Starship Working on New Album, 'Loveless Fascination'

The Pagemeister

Starship Working on New Album, 'Loveless Fascination'

Frontman Mickey Thomas collaborating with Foreigner's Jeff Pilson
mickey-206v-1372450214.jpg

Starship frontman Mickey Thomas is finalizing the group's first album since 1989's Love Among the Cannibals.

He is collaborating with Foreigner bassist Jeff Pilson on the new LP, which will be called Loveless Fascination.

"After so many years of thinking about a Starship album, and stopping and starting, I got together with Jeff," Thomas told Ultimate Classic Rock. "He's just a great talent. A very energetic person. He had this great collection of songs, and he and I got together and our relationship just clicked. With Jeff's help, I've finally been able to put together a brand-new Starship album with totally new original material. I'm really excited about it."

In the meantime, Thomas will perform at the Raiding the Rock Vault series of shows in Las Vegas from July 5th to 9th. Organized by former Asia singer John Payne, the multimedia show is a history lesson in classic rock, featuring songs by the Stones, Hendrix, Zeppelin and more. L.A. Guns' Tracii Guns, Asia's Jay Schellen, Heart's Howard Leese and Quiet Riot's Paul Shortino are also slated to appear.

Loveless Fascination is set for release on September 17th on Loud and Proud Records.

Archived