Led Zeppelin = Best Band Ever

guitarmy

Best Band Ever  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Is Led Zeppelin the greatest band of all time?

• Yes
    • No
    • Time will tell
    • It's not possible to say because there are too many bands to compare. (ie bands CAN be compared, but the sheer number of bands prevents us from doing so)
    • It's not possible to say because you can't compare bands based on "greatness" in an objective manner.
    • It's not possible to say because different bands came up in different eras with different contexts and followings.
    • It's not possible because there are so many bands that were better that never "made it".
    • Impossible to tell because of some other reason I'll list below.

See; for what it's worth,I have no problem with this.It's an opinion,and I respect that.I may not agree with it entirely,but I respect it.

My issue is when people pass it off as a fact.So much trouble and bullshit drama would be avoided if people would just employ the use of three (or four) simple letters more often.

Since you did use those letters,I have no issue.B)

Music should bring us together...again this is IMHO :yesnod:

That's her opinion. It's no more valid than your opinion, my opinion, or anyone else's opinion. That's what I was talking about. We all have our opinions about what bands we like and which ones we don't, but that doesn't make them fact.

But it doesn't change the point that an 'outsider' (i.e not a die hard Zep fan) can take an objective look and come up with an answer just through observing.

She's watched enough footage of all the major bands to come to her conclusion that Zep were the best of the lot. :)

That's why I tire of threads/polls like this. They are impossible to quantify officially and all they do is breed trouble. Someone says Zep is the greatest thing since oxygen, someone else says "No, _________ is the best band ever", then we have argument after argument.

I don't think there is an argument. Just a bit of fun and a difference of opinion.

By the way, the only people who disagree about Zep being the best thing since oxygen are those with a screw loose. :P:D

But it doesn't change the point that an 'outsider' (i.e not a die hard Zep fan) can take an objective look and come up with an answer just through observing.

She's watched enough footage of all the major bands to come to her conclusion that Zep were the best of the lot. :)

I don't think there is an argument. Just a bit of fun and a difference of opinion.

By the way, the only people who disagree about Zep being the best thing since oxygen are those with a screw loose. :P:D

I find The Who, particularly live to be just as exciting and sometimes moreso than Led Zeppelin depending on my mood. Calling one band the greatest is too narrow of focus IMO.

I find The Who, particularly live to be just as exciting and sometimes moreso than Led Zeppelin depending on my mood.

I don't. Well I guess if you take a sloppy Zep performance vs a great Who performance you would have a point but both bands at their peak? Zeppelin above the Who. Far more diverse. Far more spontaneous and far liable to go somewhere weird and funky.

The Who were more rigid.

Calling one band the greatest is too narrow of focus IMO.

I disagree. In the same way Elvis is the greatest single artist to me.

• 1 month later...

IMO:

I truly think Led Zeppelin is the band of all bands. I know a lot of people (including myself) like other bands, but you just can't top Led Zep. If I ever have any kids, I sure do hope they listen to Led Zeppelin. If not then I will just have to tell them about Led Zeppelin.

top five greatest bands of ALL TIME meaning there will be no greater:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Led Zeppelin

4. Led Zeppelin

5. Led Zeppelin

just face it there will be no greater.

EDIT:

Roadiestar just go back to your hole.

LED ZEPPELIN

nugent is too small to be compared to the gods if you look real close for a long time you might barely be able to see a "T"

IMO:

I truly think Led Zeppelin is the band of all bands. I know a lot of people (including myself) like other bands, but you just can't top Led Zep. If I ever have any kids, I sure do hope they listen to Led Zeppelin. If not then I will just have to tell them about Led Zeppelin.

to be honest Led Zeppelin has ruined music for me. (and im happy about it)

i mean there is just nothing that sounds as awesome as the Zep does. i like other bands but Led Zeppelin is just undescribeable (spelling?)

• 1 month later...

Greatness can not be judged objectively.

But, subjectively, it is hard to beleive that anyone who has heard Zeppelin can not worship them, the very fact that even some one who has no idea of what led zeppelin is will recognize the name and that they are still featured in heavy metal magizines today shows how great they are. Also there are different definitions of 'Greatness'. If you had to choose the band that influenced rock the most then you'd have to say the Beatles but look at any 'greatest Rockbands' list or whatever then you'll see the Zeppelin is somewhere high up. In my opinion they are Gods.

That's her opinion. It's no more valid than your opinion, my opinion, or anyone else's opinion. That's what I was talking about. We all have our opinions about what bands we like and which ones we don't, but that doesn't make them fact.

That's why I tire of threads/polls like this. They are impossible to quantify officially and all they do is breed trouble. Someone says Zep is the greatest thing since oxygen, someone else says "No, _________ is the best band ever", then we have argument after argument.

Hi All,

Better to have a hundred arguments that to read about "whats the weather like where you are" every single day or some of the other topics designed to just up your total post count ah?

Some of us like an argument to get things off our chest, its a "Boy" thing designed to stop us Neanderthals coming to blows every time we disagree, just as its a "Girl" thing to small talk and drool over endless pictures of Robert thrusting his bits in to your face, now do you want to argue about it or drool over some pictures or even tell us its raining? :lol:

Regards, Danny

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy to answer to subjectively. Yes.

Impossible to answer objectively. You can't measure art. Sure you can talk about sales, concert attendance, etc, but any other artistic-related comparison is invalid due to the inherently subjective nature of art.

• 3 weeks later...

I always tell People The Beatles,Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones are the greatest bands ever but then I wanna add Pink Floyd,Metallica, The Doors,Velvet Underground and Guns N Roses in there and I realize there are many greatest bands and Zep is one of em

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would say that one could definitely consider them the best band ever. There are very simple reasons behind this, those being that Led Zeppelin never released a bad album or song (in my opinion at least), as I think all of their albums and all of their songs in general all have strong points about them and I honestly can't find anything that they have released that I at least don't enjoy, in other words there isn't a song by them that I can say that I dislike. I think that that in general is enough to give them the title "Best band ever" simply because I don't believe that they released anything that wasn't good.

If you believe Led Zeppelin is the best rock band ever, then it's true -- but only for you. You could believe the same thing about the Jonas Brothers. The cold hard truth is, if you ask a randomly selected group who they think is the best all-time rock band, the Beatles will win hands down. Here is a link to exactly such a poll pitting Zep and the Beatles head-to-head. As you can see (Match 98), it's not even close.

http://beneaththebridge.blogspot.com

(btw, this poll is open to the public, so if you hear the piper calling you to enlighten the masses, go for it..)

Archived