Who's going to reform next ?l

weslgarlic

Led Zeppelin did a one off in 2007 , cream scrapped a reunion in 2013 , the Boom Town Rats are touring again with Bob Geldolf , But who's going to reform next ?

ABBA

Bauhaus

Black Sabbath ( with Bill Ward )

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Danity Kane

Destiny's Child

Devo

The Faces ( with Rod Stewart )

Foreigner ( With Lou Gramm )

Fugees

Genesis ( with Gabriel and Hackett )

Genesis ( without Gabriel and Hackett )

Hawkwind ( with Lemmy )

Hootie & The Blowfish

Husker Du

The Jam ( with Paul Weller )

Journey ( with Steve Perry )

The Kinks

Marillion ( With Fish

Motorhead ( with Phil Taylor and Eddie Clarke )

NSYNC

Oasis

Pink Floyd

The Police

REM

Rilo Kiley

Run DMC

S Club 7

Slade ( Original line-up)

The Smiths

Talking Heads

That Petrol Emotion

The Undertones ( With Fergal Sharkey )

Velvet Underground

Westlife

The White Stripes

Velvet Underground? As much as I would like for it to happen again, it wouldn't be quite the same without Sterling Morrison.

Westlife? :blink: For all that is holy, no fucking way do I want to see those twee twits Westlife back together.

The one I most want to see, but will probably never happen, is Talking Heads. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

After that, Mott the Hoople and the Faces are on my wish-list.

Velvet Underground? As much as I would like for it to happen again, it wouldn't be quite the same without Sterling Morrison.

Westlife? :blink: For all that is holy, no fucking way do I want to see those twee twits Westlife back together.

The one I most want to see, but will probably never happen, is Talking Heads. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

After that, Mott the Hoople and the Faces are on my wish-list.

mott the hoople are doing some shows

I'd love to see Pink Floyd, with Syd on board and Gilmour lurking in the background.

Syd's dead ( rick too ) and that line-up ( with both Barrett and Gilmour ) lasted 5 days only and recorded 1 track " Set the controls for the heart of the sun " I think ?

Yes I know...but only in bloody England so far. Come to the States, Ian!!! We'll fill your coffers with gold.

I’m not a big Mott the Hoople guy but it is funny that they are played on a regular basis on the radio here in the Colony and they seem to have a large Canadian fan base and the guys in the band only play gigs in England. I remember Steve Perry of Journey hated playing gigs outside of America and it was a real bone of contention with the other guys in the band.

R.E.M. are still playing, although Michael Stipe is not doing the singing anymore. Yet a very essential R.E.M. line-up is touring quite frequently and even recording albums: Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Scott McCaughey, Bill Rieflin and Ken Stringfellow, which is more than enough to me. Sometimes it's Robyn Hitchcock doing the singing, others the guy from Death Cab for Cutie whose name I haven't memorised, then Ed Kowalzcycz (not spelled right!) Colin Meloy, Steve Wynn, Joseph Arthur or Gary Lightbody.

The Kinks would be very interesting in my opinion, I think they all (sort of) reunited on the occasion of a documentary that was made. I never really get into Rilo Kiley, don't think I remember any of their songs, and probably I wouldn't be much excited about an Oasis reunion, given the problems between the members (whom I think are brothers if I recall correctly) I think their time as a band has expired.

It's really sad when your favourite bands break-up but one has to admit that as in every workplace people have to work as a team, when there's tension between colleagues the workplace becomes unbearable. Then there's the goals, ambitions and aspirations of individual members who don't want to be sidemen the rest of their lives. One must admit that "ideal" lineups only exist at a point in time, our idealisations of a band are only fortunate combinations of place and people at an specific point in time that hardly repeat or stay constant.

I'll put my money on The Police. To best of my knowledge, all of the original members are still living which gives them a leg up over many of the other groups on the list.

You must have missed the memo. The Police already reunited and it was a disaster. One of the most drearily dull concerts I've had the displeasure to witness.

R.E.M. are still playing, although Michael Stipe is not doing the singing anymore. Yet a very essential R.E.M. line-up is touring quite frequently and even recording albums: Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Scott McCaughey, Bill Rieflin and Ken Stringfellow, which is more than enough to me. Sometimes it's Robyn Hitchcock doing the singing, others the guy from Death Cab for Cutie whose name I haven't memorised, then Ed Kowalzcycz (not spelled right!) Colin Meloy, Steve Wynn, Joseph Arthur or Gary Lightbody.

I'm sorry, but this is very misleading and incorrect. Yes, Peter Buck and Mike Mills are playing in various other projects and touring but NOT as R.E.M. It is a slight to Michael Stipe and R.E.M. fans to suggest that the band is still an entity. They're not...they ended several years ago.

I'm sorry, but this is very misleading and incorrect. Yes, Peter Buck and Mike Mills are playing in various other projects and touring but NOT as R.E.M. It is a slight to Michael Stipe and R.E.M. fans to suggest that the band is still an entity. They're not...they ended several years ago.

In all honesty I prefer the current troika of Peter Buck / Scott McCaughey / Bill Rieflin to the old R.E.M. They actively seek to tour and record albums and play small, large venues, in other words they're still committed to music and their fans, which can't be said of other former R.E.M. members.

You must have missed the memo. The Police already reunited and it was a disaster. One of the most drearily dull concerts I've had the displeasure to witness.

I guess I did miss the memo. I'm sorry to hear The Police reunion didn't work out.

Teardrops Explodes ?

Can ?

Sham 69 ( original line -up )

sex pistols ( again )

Boston ( surviving memebers )

Wham

Unless Sid Vicious is suddenly resurrected, how can the Sex Pistols actually re-form? Even if he did suddenly resurrect, I am sure he would stick another needle filled with Heroin in his arm and then die again. From what I know and have read, Sid Vicious was more famous for shooting Smack then he was for playing the bass guitar.

Edited to add: If a Major figure (like John Bonham) has passed away, then there can be no real Reformation or Reunion (regardless of it being the MIghty Led Zeppelin). I think that is just common sense.

As for the others you mention, and this is just my opinion, I could not even care if Wham or Sham 69 or the Boomtown Rats ever reformed because I do not even know or care about any of the music they ever made or played.

Do you really care if Hootie and the Blowfish reform? Some may, but I think that this is a topic that really has no hopes.

Sure, I have started some inane topics of my own, but some of the reformations of the bands you list is simply preposterous on a Forum that is (primarily devoted to Led Zeppelin). Again, just my opinion and how I feel/think.

I sure hope not on the last 3; no idea who the first 3 are.

Julian Cope's The Teardrop Explodes was a late-70s post-punk band from Liverpool that Robert Plant took a liking to for a time. Kind of psychedelic in a way, but without the long drum solos.

Can were a German avant-garde, experimental rock band of the early 70s...an early taste of Krautrock, so to speak.

Sham 69 are not worth remembering.

Archived