Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cookie0024

BBC - Why Won't Robert Plant Reform Led Zeppelin?

Sabbath just released their first number one record in June 2013, how great would it be for them to give their fans what they want, and reform and release a new Zeppelin album?

There's something else, something big that is unsaid between the three surviving guys. We can only speculate what that is, but that is why Zep will never fly again.

They have John Bonham's son to fill in.

There's something else, something big that is unsaid between the three surviving guys. We can only speculate what that is, but that is why Zep will never fly again.

They will not reunite as Led Zeppelin. There has been much discussion on this topic all over the forum. Check it out.

The last decent album the Stones did was Tattoo You in 81', after that it all sucks and sucked bad IMO. They are nothing but an overblown Vegas lounge act now, and a bad one at that.

Zeppelin will never reform because Robert has integrity and knows Zeppelin was the four, not the three. Plus, I think Robert and Jimmy are way too different as people. Even if Bonham would have lived and both he and Page had sobered up and the band returned to form I think Robert would have called it quits by 82' or 83' at the latest. He wanted to do his own thing and he no longer needed Jimmy. I think in Robert's mind Jimmy is like the older woman who seduced him and mentored him, however the affair is over and every time he gets the itch for another shag its one and done. Kinda like you get to a point where you romanticize the whole thing and then when you spend some time with the person again you think, oh yeah, now I know why I left the slag. Not saying Jimmy is a slag just saying Robert probably is way beyond that point in his life. Jimmy needs to move on, he has so much to offer on his own path, I just wish he would realize that before its too late.

We should all be VERY thankful, they gave us one last show and it was one hell of a good show! We got our one cookie and it tasted awesome, if we ate fifty more they would be just another cookie.

Edited by Sagittarius Rising

Bollocks, for a guy who didn’t need Jimmy, he sure didn’t mind asking Jimmy to join him on The Honey Drippers, or Jimmy join in on Now and Zen, and when Jimmy released the best solo album of all the Zeppelin guys with Coverdale Page, Robert sure didn’t waste any time getting back together with Jimmy.

Can you imagine if Robert said yes to a reunion and went all la Queen style, Led Zeppelin the musical, some very ropey new material (Queens very crappy "Celebrity" song??) etc...etc...

I'd like to see a RP (proper) Blues album of which he can refer to as his influences, I'm not sure about his shows which are mostly Zep songs, yet not playing with that band seems to be an issue with him. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Doing Zeppelin songs (most of which he wrote the lyrics for) and reforming a band that no longer exists, are two different things entirely.

Just enjoy the music they gave us.