True Blood "In The Evening" SPOILER ALERT!

Wolfman

Tonight's True Blood episode is called "In The Evening". In the closing moments, Eric is holding a dying Nora in his arms when you start to hears strains of Page's bow solo in the beginning of ITE. He looks up at Bill right when the song kicks in and ITE is played during the credits. I dorked out and start doing my Page strut. I loved it!!! :wizard:

Tonight's True Blood episode is called "In The Evening". In the closing moments, Eric is holding a dying Nora in his arms when you start to hears strains of Page's bow solo in the beginning of ITE. He looks up at Bill right when the song kicks in and ITE is played during the credits. I dorked out and start doing my Page strut. I loved it!!! :wizard:

Make that two, compadre. B)

I thought Led Zeppelin rarely allowed their music to be used in film and television. School of Rock and Almost Famous were rare exceptions. Has this changed?

In recent years, yes. "Kashmir" and "Since" (the studio versions) were included in Revolution last year as a tie-in promotion to Celebration Day.

I thought Led Zeppelin rarely allowed their music to be used in film and television. School of Rock and Almost Famous were rare exceptions. Has this changed?

Not if you've got 6 (or is it 7) figures...

Double Crap! Now I will have to watch that too! I liked how What is and What Should Never Be was used in Silver Linings Playbook. I mean I get it, but if they start using the music in commercials, that just might kill the song for me. Then again...I do not watch commercials any more.

"Black Dog" was the Chevy commercial-song for years.

EDIT: Yes, I'm stupid. Thanks for stopping by.

Double Crap! Now I will have to watch that too! I liked how What is and What Should Never Be was used in Silver Linings Playbook. I mean I get it, but if they start using the music in commercials, that just might kill the song for me. Then again...I do not watch commercials any more.

If you like they way they fit the song in Silver Linings, you will probably like Ramble On in Oblivion. I think both were done very tastefully and added meaning to the scenes. I had read where SLP director felt What is.. was the perfect musical sequence for the bi-polar scene with the soft and loud parts in sync with the screen, and you will see what I mean about Oblivion.

I don't recall ever seeing a Black Dog Chevy commercial. I remember the Rock and Roll Cadillac went on for quite a while.

:bagoverhead:

...How did I mess that up? You're right, of course -- the song was "Rock and Roll," not "Black Dog." Durr.

I heard the strains of the song while I was watching and thought "how cool that they're evoking LZ here"- I thought it was music intended to sound like "In The Evening". Then the song kicked in. This capped off a tremendous weekend of Zeppelin after just having seen Robert at the Prospect Park show in Brooklyn the night before.

Totally cool!

I heard the strains of the song while I was watching and thought "how cool that they're evoking LZ here"- I thought it was music intended to sound like "In The Evening". Then the song kicked in. This capped off a tremendous weekend of Zeppelin after just having seen Robert at the Prospect Park show in Brooklyn the night before.

Totally cool!

I was there too so I felt the exact same way!!!

I was watching True Blood too it surprised the hell out of me I was so excited!!!! I was telling my kids about it with a grin from ear to ear, I know they tired of me ranting but o....welll!!!!!

What a double-whammy! Was hanging out with friends today and watching this episode with them...not only do I get to hear Led Zeppelin but an old pal of mine turns up as King Charles II! Way to go, Hal!!!

Led Zepp is still going strong for Films "American Hustle’ David O' Russel will be using GTBT

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/bradley-cooper-groovy-american-hustle-didn-t-come-192809870.html

Crap! And I have not watched TV for two weeks now.....but I am going to have to watch the end! I read somewhere that they were going to start allowing their music to be used more frequently, because they like the idea that their music will be introduced to a whole new generation this way. In my limited experience it is working. The friends of my 22 year old son recognize some of the music I'm playing when they come over. I would like them to be a little more discriminating....the project should be worthy.

Today it's Shrek and True Blood...

...tomorrow it's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7HkNSyZs4

:black_eye:

I found the use of In The Evening at the end of True Blood to be completely distracting from an emotional scene. I got totally involved in the music, not the visuals. An important character is dying in the arms of her 'brother' and all I can think about watching it is "ooh they're using Zep! Wow cool, fandrool here comes the drums and boom! Oh, she's dead. Ah well. Great tune!"

I found the use of In The Evening at the end of True Blood to be completely distracting from an emotional scene. I got totally involved in the music, not the visuals. An important character is dying in the arms of her 'brother' and all I can think about watching it is "ooh they're using Zep! Wow cool, fandrool here comes the drums and boom! Oh, she's dead. Ah well. Great tune!"

Just goes to show, thirty+ years on, Led Zeppelin is still more entertaining than television. :lol:

Too funny...but now I will need to resort to Tout's recovery method and watch some Care Bears to get that out of my head. :huh:

My apologies. :D

Just goes to show, thirty+ years on, Led Zeppelin is still more entertaining than television. :lol:

Agreed! And it's the same for any film or other medium that uses their music - totally distracting and, what's worse, slices through the cables which hold the suspension of disbelief.

Archived