What Are You Most Proud Of

Charles J. White

of course my 3 kids :)

i'm also proud of the fact that i raised them all pretty much on my own, except for the last 3 years that my hubby has lived with us. he has had a very positive effect on all of us :)

and i am proud of the fact that even though i don't have very much in the way of money or material possessions, i have never been given anything like a car or cash, and i don't owe anyone a cent, i've always been employed and paid for everything i've needed for the kids and myself :)

Motivation and to follow through are important – congrats!

of course my 3 kids :)

i'm also proud of the fact that i raised them all pretty much on my own, except for the last 3 years that my hubby has lived with us. he has had a very positive effect on all of us :)

and i am proud of the fact that even though i don't have very much in the way of money or material possessions, i have never been given anything like a car or cash, and i don't owe anyone a cent, i've always been employed and paid for everything i've needed for the kids and myself :)

That I have never done the Macarena, the Electric Slide or the Cupid Shuffle.

I've always said this is something I'll be able to proudly tell my grandkids some day.

Don't forget the Cha-Cha slide!

I'm incredibly proud of having raised 3 kids who are smart, kind, and wonderful people.

for being a 100% real redhead.

Same here. :^)

I never had any kids (:^() but I am proud that I've earned everything I own.

Not proud that I quit high school but 27 years later at Chabot Community College I averaged almost a 4.0 GPA there.

Proud that I've never been in jail. :^)

for being a 100% real redhead (and Jessica, I think I can beat you on your nail polish collection :P )

Same here, 100% real McCoy readhead back in the day.

You and Jessica got me on the nail polish...

for being a 100% real redhead (and Jessica, I think I can beat you on your nail polish collection :P )

I've only been a redhead for about 7-8 years and I have to dye my hair every 5 weeks because of my brown roots and just wait until I show you my nail polish collection

For some reason I've always had issues with the word proud, pride, according to what I've read it probably derives from one's self esteem, although what's the barrier between modesty and low self-esteem it'd probably be hard to define. Then there's the expression "rest on one laurels", which I believe describes people who have been too proud of an achievement, for too long, not realizing the moment they were overtaken by more younger or zealous rivals.

Of course I'm proud of several achievements, but this is not the place to discuss them, I believe, I also think I'm proud of different things at different points of my life, in the mid nineties I was proud of meeting governors and C.E.O.s and Craig Barrett at some point, pride must be an ephemeral emotion.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm proud of my 3 children, my Relationship with them,the values of respect and honesty me and my husband taught them, my mariage and the fact that i started to study again at the age of 40. But all of this is possible thanks to my parents and thanks to God.

Archived