Robert Plant to join Twitter and answer fan questions

Cookie0024

I've just been reading through questions that were submitted, and ... wow. I'm actually going to be shocked if he can choose 10 questions worth answering. There weren't near as many as I assumed there would be about Led Zeppelin...but there were A LOT asking him to do various "services" on them. Several questions about his hair, his jeans, lemons...

Not really surprised

Lemons though? :hysterical:

There is a few questions I would like to ask however problem is that I hate Twitter....can't for the life of me figure out how it works (I have had 2 accounts with it and managed to fluff them up)

I have not quite tackled twitter myself,now it says he is giving us a extra day,maybe he cannot get it either!!

^click on #AskRP (or type it in the search), then you'll see the questions (popping up at about 2 or 3 per minute, it's crazy... he won't even have time to read everything)

It's a social media company that is running this. They will be using a program to track the hashtag and store all tweets somewhere. They can look through and pick out the most interesting ones to go to Robert. He almost definitely won't be tweeting the answers himself.

I'm still figuring they did an extra day in the attempts to get ten that are even worth answering. I wish someone would just ask the obvious as to why he's suddenly jumping on social media in the first place? There has to be something being promoted or whatever otherwise this is a lot of work just to see that most of the people who will actually tweet questions are complete morons

I'm still figuring they did an extra day in the attempts to get ten that are even worth answering. I wish someone would just ask the obvious as to why he's suddenly jumping on social media in the first place? There has to be something being promoted or whatever otherwise this is a lot of work just to see that most of the people who will actually tweet questions are complete morons

I doubt that the extra day is there to get better questions. I heard Robert is in the UK, so presumably they're waiting to get him in the office to give him the questions.

The obvious answer to the obvious question is that Robert's management have finally pulled their finger out and hired a social media marketing company to generate interest and build an online audience ahead of an album release. His Twitter page is incredibly professional, they've invested a lot of money in getting it right. The only reason for that would be new material. The fact that he is releasing a free live download is a further clue. Robert Plant is releasing music, and Twitter is the place to find it.

It's a social media company that is running this. They will be using a program to track the hashtag and store all tweets somewhere. They can look through and pick out the most interesting ones to go to Robert. He almost definitely won't be tweeting the answers himself.

a lot of famous people do their own tweets,wish he would

a lot of famous people do their own tweets,wish he would

From a marketing point of view, it's a bad idea for a musician to write their own tweets. The only good point is that it's a unique voice. The downsides are multiple: they're prone to mistakes, typos, rambling on, rants, accidental tweets. A social media company can absolutely control what goes through the account.

From a fan point of view, I would love to see Plantations on Twitter.

This is all excitement to me. I use Twitter often. I am having fun on @LedZepNews, Cookie. I asked a tame question "When is your new album coming out?" I think they may answer this one. The questions about lemons, jeans, etc. I mean really. The man is going to be 65 years old this month. Maybe these morons don't know that. Well, there is always the "Hot Pics of Robert Thread." :shifty:

This is all excitement to me. I use Twitter often. I am having fun on @LedZepNews, Cookie. I asked a tame question "When is your new album coming out?" I think they may answer this one. The questions about lemons, jeans, etc. I mean really. The man is going to be 65 years old this month. Maybe these morons don't know that. Well, there is always the "Hot Pics of Robert Thread." :shifty:

It is exciting! It's always nice to see people embracing Twitter. Pleased that you like LedZepNews :) Yeah, I asked a similar question about the new album. It's the kind of question that the social media company will want to receive.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. One would assume that having a professional team in there to do the site would prevent them from giving a deadline of today and then extending it a day, which is why I questioned if there wasn't some issue of the substance of the questions being asked. Not to mention the fact they had to take down the initial tweet and redo it because of an error. I don't know that there is a lot of money invested in opening a twitter account that has already been in their possession for a few years that I've been aware. And other than them doing a background made up of pictures from his robertplant.com site that I could do with the limited sources that I have just as easily, and the two tweets posted, I didn't see anything all that amazing about it. As far as generating buzz, all they really had to do was let you know because once it hits ledzepnews on twitter it seems to explode from there, so that was money they could have saved.

My point was that of those questions submitted that are not strictly about Robert's lemons, the rest are basically just copies of each other so I actually could find where it would be hard to get 10 separate and substantial questions to be answered. In all honesty, the way this is set up, there is no way for us to know whether the questions have already been selected and answered and Robert is off doing other things. It isn't as if this is going to be a sit down discussion where he will do follow up to questions brought on by his answers. I just think twitter is a strange format to use and so I'm curious as to why he's going with it? Maybe there is a new album, or maybe it's something completely different. It's hard to say considering there are multiple albums that he's done in the past that never seem to have seen the light of day. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what information will actually be gleaned from the potential 1400 characters used.

I doubt that the extra day is there to get better questions. I heard Robert is in the UK, so presumably they're waiting to get him in the office to give him the questions.

The obvious answer to the obvious question is that Robert's management have finally pulled their finger out and hired a social media marketing company to generate interest and build an online audience ahead of an album release. His Twitter page is incredibly professional, they've invested a lot of money in getting it right. The only reason for that would be new material. The fact that he is releasing a free live download is a further clue. Robert Plant is releasing music, and Twitter is the place to find it.

I didn't actually mean to call anyone in here a moron. I just meant that there have been more morons than even I knew possible that have come out to join in on this tweet fest. I'm fine with them being fans but several people are doing the same thing that happens anytime you give someone a computer and a sense of anonymity, in that the very worst of human nature sometimes comes out. I think it's ridiculous that there are teen girls offering themselves up to the man as if he's going to read one of those messages and go, "I only have 10 questions here, but yes, HelloKitty685, I do think I'd like to let you lick me from head to toe and be your backdoor man. Let me get your number." There's obviously a reason behind him agreeing to this, but after reading on here and other boards for years about how the fans wish they had an opportunity to ask the questions because the media always gets it wrong, turns out the ones asking the questions for the most part are far worse than the mundane media

^Yes, but even morons can be fans... and potential clients. I'll be the "someone" and tweet your question, which is a very good one. Plus I will have a faint hope not to be considered a moron then :peace:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. One would assume that having a professional team in there to do the site would prevent them from giving a deadline of today and then extending it a day, which is why I questioned if there wasn't some issue of the substance of the questions being asked. Not to mention the fact they had to take down the initial tweet and redo it because of an error. I don't know that there is a lot of money invested in opening a twitter account that has already been in their possession for a few years that I've been aware. And other than them doing a background made up of pictures from his robertplant.com site that I could do with the limited sources that I have just as easily, and the two tweets posted, I didn't see anything all that amazing about it. As far as generating buzz, all they really had to do was let you know because once it hits ledzepnews on twitter it seems to explode from there, so that was money they could have saved.

My point was that of those questions submitted that are not strictly about Robert's lemons, the rest are basically just copies of each other so I actually could find where it would be hard to get 10 separate and substantial questions to be answered. In all honesty, the way this is set up, there is no way for us to know whether the questions have already been selected and answered and Robert is off doing other things. It isn't as if this is going to be a sit down discussion where he will do follow up to questions brought on by his answers. I just think twitter is a strange format to use and so I'm curious as to why he's going with it? Maybe there is a new album, or maybe it's something completely different. It's hard to say considering there are multiple albums that he's done in the past that never seem to have seen the light of day. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what information will actually be gleaned from the potential 1400 characters used.

Yeah, it's an unprofessional and embarrassing thing to do, but I doubt it's from a lack of responses. If they were lacking decent ones then any average social media agency would make some up.

You can tell from the graphics used and the verification tick mark that Robert's Twitter is being run by an agency with either in-house designers or they've sub-contracted the elements out. The verification process also needs to be expertly managed. We're talking several thousand at least for the profile establishment and posts, not a trivial spend.

They want to spread the news themselves. Leaving it to someone like me is dangerous because I may not convey the exact message that they want.

I doubt we'll get anything interesting from this. It's probably not the point. It's a fun distraction to build up fan interaction and establish a loyal following. That gets the account ready to share news in the future.

After reading on here and other boards for years about how the fans wish they had an opportunity to ask the questions because the media always gets it wrong, turns out the ones asking the questions for the most part are far worse than the mundane media

Hear hear! This is a great point. What we need is a professional journalist who is also a Led Zeppelin fan. I volunteer.

It would be great for them to chose you, Cookie. Eventually the silliness will calm down as it always does and you are right, they are just establishing a platform for future news, announcements, etc. The answers and postings can be short and very to the point and ignore the crazy stuff. I am now following @RobertPlant and hope to have fun with it.

Okay now using this as a launch pad to keep the twitter going from a hired media group to update is the first thing that's made total sense to me since this started. I know a lot of artists have teams that keep people up to date on what's going on by quick twitter updates here and there and having Robert involved in the initial launching of it helps validate that it's a legit source so I'm on board for this idea and now can stop trying to figure out the angle which was driving me a bit crazy.

I too would be on board for you asking the questions since you have both the professional background to help you with how to ask the questions and the fan background which would help with what people actually want to know.

Yeah, it's an unprofessional and embarrassing thing to do, but I doubt it's from a lack of responses. If they were lacking decent ones then any average social media agency would make some up.

You can tell from the graphics used and the verification tick mark that Robert's Twitter is being run by an agency with either in-house designers or they've sub-contracted the elements out. The verification process also needs to be expertly managed. We're talking several thousand at least for the profile establishment and posts, not a trivial spend.

They want to spread the news themselves. Leaving it to someone like me is dangerous because I may not convey the exact message that they want.

I doubt we'll get anything interesting from this. It's probably not the point. It's a fun distraction to build up fan interaction and establish a loyal following. That gets the account ready to share news in the future.

Hear hear! This is a great point. What we need is a professional journalist who is also a Led Zeppelin fan. I volunteer.

I am hoping 2 things: that one or more of you who know how to use Twitter (which I don't and not sure I really want to get any lemons anyway) will post the best of the best here on this forum. Maybe post on this thread? And my second wish is that CLW gets her question(s) answered, lemons or not, because she is such an ardent fan and he never plays close enough to North Dakota for her to show her adoration directly. She deserves a download just for her fan-tasticism here on this forum!

Archived