Robert Plant - Mohegan Sun Arena show

I had posted a week or so ago looking for advice on selling tickets to a couple of shows that I had bought tickets for but am unfortunately unable to go to as my wife recently had surgery. I sold a pair of tickets for the Brooklyn show to a friend of a friend but still have 2 tickets to the Mohegan Sun show in 2 days (on 7/24). I tried selling on Ebay at under face value as well as StubHub and CraigsList but all to no avail thus far. I paid a bit over $120 with all of the fees but will take the best or quickest offer. At this point the tickets are completely going to waste so I'd love to see a fellow fan get to the show rather than have two empty seats. They are in section 118, row C and they are e-tickets. Please email me if interested at bjpack1 at gmail dot com. I understand any hesitation to buy e-tickets from a stranger so I can only assure you that these are real and I truly wish I was going with my wife as intended and not selling them.

I wish I could go,I would pay you double!!!!!

I'd pay me double too if I could go!! I'm amazed that I can't even give these tickets away. Music fans have such short term memories and unless you're a guy like Springsteen that does everything with a giant exclamation point, guys like Plant just fall out of the public consciousness so easily. I have many friends that like Zeppelin and good music and none had any interest in going. I hear a lot of "Ah, he's still around?" and "Sounds interesting but.." but no real interest. It boggles my mind.

I'd pay me double too if I could go!! I'm amazed that I can't even give these tickets away. Music fans have such short term memories and unless you're a guy like Springsteen that does everything with a giant exclamation point, guys like Plant just fall out of the public consciousness so easily. I have many friends that like Zeppelin and good music and none had any interest in going. I hear a lot of "Ah, he's still around?" and "Sounds interesting but.." but no real interest. It boggles my mind.

wow,what is wrong with them!!!!!!!!

A FANTASTIC SHOW last night by Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters!!! It might have been my favourite of the three I have seen on this tour...the Golden God was really in fine voice and feeling loosey-goosey. Three new additions to the setlist from the previous concerts I saw in Houston and LA:

1. FOUR STICKS

2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

3. SHINE IT ALL AROUND

I'm still on vacation so I don't know when I'll get a chance to write an in-depth review, but to the OP above, there was a guy out front who was trying to sell his front row seat for $50 and having a hard time finding any takers. :blink:

The Mohegan Sun arena holds around 10,000 or so...by far the largest venue I have seen him on this tour(Houston was around 3,000-4,000 and LA was 6,000). It wasn't close to being sold out. The floor and lower level was mostly full but the upper deck had plenty of seats.

But that's okay...Robert was having fun. We were having fun. Those who didn't go missed out on a great show.

Boston is in for a treat tonight.

A FANTASTIC SHOW last night by Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters!!! It might have been my favourite of the three I have seen on this tour...the Golden God was really in fine voice and feeling loosey-goosey. Three new additions to the setlist from the previous concerts I saw in Houston and LA:1. FOUR STICKS2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS3. SHINE IT ALL AROUNDI'm still on vacation so I don't know when I'll get a chance to write an in-depth review, but to the OP above, there was a guy out front who was trying to sell his front row seat for $50 and having a hard time finding any takers. :blink:The Mohegan Sun arena holds around 10,000 or so...by far the largest venue I have seen him on this tour(Houston was around 3,000-4,000 and LA was 6,000). It wasn't close to being sold out. The floor and lower level was mostly full but the upper deck had plenty of seats.But that's okay...Robert was having fun. We were having fun. Those who didn't go missed out on a great show.Boston is in for a treat tonight.

When The Levee Breaks...AWESOME! I hope he also does it at the Royal Albert Hall! Thanks as always Strider for this preview!

A FANTASTIC SHOW last night by Robert and the Sensational Space Shifters!!! It might have been my favourite of the three I have seen on this tour...the Golden God was really in fine voice and feeling loosey-goosey. Three new additions to the setlist from the previous concerts I saw in Houston and LA:

1. FOUR STICKS

2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

3. SHINE IT ALL AROUND

I'm still on vacation so I don't know when I'll get a chance to write an in-depth review, but to the OP above, there was a guy out front who was trying to sell his front row seat for $50 and having a hard time finding any takers. :blink:

The Mohegan Sun arena holds around 10,000 or so...by far the largest venue I have seen him on this tour(Houston was around 3,000-4,000 and LA was 6,000). It wasn't close to being sold out. The floor and lower level was mostly full but the upper deck had plenty of seats.

But that's okay...Robert was having fun. We were having fun. Those who didn't go missed out on a great show.

1. FOUR STICKS

2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

3. SHINE IT ALL AROUND

I dont see how this show could not be sold out,and here is me wanting to go so bad

1. FOUR STICKS

2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

3. SHINE IT ALL AROUND

Well Strider, you were right as you told me yesterday they were going to do Four Sticks. That's awesome. Glad you saw a great show.

I'm looking forward to Brooklyn on Saturday night. Hope it's a great one, being the last show of the USA jaunt.

bad job by conn. fans. only about 5,000 or so there . seats around 10,000. you probably could have picked up a seat for 5 or ten bucks. funny but it seems Plant has most trouble selling tix in the New York area. saw him 2 Yrs ago in NJ with the Band Of Joy in Atlantic City, and only about 2,000 were in there, whole back section empty. He has been selling out most venues around country, although most of those venues are between 3,ooo- 4,000. I don't believe believe RP can sell 10,000 tix anymore as a solo artist. The Brooklyn venue can hold about 7,000, will be interesting to see if he can come close to selling out. I am going so I will report.

bad job by conn. fans. only about 5,000 or so there . seats around 10,000. you probably could have picked up a seat for 5 or ten bucks. funny but it seems Plant has most trouble selling tix in the New York area. saw him 2 Yrs ago in NJ with the Band Of Joy in Atlantic City, and only about 2,000 were in there, whole back section empty. He has been selling out most venues around country, although most of those venues are between 3,ooo- 4,000. I don't believe believe RP can sell 10,000 tix anymore as a solo artist. The Brooklyn venue can hold about 7,000, will be interesting to see if he can come close to selling out. I am going so I will report.

That's kind of surprising. I was checking Ticketmaster earlier and there are tix still available. It's just general admission ones that are available as it seems the reserved seating seems to be sold out.

That's kind of surprising. I was checking Ticketmaster earlier and there are tix still available. It's just general admission ones that are available as it seems the reserved seating seems to be sold out.

That guy was off a little in his estimate...there were quite a bit more than 5,000 at the Mohegan Sun show. No, it was far from sold out but there was still a sizable crowd of about 7,000. If those Brooklyn general admission tix are for the area in front of the stage you should get them, Dave.

Here is the setliat for the July 24 Mohegan Sun Arena, Uncasville, CT concert:

1. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (best version yet I've seen on this tour)

2. In the Mood

3. Tin Pan Valley

4. Spoonful

5. Black Dog

6. Another Tribe

7. Going to California

8. The Enchanter

9. Four Sticks!!!(YES...FINALLY!!!)

10. Friends

11. Funny In My Mind(Fixin' to Die)

12. When the Levee Breaks(Woot! Woot!)

13. Whole Lotta Love incl. Who Do You Love?

Encore:

14. Shine It All Around(a total surprise)

15. Rock and Roll

Some photos of the night...

post-1470-0-00624400-1374821203_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-44904600-1374821374_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-17709200-1374821479_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-90431700-1374821566_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-03196800-1374821658_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-56006500-1374822517_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-26198000-1374822575_thumb.jp

I was there Wednesday night and I was surprised to see so many empty seats in the uppers too. What really ticked me off was seeing so many get up and leave as soon as WLL was over and not stay for the encore. Person sitting next to me kept calling for Stairway and must've gotten up for another beer 5 or 6 times. Come on!!!! My wife and I had an amazing time and loved the show. His love, passion and talent for singing/performing was obvious all 2 hrs of the show!

That guy was off a little in his estimate...there were quite a bit more than 5,000 at the Mohegan Sun show. No, it was far from sold out but there was still a sizable crowd of about 7,000. If those Brooklyn general admission tix are for the area in front of the stage you should get them, Dave.

2. In the Mood

3. Tin Pan Valley

4. Spoonful

5. Black Dog

6. Another Tribe

7. Going to California

8. The Enchanter

10. Friends

Encore:

15. Rock and Roll

attachicon.gifIMG_0953.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_223627.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_202725.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_221441.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222653.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222643.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222849.jpg

Thanks for the set list Strider. I had a feeling the place was a bit more full than that guy here said. The GA seats for Brooklyn aren't up front, but behind the reserved seating. My seat is in the reserved area on the left, about 12 rows back. Pretty happy with it except for the fees I had to pay through Stub Hub. It'll be worth it! Should be a great show tomorrow night.

Check out my thread I started for the Brooklyn show.

2. In the Mood

3. Tin Pan Valley

4. Spoonful

5. Black Dog

6. Another Tribe

7. Going to California

8. The Enchanter

10. Friends

Encore:

15. Rock and Roll

attachicon.gifIMG_0953.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_223627.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_202725.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_221441.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222653.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222643.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130724_222849.jpg

Is that you dave,nice pic!!!

I was there Wednesday night and I was surprised to see so many empty seats in the uppers too. What really ticked me off was seeing so many get up and leave as soon as WLL was over and not stay for the encore. Person sitting next to me kept calling for Stairway and must've gotten up for another beer 5 or 6 times. Come on!!!! My wife and I had an amazing time and loved the show. His love, passion and talent for singing/performing was obvious all 2 hrs of the show!

You should have slapped the guy,Stairway is the last song he would probaly sing

You should have slapped the guy,Stairway is the last song he would probaly sing

Without getting into a discussion during the show with the guy I just told him that Robert doesn't play Stairway. The guy was shocked, said something about how could Plant not play his best song. I said Kashmir was their greatest song and, ready for this?? The guy said to me.."Which song is Kashmir?" Yeah!

Without getting into a discussion during the show with the guy I just told him that Robert doesn't play Stairway. The guy was shocked, said something about how could Plant not play his best song. I said Kashmir was their greatest song and, ready for this?? The guy said to me.."Which song is Kashmir?" Yeah!

Oh dear God,that is to funny!!!! he must have thought they were one of those one hit wonder bands!! LOL

1. FOUR STICKS

2. WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS

3. SHINE IT ALL AROUND

Sounds like a great show and happy for those that were able to make it. Still amazed that I couldn't even give my tickets away. I hope my two empty seats enjoyed the show.

Archived