Robert Plant-Sat. July 27 at Brooklyn's Prospect Park

Karac would be 36 years old. I hope Robert holds up well for the show. He is a professional so he will carry on even with a very heavy heart.

Even though, it's been 36 years....that's irrelevant as that was one of his own and losing one that way at such a young age is something no one wants to experience. There are a few references he has made to the remembrance of Karac in songs. Most notably "All My Love" and "I Believe". May be others as well. Both quite touching. Just can't forget a personal loss like that. :smiley_pray::console: I'm sure he'll put on a great show tomorrow. Such a pro! :yourock: Robert!

Getting psyched for this! The weather forecast looks PERFECT for this show! Having attended a few shows at the Prospect Bandshell, this will simply be amazing to see Robert in this venue. Can't wait!

Getting psyched for this! The weather forecast looks PERFECT for this show! Having attended a few shows at the Prospect Bandshell, this will simply be amazing to see Robert in this venue. Can't wait!

Will be a great show. Gonna leave in just a few hours now for it. Taking the F line there from Manhattan.

Same setlist as most of the tour. No surprises. Was hoping he would Big Log which he did the other night. No go. Still had a blast and Prospect Park is a great place to see a show.

WHAT a show! Open with "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", then perhaps the best version of "In The Mood" EVER.

Great terrific and especially enjoyed "Friends" and "Four Sticks".

Robert in BROOKLYN! Loved it!

After the show, got a chance to meet up with SuperDave, MiddleZep, and FrontRowDave. Glad to hang out and meet you guys! Thanks and look forward to seeing you again soon!

WHAT a show! Open with "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", then perhaps the best version of "In The Mood" EVER.

After the show, got a chance to meet up with SuperDave, MiddleZep, and FrontRowDave. Glad to hang out and meet you guys! Thanks and look forward to seeing you again soon!

It was indeed a great night and show from an incredible band. Being about 30 feet from the stage made the experience that much better. So glad the weather cooperated as it couldn't have been better for an outdoor show. Prospect Park is a fantastic place to see a concert.

Will post more, regarding the show later today. Bit late now!

A HUGE THANKS to Dave!! Thanks for calling me and letting me be part of the night!! :notworthy: I know he is having a great time right now:-)

Friendships here...PRICELESS!!! :peace:

The least I can do Deborah as you asked for it and fulfilled my promise! So glad you enjoyed the three songs and was able to make you a part of this show! :stereo::elvis2: You're one of the best here!!! :toast::yourock:

It was indeed a great night and show from an incredible band. Being about 30 feet from the stage made the experience that much better. So glad the weather cooperated as it couldn't have been better for an outdoor show. Prospect Park is a fantastic place to see a concert.

Will post more, regarding the show later today. Bit late now!

I was there too. Center, second row. But as you may have noticed, a lot of people from the back came up front (kind of annoying). It was a nice venue for the concert. I think two lucky people actually got copies of the setlist. It was definitely an enjoyable experience (except I didn't take any pictures or videos).

The least I can do Deborah as you asked for it and fulfilled my promise! So glad you enjoyed the three songs and was able to make you a part of this show! :stereo::elvis2: You're one of the best here!!! :toast::yourock:

THANK YOU Dave! I just smiled through all 3 songs:-) How great that a few you were able to get together and meet. :peace:

It was a great show last night and glad that starting this thread that a few of us were able to meet. Those being Middlezep, Tony V and Front Row Dave.

Prospect Park is a great venue and such a good place to see a show. Even better, being an outdoor venue and having a perfect night weather wise. Could not have been any better. Coming by train it was fairly easy to get to from Manhattan. Driving there can be a bit of a pain as some found out last night.

Entrance to the Bandshell is just after the entrance to the park and I think that is quite conveniently set up that way. There were plenty of ushers to help you find your seats etc., so I think this venue is quite organized. There are two sections of seating being reserved seats in the front and the general admission lawn seating behind it. Lot of concessions to the left and right of the stage and on the perimeter of the lawn area. The lawn area was great area to hang out before the show, grab a beer and talk with some of the other Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin fans here. Quite a range in ages at the show from teens to much older. Robert attracts quite a variety in age range. The only problem at the show, being that the lines for the porto johns were quite long, other than that, no real complaints.

Didn't see much of the opening act Phosphorescent as I was hanging out with others on the lawn near the beverage kiosks. They were pretty good, but wasn't blown away by them.

Robert's set was pretty much standard as for much of this tour with the opener "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", which got the crowd in quite an upbeat mood from the start. This one really rocked. Being that my seats were about 30 feet from the stage and had the left wall of amps just in front of me, made it that much better. "In The Mood" was next and the crowd was into this as well. More concise than his 80's live versions and certainly one of the best versions I've heard.

Not going to go through the entire set list, but some of the other highlights were Fixin' To Die, Four Sticks, Friends, WIAWSNB and Rock and Roll. The latter done a bit different than the standard Zep version but I like it quite a bit. The only change in the set list from most nights was the addition of Satan You Kingdom Must Fall. Robert was performing that earlier in the tour, but recently not much.

Robert and the SSS were in great form and he his band and the crowd were really into the show. One of my all time favorite Robert Plant shows with that being my fifteenth. A great night and was fun hanging out a bit with a few of the forum members after the show there. Would be fun to have more get togethers like this in the future. Loved the scene and vibe of the show and must return to Prospect Park for another show.

Archived