Best Country in the World, and why?

Charles J. White

Everybody gets them, the rich and the poor. There is also a monthly "child benefit" for every family who has kids, it's about 100€ a month for one child, 200€ for two and so on, and it's tax free money. It is also for both rich and poor. 100€ equals about 125 dollars a month. All this is still not "cheap" for us as we pay very high taxes here in Finland.

Here is a photo of the content of the maternity box. You can google more about the subject if you are interested in this, quite unique way of helping parents to get everything the baby needs :-)

post-13404-0-33672600-1411800436_thumb.j

Everybody gets them, the rich and the poor. There is also a monthly "child benefit" for every family who has kids, it's about 100€ a month for one child, 200€ for two and so on, and it's tax free money. It is also for both rich and poor. 100€ equals about 125 dollars a month. All this is still not "cheap" for us as we pay very high taxes here in Finland.

Very interesting, Nemea. Finland sounds like paradise. Do you know what the tax rate is for the highest earners? Say, people making more than U.S $200,000 per year?

It's pointless and impossible to actually quantify something like "the best country in the world". Unless you have been to EVERY country in the world and actually lived and worked in each one, it's rather condescending to even try.

100% agree. Strider.

Plus things, countries, policies, culture are ever changing.

Pointless thread in my opinion.

The world is my home. also the cosmos is my home.

Archived