Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Black-Dog

Jimmy Page At Unicef Act Now Kosovo Charity Fundraiser?

Found this picture on facebook, maybe someone can tell something more about this. Maybe there is some audio-footage?

When did Jimmy play there?

306324_454896931197716_1245312675_n.jpg

This is taken from the On this Day journal entry:

"I performed at the Unicef Kosovo Appeal in London"

"When the troubles in Kosovo finally subsided there was a hasty fundraiser put together at the banqueting halls in Whitehall. I'd been asked to play this event and I played it with my group at the time: Michael Lee on drums and Guy Pratt on bass. I played an instrumental version of 'Dazed and Confused' and I was told people got the idea of the movements being like a classical piece. It must have been quite spirited as apparently it registered on the highly sophisticated sensor equipment at the Ministry of Defence".

"This sound source is taken from a rehearsal with the band".

https://soundcloud.com/jimmypage/dazed-and-confused/s-Z1dyx

I listened to the other tracks on the page as well as D&C. "My Baby Left Me" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" are both great. "I'm Gonna Crawl" is one of Zep's most underrated songs. I don't know why because it is so beautiful. It has one of my favorite Page riffs and Robert's vocals are fabulous. I just don't understand why people don't like it. Back on topic: D&C was quite wonderful. I did miss the rest of the band, though.