Spanish Robert impersonator

Honeydrip79

I thought this was too hilarious not to share. This guy is not very good and obviously he is facing language barriers, but kudos to him for showing some Zeppelin love! This must be a show similar to "America Idol." For added fun, go to youtube and watch Spanish Robert and Spanish Axl Rose go head to head! Sorry-for some reason, I could not get the forum to post the video to this:

Yes-it is not pleasing to the ears (or eyes) for sure! The show is called Yo Soy. It comes from Peru and is a singing and impersonation competition show. According to the net, there is a show in England that is similar.

Yeah, I've seen this before. He (like other Robert Plant impersonators) doesn't have that "thing" that Robert has when he sings. Many musicians are irreplaceable, but many have sounded like them. With Robert, I haven't seen anybody close except for the guy from "The Led Zeppelin Show", my favorite LZ tribute band.

This guy looks a ton like Plant, and puts a great twist on his vocal style. Not perfect, though. On another note, the rest of the band is not the perfect live reproduction (like Mr. Jimmy, which I also love), but they capture energy I haven't seen in any other tribute.

It was part of a reality show last year, in Perú as you already mentioned. I watched some of the early clips, in those first performances he did impress the judges and the public, whether he's good/bad I think the answer lies in comparing him to the other participants, apparently the others weren't as good impersonating their characters.

As far as I remember he didn't win the competition, he was second perhaps? There was a campaign to get Plant some votes and even a thread was started here on this forum calling people to vote for him.

Wow-that guy is impressive; he has the moves, attitude and look down for sure (pretty damn easy on the eyes too)! His voice is nothing like Robert's though (sadly). To be honest with you, the only singer I have heard that can sing Led Zeppelin songs and sound as close to Robert as you can get is Jack Russell from the 80's band Great White. I might get slammed for saying that but if you don't believe me, watch for yourself:

Yeah, I've seen this before. He (like other Robert Plant impersonators) doesn't have that "thing" that Robert has when he sings. Many musicians are irreplaceable, but many have sounded like them. With Robert, I haven't seen anybody close except for the guy from "The Led Zeppelin Show", my favorite LZ tribute band.

This guy looks a ton like Plant, and puts a great twist on his vocal style. Not perfect, though. On another note, the rest of the band is not the perfect live reproduction (like Mr. Jimmy, which I also love), but they capture energy I haven't seen in any other tribute.

See my further comments on the singer from that band in the Hot Pics thread.

As for that other link, he's impressive. The higher notes are not spot on but for the lower-mid range lyrics (baby baby, I don't wanna leave you, etc.) could make me say that's Robert.

pretty hilarious. though i have to wonder...if you're (the real) Robert Plant and you see something like this, isn't it sort of creepy?

Seriously. I can't imagine how weird it must feel to have perfect strangers try to imitate you. Is it flattering, creepy or some combination of the two?

Archived