Groups and/or Bands with a Nation/State name...

kingzoso

Now, this is the Chicago I love...why they had to go and muck it up by turning into such wussy schlockmeisters is criminal. Of course, Terry Kath's tragic death didn't help. One of my favourite Chicago songs is "Beginnings" from the debut album, "Chicago Transit Authority". Listen to Peter Cetera's great bass line...who knew he would soon be crooning such boring pap later on?

Even better is this live clip of the song from the same 1970 Tanglewood performance that KB posted "25 or 6 to 4" of above. What's fascinating to watch is how guitarist Terry Kath and drummer Danny Seraphine seem to be battling at first over what tempo to play the song in; Terry wants to go faster while Danny is trying to slow it down. Meanwhile, keyboardist/singer Robert Lamm keeps looking over as if to say "what the fuck is going on?" They eventually work it out in stride...and they do all this without ear monitors, click tracks, computers, and all the bullshit that too many modern concerts rely on.

http://youtu.be/ovZQJQ4n9u4

Another great Chicago song that people sleep on(I don't think I have heard it played on the radio since 1972) is "A Hit by Varèse" from "Chicago V".

No worries, Jules...I am a dork about much music myself. For instance, I have a soft spot for Hall & Oates and Abba.

Yep that early stuff is great, Brother!Terry was mucho admired by Jimi for 25 to 6 to 4 solo.

Any of you punters have the 4 LP set from Carnegie Hall ?

Yep that early stuff is great, Brother!Terry was mucho admired by Jimi for 25 to 6 to 4 solo.

Any of you punters have the 4 LP set from Carnegie Hall ?

Yes. I have all Chicago from 1968's CTA to 1974's Chicago VII.

I saw the 2013 download fest on palladia this wknd and they had iron maiden,motorhead,qotsa,korn,slipknot,black stone cherry....and europe. They only played 1 or 2 songs from each band, but ofcourse they had europe/final countdown....why. especially when there are so many great heavy bands. If ever i would even think of throwing a tv out a hotel window....it would have to be hearing that song...right after the keyboard part. Ofcourse id be in a cheap motel on ground floor and the tv would just thud on the grass. Wow, thats a bad song.imo

Archived