"No Quarter" 1977 with NO piano?

This was the killer show of the four night run in Chicago. This is the soundboard I'd like to see emerge. I remember Jimmy Page breaking a string midway through his guitar solo during No Quarter, throwing up his hands in frustration and them re-arranging the whole damn solo! It was brilliant.

So true, I was at that show and I remember it well, however since I was so young (9 yrs old) I remember the overall playing quality and show rather than individual songs with a few exceptions.

I heard that aud source of the Easter concert and for me it is un-listenable. The quality is so poor that to my ears the only thing this source shows is that the band played, nothing more. Just horrible which is unfortunate because this performance was stellar, everyone was great and Page came back with a purpose after the previous show.

What's interesting is the 1977 TUFs. The only tour where I enjoy TUF live. Unfortunately we don't have any good 1977 soundboards with that song (sorry 5/21 & 4/27 don't count). There is no way for us to figure out when it was performed as they changed the setlist around.

Likely they performed it on:

4/01/77

4/07/77

4/12/77

4/13/77

4/15/77

4/17/77

4/19/77 ?

4/25/77 ?

5/19/77 Pictures on this site show that they performed it

5/31/77 ?

Based on the ten or so minutes of silent Baton Rouge 8mm film we've got it looks like they did "Rock And Roll" after "Stairway" and that's it, no "Trampled Under Foot" (you never see Jones sitting at the keyboards after "Stairway"). I don't think they performed "Trampled" as a second encore in Louisville either, I think they just wanted to get the hell outta there :lol:

I can't be bothered to go and check my Concert File book at the moment but I'm sure Dave Lewis has some of those dates listed as including "Trampled Under Foot", second encore (I think he says "Black Dog" was second encore in Dallas.) They most likely did play TUF both nights in Cincinatti.

Since it was obviously a favourite of the band's to play, they probably did perform "Trampled Under Foot" more often than not -though oddly, none of the New York shows- in 1977, we're just unfortunately missing the actual audio/video evidence to prove it.

• 5 weeks later...

Based on the ten or so minutes of silent Baton Rouge 8mm film we've got it looks like they did "Rock And Roll" after "Stairway" and that's it, no "Trampled Under Foot" (you never see Jones sitting at the keyboards after "Stairway"). I don't think they performed "Trampled" as a second encore in Louisville either, I think they just wanted to get the hell outta there :lol:

What about this? http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/18128-baton-rouge-la-lsu-assembly-center-may-19-1977/#entry597804

Archived