the Star Wars thread...

kingzoso

Just came back from it...........

what can I say without spoiling anything?

Well.......the chemistry between the new actors is excellent, and the new evil dude is indeed a tortured soul (with some issues), also his weird lightsword actually made sense.

John Boyega mastered the drama and also the humor very well, brilliant young actor and an excellent choice as a main character.

Daisy Ridley certainly knew to portray a female with gusto, not very much unlike Carrie Fisher in the original series.

The character played by Andy Serkis is one thing you must have seen, hehe.

Domnhall Gleeson more or less put down believable a space version of Goebbels...gosh that guy has creepy eyes.

The first time you see the Falcon was to me a real WOW!!!! moment....love that ugly thing!

Oh yeah, the performance of Mark Hamill was truly beyond amazing (Somehow reminded me of Jimmy Page).

BB8 rules (and rolls).

And SAJ should join the First Order (and quit whining about movies he hasn't even seen yet).

Edited by reswati

Not to be a kill joy, but am I the only one who remembers the last three Star Wars films flat out SUCKED?

Now in true Disney PC fashion, this new one stars a chick and a black guy.

Sorry, I'm just not feeling it.

Steve, you're a very, very sad human being. Keep your racism and sexism to yourself.

Edited by Melcórë

:goodpost:

Princess_Leia's_characteristic_hairstylelatest?cb=20080201203945

Christ, that pos never ceases to amaze me. I guess he has to get his racist posts in somewhere, even in a Star Wars thread. 

Good post Sath.  Like I said a couple of weeks ago...  FWIW, I thought the last of the three prequels was good.  The first two, not so much.  Looking forward to seeing this one in IMAX over the holiday.

Can I say that I can't recall ever watching a Star Wars movie

*Crawls out from under a rock and raises hand to agree with the above statement

Me neither. I in fact, know absolutely nothing about the Star Wars franchise. I am pretty familiar with Mr. Spock and Co. though, as Star Trek used to be part of the weekend TV line-up, when I was a kid! :) 

Steve, you're a very, very sad human being. Keep your racism and sexism to yourself.

My post was neither racist nor sexist. I own more than 1,500 films on dvd, and can't think of one "Space Western" that puts a white female AND a black male in the lead roles. I'm not knocking it, just saying I'm not feeling it. Seems a bit Disney PC to me. Anyway, I'm genuinely interested in the so called back story of the black character. The chick? That's just predictable.  

My post was neither racist nor sexist. I own more than 1,500 films on dvd, and can't think of one "Space Western" that puts a white female AND a black male in the lead roles. I'm not knocking it, just saying I'm not feeling it. Seems a bit Disney PC to me. Anyway, I'm genuinely interested in the so called back story of the black character. The chick? That's just predictable.  

C'mon Steve, I know yu are better than that. This is not a movie about a early 20th century revisionist western where the black guy and woman have equal rights and there is no racism or sexism. This is a movie arc which takes place in a different galaxy, anything is possible and humanities history (Earths) does not apply. Woman, black guy, Chinese guy with huge dick (could not resist) can exist as equals. Race and gender do not apply UNLESS it is part of the story itself. Fiction is a great thing, anything is possible and history in fiction is irrelevant.

Not to be a kill joy, but am I the only one who remembers the last three Star Wars films flat out SUCKED?

Now in true Disney PC fashion, this new one stars a chick and a black guy.

Sorry, I'm just not feeling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgX9v5yErU

I know you are just trolling kingzoso but do you read your posts before posting? "A chick and a black guy"? Yeah...as if the original trilogy didn't have that. Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams ring a bell?

Why do you seem intent on proving you are as racist and sexist as everyone accuses you of being, SAJ? 

C'mon Steve, I know you are better than that. This is not a movie about a early 20th century revisionist western where the black guy and woman have equal rights and there is no racism or sexism. This is a movie arc which takes place in a different galaxy, anything is possible and humanities history (Earths) does not apply. Woman, black guy, Chinese guy with huge dick (could not resist) can exist as equals. Race and gender do not apply UNLESS it is part of the story itself. Fiction is a great thing, anything is possible and history in fiction is irrelevant.

Uh-oh, your on to me! :lol:

Female actresses starring in space-oriented films are nothing new (Jane Fonda, Carrie Fisher, Sigourney Weaver, etc.) but as I recall Billy Dee Williams only had a supporting role in the two Star Wars films he was in. Like I said, I'm not necessarily opposed to it but would like to think there's a back story to the character that explains it, as opposed to IpMan's suggestion that we pretend there is no color.

And now back to sane discussions.....has anyone else already seen it by now (Since there are also other people from Europe here on the board....or must I finally conclude that the Nerd is strong in me, lol?).

Also feel free to post some of your toys and memorabilia here, looking forward to see what we all collected through the years.

Here's another one from my collection........

prowse.jpeg

Edited by reswati

Tonight we had our family Christmas dinner, which ends with watching a Christmas movie (usually It's a Wonderful Life).  Not tonight. My kids are finishing watching all of the Star Wars movies in preparation for tomorrow night's showing of the new Star Wars movie in 3D IMAX.  I'm now wishing I would have bought a ticket.  Can't wait to see it!! 

I have a ticket (actually my co-worker has my ticket) for the Force Awakens for later on this evening, 12/17/15.  I do not even know the name of the movie theater that I will be seeing this epic.  I am somewhat of an "expert" when it comes to Star Wars and its history, but I can not and could not tell you where I will be seeing this movie in less than 18 hours from now.  How ironic is that?

For any and all those who could care less about this movie, just remember that you also have the right to not participate in this discussion.  For those that do not care about this movie, I ask you, why would you waste your time and whatever else to espouse your views for a movie that you don't care about?...

and it makes Me wonder...

Edited by kingzoso

I have a ticket (actually my co-worker has my ticket) for the Force Awakens for later on this evening, 12/17/15.  I do not even know the name of the movie theater that I will be seeing this epic.  I am somewhat of an "expert" when it comes to Star Wars and its history, but I can not and could not tell you where I will be seeing this movie in less than 18 hours from now.  How ironic is that?

For any and all those who could care less about this movie, just remember that you also have the right to not participate in this discussion.  For those that do not care about this movie, I ask you, why would you waste your time and whatever else to espouse your views for a movie that you don't care about?...

and it makes Me wonder...

No worries King...Now if Bryan Cranston and the cast from Walking Dead have cameos in The Force Awakens, I believe your head might explode.

Good Luck.

And now back to sane discussions.....has anyone else already seen it by now (Since there are also other people from Europe here on the board....or must I finally conclude that the Nerd is strong in me, lol?).

Seeing it tonight, dude.

Seeing it tonight, dude.

Have fun!

Some nerdy freak facts about Star Wars Episode 4:

In the early concept art, the character who would evolve into Luke, was actually a girl.

In the first draft for the film, Han Solo is a huge green skinned monster with no nose and large gills (an Ureallian, to be more specific).

Edited by reswati

Have fun!

Some nerdy freak facts about Star Wars Episode 4:

In the early concept art, the character who would evolve into Luke, was actually a girl.

In the first draft for the film, Han Solo is a huge green skinned monster with no nose and large gills (an Ureallian, to be more specific).

Luckily for Mark Hamill's and Harrison Ford's career those early concepts were changed.