Vote for Led Zeppelin for DVD of the year!

clw

It was last year, wasnt it?

Maybe their eligibility period is like the Grammys...fom October to September.

I see I have to register to vote...I'm not registering for any more shit online, so no vote for me. I probably would vote for the Rolling Stones "Charlie Is My Darling" or the Big Star documentary anyway.

Maybe their eligibility period is like the Grammys...fom October to September.

I see I have to register to vote...I'm not registering for any more shit online, so no vote for me. I probably would vote for the Rolling Stones "Charlie Is My Darling" or the Big Star documentary anyway.

I registered,was no biggy and would never vote for anyone else

My vote would go to "Neill Young & Crazy Horse - Year of the Horse" which has just come out on DVD for the first time. It's not nominated, so if I were to vote it would be for "Crossfire Hurricane".

You're an awful human being.

In all seriousness, people who cannot see (or hear) the O2 concert for what it was are lost souls indeed.

I am a nice human being who happens to tell the truth. A lost soul eh? Plants voice is awful, and it shows why Jimmy won't be reforming them again. Anyway who are you to call me an awful human being??

I am a nice human being who happens to tell the truth. A lost soul eh? Plants voice is awful, and it shows why Jimmy won't be reforming them again. Anyway who are you to call me an awful human being??

I did not intend for that comment to be taken literally. I thought that would be obvious, considering I know nothing about you save from your opinion of the O2 concert.

"Truth" can be subjective -- his voice has aged considerably over a long period of time, yes; if you're looking to hear vintage Plant, listen to vintage Plant, there's no need to come in and pour cold water on what others enjoy.

Well now I really like it!

Well now I really like it!

I think his voice in the 60's and early 70's was the best and something he will never beable to do again,but then I cannot do a lot of stuff I did then too

You're right, Melcore. I loved the 02 for what it was, and thought the whole band did a great job. Just seeing them together again was fantastic and I certainly did not expect to see vintage Led Zeppelin but I honestly think some people did!!

My problem with the "Celebration Day" video has nothing to do with the performance, which exceeded my expectations. As I said before in my review, it has to do with Dick Carruthers' editing and choice of shots and visuals.

As a concert, the O2 show was great...as a video, I find I end up watching my bootleg dvd more often. That's why I would vote for "Charlie Is My Darling" over "Celebration Day"...as a video document it is better.

I didn't mean to upset anybody, but this thread was to vote for it as the best DVD of the year (2012). I have been a fan of Led Zeppelin since they became public knowledge. I love every album they have made, I have never criticised any of their albums, Yes I agree some are better than others, but to me they are all a moment in time of my life, so please don't slag me off for stating that Celebration Day was not the best video of the year, I was just giving my opinion, that is my perogatative. Led Zeppelin are my favourite group of all time. I believe that as a paying customer, with all of their albums and some (unfortunately) of their many performances. I have a right to offer my opinion on a DVD release which was below par. I'm sorry if I offended any real fans, who say it as it is.

Yours Plantpothead.

My problem with the "Celebration Day" video has nothing to do with the performance, which exceeded my expectations. As I said before in my review, it has to do with Dick Carruthers' editing and choice of shots and visuals.

As a concert, the O2 show was great...as a video, I find I end up watching my bootleg dvd more often.

The fact that there's a a lack of "Wooo babies" and "Oooh babies" bothered me a little.

Archived