Pre-concert Music Played thru PA

I am curious from those who did go (as compared to those delusionist who claimed to have gone) as to what the pre-concert music was before Zeppelin hit the stage? How long between set until Zeppelin played? Curious to know.........

THere was music throught the PA system, before any bands played. It was old blues music mostly, some Jazz.

There warm up bands are listed elsewhere. From memory there was Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings, Paul Rodgers, Paolo Nutini and Foreigner.

I think the first set finished about 8:25pm and Zeppelin came on around about 9pm (or perhaps just before)

the show started at 7.15pm ish! with harvey goldsmith...when he said thanks to bill wymans band for learning 28 songs in a short period of time ...i thought no! bill wymans doing 28 songs!!! :o i missed foreigner!...cos my bladder got the better of me! lol just aswell i went to the toilet when i did ..coz when they played kashmir and robert sang that long note in the middle! i nearly peed myself!!! :D

i missed foreigner!...

you didn't miss anything..they were horrendous with their soppy ballad. but there's another thread dedicated to that. Paul Rogers was awesome though.

i think the warm up set finished around 8.15-8.20 pm cuz I remember thinking wow, Zep are taking 40 min to change. Remember the crowd roarng as well when Jason's drums and especially Jimmy's ZoSo amps were revealed.

the show started at 7.15pm ish! with harvey goldsmith...when he said thanks to bill wymans band for learning 28 songs in a short period of time ...i thought no! bill wymans doing 28 songs!!!

I remember that - I thought 'this is going to be a long night!'

you didn't miss anything..they were horrendous with their soppy ballad. but there's another thread dedicated to that. Paul Rogers was awesome though.

i think the warm up set finished around 8.15-8.20 pm cuz I remember thinking wow, Zep are taking 40 min to change. Remember the crowd roarng as well when Jason's drums and especially Jimmy's ZoSo amps were revealed.

When is the last time ya ever heard of amps or a drum kit gettin an ovation??? I can only imagine how fuckin cool that must have been! DAMN IM JEALOUS!

When is the last time ya ever heard of amps or a drum kit gettin an ovation??? I can only imagine how fuckin cool that must have been! DAMN IM JEALOUS!

yeah it was pretty cool! that's when it started to dawn on me that led zep are actually going to perform on that very stage...

Incidentaly, when did Jimmy last use a cabinet with the 'Zoso' logo? I don't think he had it for the Page/Plant tours?

I've seen pics from their '79 rehearsals/warm ups and the symbol appears - at the Knebworth concerts and 1980 its absent.

The smoke/dry ice machine got a big cheer as well. It could have been a Spinal Tap moment (OK, it probably was), but really it's just an indication how fired up and excited people were.

ONE WEEK AGO tonight, people! How time doth fly.

Archived