Know any band member alias' ?

yoosrid

I understodd he had hotel aliases, to avoid fan disturbances, like The Chevalier MacGregor and such... OTO and Golden Dawn references, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't the one signing the checks! :lol:

Evster, so glad you are back!! :D I have been in the hotel business for 30 years, so I missed the Zeppelin days (wished I would have been working at one of the hotels they stayed at).

All Rock, Music stars use alias names, they have to. We sign confidentiality forms as employees of the hotels. I have met many of the greatest, but never any LZ member. There were and still are some crazy alias names.

• 1 year later...

Evster, I think you would agree he was fairly meticulous about the aliases he has chosen to use throughout his life.

There was a reason or some underlying rationale behind each of them. Which brings us to his first stage name -

Nelson Storm. I can't recall why that of all names to come up with was chosen. Blissful anonymity?

Can anyone shed some light?

I can't find any info into why he chose this name but I am guessing he thought it sounded cool given that he was just 14 at the time.

I don't have anything to comment on this thread because I don't know any aliases nor do I really care...but after reading this thread in it's entirety..

What the F*ck was all that?? :unsure:

That's funny, betteremily, because I had the exact same reaction. I missed this thread the first time around, so when it popped up the other day, I took some time to read it.

While it starts off okay, it doesn't take long before going haywire and your head starts hurting. WTF?, indeed.

That's funny, betteremily, because I had the exact same reaction. I missed this thread the first time around, so when it popped up the other day, I took some time to read it.

While it starts off okay, it doesn't take long before going haywire and your head starts hurting. WTF?, indeed.

Ha, if any of you appreciate Monty Python here's a wonderful sketch corresponding with Strider's comment above:

soz, couldn't resist this lol..and the corresponding Plantation from 8:38 onwards:

• 1 year later...

I asked Jimmy back in 1995 when he was playing in Toronto with Robert Plant. Why the name James McGregoras an alias? Jimmy responded with, "My Mother's maiden name was McGregor".

Jimmy may have had a twinkle in his eye when he said it because he was putting you on. His mother's maiden name is Gaffikin.

Archived