's been crazy all day...phone ringing off the hook with Star Wars premiere questions. They've had Hollywood Blvd. blocked for days getting the red carpet and tents set up...security is tighter than the Academy Awards. I don't even bother walking anywhere near the Chinese Theatre. Poor punters camping out getting drenched in the rain yesterday. Red Carpet arrivals should be commencing now. 8pm PST is showtime. 

What day does it premiere over there, Strider?

What day does it premiere over there, Strider?

Today! The premiere is happening right now...you should be seeing red carpet coverage on your entertainment news channels shortly. I know someone going to the premiere but he couldn't weasel me in, unfortunately. That's okay...I got into the "Revenant", "The Danish Girl", "Legend", and "The Hateful 8" screenings so I can't complain.

If you mean when does "Star Wars" open to the general public in the U.S., that date is December 18, with midnight screenings on Dec. 17 in the big cities.

I gots me a ticket for Star Wars: the Force Awakens to be shown on Thursday night in Addison, Texas.

I am excited beyond belief.  I know that it is around 2+ hours in length, but I am going to sneak in a flask of Captain Morgan.

Why on earth would you wanna see a movie intoxicated.....reminds me of the wasted people at the O2 concert. Would be a shame if you see the movie double (this comment comes from a person who is used to drink absinthe with an alcohol percentage between 55% and 77%, so I can handle some liquor, lol)

Enjoy the movie.....as far as I heard this one's one of the greater installments of the saga).

May the Force be with you, young Padawan.

Why on earth would you wanna see a movie intoxicated.....reminds me of the wasted people at the O2 concert. Would be a shame if you see the movie double (this comment comes from a person who is used to drink absinthe with an alcohol percentage between 55% and 77%, so I can handle some liquor, lol)

Enjoy the movie.....as far as I heard this one's one of the greater installments of the saga).

May the Force be with you, young Padawan.

You are right.  I should clarify what I meant:  I will be taking a flask of Captain Morgan with me, as I will do a couple of shots before going into the theater.  Two or three quick shots will not get me intoxicated.  Just a quick nice and easy warm feeling before seeing what may be the biggest movie of all-time. 

You are right.  I should clarify what I meant:  I will be taking a flask of Captain Morgan with me, as I will do a couple of shots before going into the theater.  Two or three quick shots will not get me intoxicated.  Just a quick nice and easy warm feeling before seeing what may be the biggest movie of all-time. 

Completely stoked here, been into Star Wars since my dad got me into the theatre in 77.

Might you also want to have a smoke in style now:

1623751_526313904154926_488269581_n.jpg

Edited by reswati

I gots me a ticket for Star Wars: the Force Awakens to be shown on Thursday night in Addison, Texas.

I am excited beyond belief.  I know that it is around 2+ hours in length, but I am going to sneak in a flask of Captain Morgan.

II'll be at the Plano Cinamark on Friday night.....I can't wait!!! 

II'll be at the Plano Cinamark on Friday night.....I can't wait!!! 

A co-worker of mine, his friend bought a bunch of tickets and he had one left that he needed to sell, so my co-worker (who knows that I am a big Star Wars fan) asked me if I wanted it.  Of course I wanted it.  $20.

All I know at this moment is that is at some movie theater in Addison.  I don't even know the name of the theater.  All that matters is that I am going to see this fucking monster of a movie. 

If you want, I can get on this forum after the "Event" and tell you everything that I can remember about it.  I can spoil it for you and all the others who visit this topic.  Just kidding, I would not do that.

Not to be a kill joy, but am I the only one who remembers the last three Star Wars films flat out SUCKED?

Now in true Disney PC fashion, this new one stars a chick and a black guy.

Sorry, I'm just not feeling it.

In your opinion, the last three Star Wars films might have sucked and I will admit that the "prequels" were not as great as the original three, however it is my belief that this is a "new" Star Wars for a new generation, one that I believe will dazzle and amaze fans and audiences the same way the first one dazzled and amazed me (and millions of others) when I was just a 6 year old kid back in 1977.  The very same year that Led Zeppelin last toured the United States of America.  It would not surprise me if all the members of Led Zeppelin took the time to go to the movie theater and see this movie when it was released. 

Led Zeppelin, America, Hollywood, Badgeholders... The ice planet of HOTH (Empire) inspired George Lucas to name this planet after Houses Of The Holy...I would say that George Lucas was and still is a Led Zeppelin fan and probably had seen Led Zeppelin live in concert in either 1969/1970/1971/1972/1973 and maybe even in 1975 when Linda Lovelace introduced (among other things) Led Zeppelin.  Or was George introduced to the "Butter Queen" back in 1975?

I will say one thing:  as a person who used to do a lot acid when I was a teenager, George Lucas must have "tripped" on more good acid back when acid was way more potent then the lysergic that me and my friend used to do.  How else can someone come up with the whole concept and premise that George Lucas brilliantly envisioned and made that vision in what it is to this very day. 

Thank You Mr. Lucas. 

Edited by kingzoso

In your opinion, the last three Star Wars films might have sucked and I will admit that the "prequels" were not as great as the original three, however it is my belief that this is a "new" Star Wars for a new generation, one that I believe will dazzle and amaze fans and audiences the same way the first one dazzled and amazed me (and millions of others) when I was just a 6 year old kid back in 1977. 

Might have sucked?! Jar Jar Binks anyone? Optimists say THIS is a new Star Wars for a new generation, but the realists realize these formula-driven films only exist because the studios are completely devoid of original ideas. It would be great for this film to present a story line that will be a gateway into blockbuster sequels, but it will have to stand on its own merits to do so. 

In your opinion, the last three Star Wars films might have sucked and I will admit that the "prequels" were not as great as the original three, however it is my belief that this is a "new" Star Wars for a new generation, one that I believe will dazzle and amaze fans and audiences the same way the first one dazzled and amazed me (and millions of others) when I was just a 6 year old kid back in 1977.  The very same year that Led Zeppelin last toured the United States of America.  It would not surprise me if all the members of Led Zeppelin took the time to go to the movie theater and see this movie when it was released. 

Led Zeppelin, America, Hollywood, Badgeholders... The ice planet of HOTH (Empire) inspired George Lucas to name this planet after Houses Of The Holy...I would say that George Lucas was and still is a Led Zeppelin fan and probably had seen Led Zeppelin live in concert in either 1969/1970/1971/1972/1973 and maybe even in 1975 when Linda Lovelace introduced (among other things) Led Zeppelin.  Or was George introduced to the "Butter Queen" back in 1975?

I will say one thing:  as a person who used to do a lot acid when I was a teenager, George Lucas must have "tripped" on more good acid back when acid was way more potent then the lysergic that me and my friend used to do.  How else can someone come up with the whole concept and premise that George Lucas brilliantly envisioned and made that vision in what it is to this very day. 

Thank You Mr. Lucas. 

:rolleyes:

Believe it or not, some people are pretty creative without drugs. 

:goodpost:

Princess_Leia's_characteristic_hairstylelatest?cb=20080201203945

Christ, that pos never ceases to amaze me. I guess he has to get his racist posts in somewhere, even in a Star Wars thread. 

What also amazes me is that nobody ever complained bout Yoda being green.

Btw....Boyega is a really fine actor. "Attack the block" is the first movie I saw him in, funny little English scifi, very worth watching.

Edited by reswati