Need Your Suggestions for Road Trip Across the USA

Strider

One thing that has been fairly consistent on this trip is the heat. Not just in the deserts of California, Nevada, Utah(which I expected), but in the fruited plains of the Midwest. Even at 4 in the morning, it is sweltering in Columbus, OH. Sure, the temperature gauge says 76° but the humidity is freaking 87%.

The only respite from the heat was being in the Colorado Rockies Tuesday night.

I'm drinking water at a rate that would put CJW to shame. ;)

One thing that has been fairly consistent on this trip is the heat. Not just in the deserts of California, Nevada, Utah(which I expected), but in the fruited plains of the Midwest. Even at 4 in the morning, it is sweltering in Columbus, OH. Sure, the temperature gauge says 76° but the humidity is freaking 87%.

The only respite from the heat was being in the Colorado Rockies Tuesday night.

I'm drinking water at a rate that would put CJW to shame. ;)

I don't think that's possible! :notworthy:

At a certain point on a trip like this, things happen faster than I have a chance to process and organize into thoughts and post. Yesterday was such a day...all I will say for now is that after the monotony of Kansas and Missouri, Pennsylvania was a delight! What beautiful countryside...the stretch from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg was breathtaking.

Just passed Stamford, CT.

post-1470-0-46280900-1374236302_thumb.jp

On your way back, I highly recommend driving through Bucks County, Pennsylvania, specifically New Hope. 18th century homes and farms sprawled out over rolling hills and hidden in dense forests accompanied by lazy streams that wind up in the Delaware. New Hope has shops, restaurants, bars and is packed full of charm that blends rich European-Renaissance styles with Colonial America moods. One can spend a weekend there and still miss so much!

Edited by zeppy668