Your Live Led Zeppelin Wishlist!

Sue Dounim

I hope EVSD's next '77 SBD release is 1977/06/08. Considering what the aud tape is like, this show needs an upgrade like King Kong needs a woman. I'm convinced there's an amazing show underneath all that mud, and I bet it'll yield an awesome version of Kashmir, considering whenever they messed that song up, they always made up for it the next night. EVSD could even pack it with 06/07 and label it 'Double Shot II'.

Based on the second audience source -despite its numerous cuts- it is a good show, and as I recall they didn't fuck up "Kashmir".

But, yeah, considering 8/6/77, 10/4/77 and 23/4/77 are probably the worst '77 audience recordings, soundboards for any of those three shows would be nice...

• 2 weeks later...

An addition to my wish list would be a complete soundboard of 1973/04/01.

believe it or not, (fwiw, very little), I have heard rumors that it is out there. That is paris, right? I even heard a rumor that it was professionally recorded (audio). If I remember where I heard/read this and it is a valid source, I will post it. But for now, take it for what it is... speculations and "I head/I read that somebody hear/read that...". I find rumors interesting. Remember when rumors of Southampton audio were about? That turned out to be true.

believe it or not, (fwiw, very little), I have heard rumors that it is out there. That is paris, right? I even heard a rumor that it was professionally recorded (audio). If I remember where I heard/read this and it is a valid source, I will post it. But for now, take it for what it is... speculations and "I head/I read that somebody hear/read that...". I find rumors interesting. Remember when rumors of Southampton audio were about? That turned out to be true.

It's when rumours are spread that turn out to be bullshit, spread by people who know the rumour is bullshit from the get go...those are the ones ya gotta watch out for...

In the interest of full disclosure, just in the past couple weeks or so I have been privately jerked around by a collector who was (I think) deliberately trying to wind me up (I believe I have mentioned this to some of you -Sue, Walter, Listen To This, a couple others- in private messages) and actually thought they could screw me out of some hard earned cash :lol: It's all water under the bridge now, but if anything the incident has made me even more jaded, cynical and suspicious than I was before...I'd've sworn that was utterly impossible, but so it goes...:lol:

** really want

*** really really want

**** gotta have it

***** would consider the value of someone's life for this

My wish list is:

Anything at all from 1968. Anything.*****

Any other pro film that may exist from 1969.

The missing portions 1970/01/09

A complete 1970/03/21

Any type of professional recording of 1970/06/28.***

Any legitimate soundboards or multitracks of the Japan '71 tour*****

1972/06/19 SBD*****

1973/05/04

1973/06/03 SBD

The rest of 1973/07/27**********************************

1975/03/21 SBD*****

All Inglewood '75 SBDs****

The complete pro film and soundboard of 1975/05/23***

Everything of 1977/04/30. EVERYTHING.*****

.1977/05/31***

Soundboards for the rest of NYC '77*****

1977/06/22 SBD*****

1977/06/26 SBD *****

alternate aud recording of 1977/06/27 to fill the gaps

Lowest-possible generation tapes of the pro-film and the legitimate SBD of 1977/07/17***

The first part of 1977/07/20.

Soundboards of one/both Oakland 1977 dates.

1980/06/26 SBD

1980/07/05 SBD***

Pretty much sums up my list here ^

I'm a CHALMATION-ST.BERNARD for 42yrs.til KATRINA sent me west to Lafayette!!! Lost my whole ZEP-COLLECTION & That's what I've been doing the last 8yrs.If I can help you out with anything Zep let me know!!!

How's your ZEP-COLLECTION??? DO you no of any other's from our area who are Zep Collectors?

My name is Johnny Stritz 337-281-6045 and i'm looking for the local ZEP-COMMUNITY here in LA.

Also from Chalmette. Grew up on Charles Dr between St Marks and Jeanfrau's.

Also from Chalmette. Grew up on Charles Dr between St Marks and Jeanfrau's.

Did you perchance ever know or meet a New Orleans area concert taper named Arthur Parr, aka "Freezer", at some point? (He died last June.) Freezer taped Zeppelin four times: New Orleans 1971 and 1973 and Baton Rouge 1975 and 1977. His 1973 and 1975 recordings have been extensively bootlegged; the '71 and '77 recordings do not circulate.

Did you perchance ever know or meet a New Orleans area concert taper named Arthur Parr, aka "Freezer", at some point? (He died last June.) Freezer taped Zeppelin four times: New Orleans 1971 and 1973 and Baton Rouge 1975 and 1977. His 1973 and 1975 recordings have been extensively bootlegged; the '71 and '77 recordings do not circulate.

Nope, never knew him or met him. He was considerably older than me judging from his obit.

Hmmm...let's see...how do I count the ways?

-Pontiac Silverdome 4/30/77 vdeo

-Seattle Pop Festival Soundboard - 7/27/69

-Bath Festival - Film or Multitrack audio

-Japan '71 Multitracks

-Houston Summit 5/21/77 video

-Video of Jason Bonham wedding reunion 1990

-Multitrack, etc. from any Return to the Clubs 71 Show

-Multitrack audio from Earls Court 5/23/75

-ANY additional footage filmed for The Song Remains the Same 7/73 (Even including Shepperton!)

-Multitrack audio for all three NYC MSG 7/73 shows

-Any recording from any Scandinavia 68 Show

-Any leftover multitrack audio from L.A. & Long Beach 6/72

-Carnegie Hall, NYC 10/17/69 any form

-Montreux 8/71 soundboard

-Los Angeles 6/23/77 soundboard

-Any recording of Baton Rouge 5/19/77

-Any recording of New Orleans 8/29/71

-More Royal Albert Hall 1/9/70 leftovers - audio or video

-Video Screen footage of Atlanta 5/4/73

-More Beat Club 1969 footage

-Any recording of St. Helier, Jersey, UK 12/10/75

-Any recording of Rhode Island 10/31/69

-Los Angeles 6/3/73 Soundboard

-Any Bill Graham film from Fillmores/Winterland '69

Nice list, good call on the Jason wedding footage...I wonder what the set list was. I've always pictured "Ten Years Gone" as a great wedding song...I want it played at mine!

As far as sound quality goes, I would be hoping for either an official release, a sbd, or a Millard-quality audience tape. If it's an official release I would want there to be minimal to no editing, and would like the Plantations to be completely unedited.

The shows at the top of my list for such sound quality would be, in chronological order:

1/26/70 Boston (Full show if in fact 4 hrs long)

9/4/70 L.A.

9/19/70 N.Y. (Evening Show)

6/14/72 Uniondale (Another rumored 4 hr show)

6/19/72 Seattle

7/21/73 Providence

3/12/75 Long Beach

3/21/75 Seattle

3/27/75 L.A. (Good recording already, maybe video exists?)

4/30/77 Pontiac (video)

6/13/77 N.Y.

6/14/77 N.Y. (Complete show)

6/22/77 L.A.

6/26/77 L.A.

If Millard recordings exist for 6/22 & 6/26 L.A. '77 that would be a dream come true.

Obviously any unreleased show is a treat no matter the sound quality...I would be especially fond of new shows from '75 & '77.

I haven't heard enough shows from '69 & '71 to comment there.

Nice list, good call on the Jason wedding footage...I wonder what the set list was. I've always pictured "Ten Years Gone" as a great wedding song...I want it played at mine!

The set list is known. I think TU and MMH were among the four or five played. Can't remember the rest.

Listen to this version and tell me what you think. One of the best versions of WWL that I ever heard.

Indeed one of the best medley versions of WLL. For non-medley I'd recommend 7/7/80 Berlin at about 18 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived