2013 NFL Predictions Game

DAS

^^ You mean you're going to bet the Jags as the underdogs? Not that I'm in a position to give betting advice, but that seems like one I would steer clear of. The Jags are the worst team in the league & may get their asses smoked, or it will be a struggle for Seattle. I'm leaning towards the ass whoopin' though...

^^ You mean you're going to bet the Jags as the underdogs? Not that I'm in a position to give betting advice, but that seems like one I would steer clear of. The Jags are the worst team in the league & may get their asses smoked, or it will be a struggle for Seattle. I'm leaning towards the ass whoopin' though...

No no no Stanley. I am taking Seattle

^^ Ok, I get you Rick. Better hope Seattle has no trepidations about running up the score on the Jag-wads.

And just from a "straight up" point of view, I don't know who to pick in that Kansas City/Philly game. The Eagles can score but their defense couldn't stop my grandmother from getting in the endzone. I think I might go with the home team though. :wacko:

^^ Ok, I get you Rick. Better hope Seattle has no trepidations about running up the score on the Jag-wads.

And just from a "straight up" point of view, I don't know who to pick in that Kansas City/Philly game. The Eagles can score but their defense couldn't stop my grandmother from getting in the endzone. I think I might go with the home team though. :wacko:

Alot of tough games. I will pick the Eagles and hope. I like Tampa to knock off New England. New England is not that good. they are ripe for the picking

The Eagles are similar to last year. The Redskin game made them look better than they really are. I mean, the Chargers come across the country, play an early game, and then come from behind to beat Philly - that just shows the Eagles don't have "it". They'll be hit and miss, much like the rest of the NFC LEast.....0-4 yesterday, 0-3 vs. AFC West! :black_eye:

The Eagles are similar to last year. The Redskin game made them look better than they really are. I mean, the Chargers come across the country, play an early game, and then come from behind to beat Philly - that just shows the Eagles don't have "it". They'll be hit and miss, much like the rest of the NFC LEast.....0-4 yesterday, 0-3 vs. AFC West! :black_eye:

Even though they are 0-2 I could still see Wash winning that division

I'm looking at the Cowboys schedule right now, a pretty tough stretch of games coming up, Rams, Chargers and the Broncos, the NFC East could be very wide open in a few weeks, especially if the Skins get their shit together.

And Rick, I agree the Pats are ripe for a butt kicking, but I just don't see Tampa doing it. The Bucs seem to be a lot like the Lions, they lose more games they should win than anybody.

I'm looking at the Cowboys schedule right now, a pretty tough stretch of games coming up, Rams, Chargers and the Broncos, the NFC East could be very wide open in a few weeks, especially if the Skins get their shit together.

And Rick, I agree the Pats are ripe for a butt kicking, but I just don't see Tampa doing it. The Bucs seem to be a lot like the Lions, they lose more games they should win than anybody.

New England will be overconfident for this game no matter how much Belechek screams at them. They are known for losing this type of game at home. I will come right out with it. Tampa wins

Paul, just to clarify...if you 'lay' the points, that means you're taking the favourite. If you 'take' the points, you're going with the underdog.

San Fran kicks Seattle into Puget Sound.

You read it here first.

Ummm...what happened?

Paul, just to clarify...if you 'lay' the points, that means you're taking the favourite. If you 'take' the points, you're going with the underdog.

Ummm...what happened?

Should've said toward Alcatraz...

^^^

I don't know Rick. At first glance, that sounds good. Last year, Seattle won their home games by an average of 18 points. But Carroll doesn't have a grudge against Jacksonville like he does against Harbough. I'm worried Seattle will ease off the pedal once they get up two touchdowns and allow Jacksonville a couple late cheap scores to blow the spread.

Plus, there's the possibility of a Seattle emotional letdown after last night's huge win.

^^^

I don't know Rick. At first glance, that sounds good. Last year, Seattle won their home games by an average of 18 points. But Carroll doesn't have a grudge against Jacksonville like he does against Harbough. I'm worried Seattle will ease off the pedal once they get up two touchdowns and allow Jacksonville a couple late cheap scores to blow the spread.

Plus, there's the possibility of a Seattle emotional letdown after last night's huge win.

What you say makes perfect sense. I only went ten bucks for that reason. I am playing with house money. A back door cover is possible for sure. And you are right, no reason for them to run the score up and they will be overconfident.

Well, that puts a wrap on Week 2, damn Steelers. Here's the results:

paul carruthers: 12-4

LedZeppfan77: 8-8

Strider: 10-6

DAS: 10-6

Walter: 9-7

jb126: 12-4

jabe: 11-5

Anjin-san: 11-4

Yearly results:

paul carruthers: 21-11

LedZeppfan77: 18-14

Strider: 23-9

DAS: 21-11

Walter: 18-14

jb126: 24-8

jabe: 19-13

Anjin-san: 11-4

Week 3 schedule:

Kansas City at Philadelphia
Green Bay at Cincinnati
St. Louis at Dallas
San Diego at Tennessee
Cleveland at Minnesota
Tampa Bay at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Detroit at Washington
NY Giants at Carolina
Houston at Baltimore
Atlanta at Miami
Buffalo at NY Jets
Indianapolis at San Francisco
Jacksonville at Seattle
Chicago at Pittsburgh
Oakland at Denver

Philadelphia (I've been struggling with this one, but the Eagles are home even if they can't play a lick of defense)
Green Bay
Dallas (Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Boys lose, but once again I'm going with the home team)
San Diego
Minnesota
New England (An upset in the making if it were not the Bucs, the Keystone Cops of the NFL)
New Orleans
Washington (RGIII and the Taters get well vs. the Lions)
NY Giants (another tough one to call, but something tells me Eli is better than Cam Newton)
Houston
Miami (My upset special of the week, go Fins!)
Buffalo (What will Rick do if the Bills lose this one?)
San Francisco
Seattle
Chicago (The Steelers 0-3 to start a season, say it ain't so?)
Denver

Another tough week

Philly

Cincy(this game is tough)

St Louis

San Diego

Minnesota

Tampa (yes I believe NE is overated)

New Orleans (reluctantly-cant stand them or coach)

Detroit (Wash will go with a backup QB until RG is healthy-Lions can outscore)

Carolina

Houston

Atlanta

Buffalo (all the way)

San Fran

Seattle

Chicago

Denver

I just noticed the hot capper on CBS Sportsline is picking Tampa to upset New England as I am. He had Miami over Indy and Tampa only lost by two at New Orleans. Cant you see this coming?

Philadelphia (I've been struggling with this one, but the Eagles are home even if they can't play a lick of defense)
Green Bay
Dallas (Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Boys lose, but once again I'm going with the home team)
San Diego
Minnesota
New England (An upset in the making if it were not the Bucs, the Keystone Cops of the NFL)
New Orleans
Washington (RGIII and the Taters get well vs. the Lions)
NY Giants (another tough one to call, but something tells me Eli is better than Cam Newton)
Houston
Miami (My upset special of the week, go Fins!)
Buffalo (What will Rick do if the Bills lose this one?)
San Francisco
Seattle
Chicago (The Steelers 0-3 to start a season, say it ain't so?)
Denver

Archived