Top unsolved crimes of all time

LedZeppfan77

This is the first I've heard of this disaster. The idea that the syrup I use to make hermits could cause a flood of that magnitude is fascinating. I learn something new here at ledzeppelin.com every day.

I took a tour of the North End when I was in Boston in July and the guide told us this story as we passed pretty close to where it started . First I'd heard of it and of course I meant to look into it more. But I think my genetic laziness took hold :)

This is the first I've heard of this disaster. The idea that the syrup I use to make hermits could cause a flood of that magnitude is fascinating. I learn something new here at ledzeppelin.com every day.

It kind of reminded me of the 1964 Alaska quake tsunami that hit Crescent City, CA. It came in around midnight when no one was expecting it.

The Marilyn Monroe suicide, or was it really? With her romantic involvement with JFK and the mysterious circumstances surrounding her death we will probably never know the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Marilyn_Monroe

I cannot remember if a note was found with her? Was there a note? One would have thought she would have left a note unless she was drinking or was heavily sedated and then just made the decision in a state of depression? If it had been planned you would think she would have done things like tied up loose ends with her finances for instance. The lack of this certainly boosts any theory of foul play.

Of course the other theory is, it was just death by misadventure.

We'll never know?

I cannot remember if a note was found with her? Was there a note? One would have thought she would have left a note unless she was drinking or was heavily sedated and then just made the decision in a state of depression? If it had been planned you would think she would have done things like tied up loose ends with her finances for instance. The lack of this certainly boosts any theory of foul play.

• 4 weeks later...

^ i reckon marilyn was murdered because of her affair with jfk. she was probably thought to be a threat of going public with it, and bringing disrepute to jfk, and embarrassing his wife, even though it was public knowledge to a lot of people.

i also think phil schneider was murdered. he was in no way suicidal before his death, and indeed he had death threats.

http://www.openminds.tv/phil-schneiders-incredible-et-claims/

First, the Black Dahlia, that is some creepy shit right there.

Second, Hitler & Eva Braun. I don't think they died as they claim, the bodies were never really found, the charred remains were unidentifiable. There was a book written recently that put forth a very plausible explanation: Hitler & Braun escaped Berlin via the last flight out on April 21st. The flew to Spain seeking asylum however Franco, nervous that 500,000 allied troops were on his doorstep had both immediately killed, cremated, and disposed of at sea.

If that is true that would be some serious irony right there and a fitting end to one of history's biggest assholes.

Who was Jack The Ripper http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

Also is anyone familiar with the case of "Spring Heeled Jack"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring-heeled_Jack and who/what it was?

The disappearance of estate agent Suzy Lamplugh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Lamplugh

This has been a long fascination with me, the case of Alfred Rouse and his unidentified victim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Rouse

(Alfred Rouse murdered a man to obtain his identity, he battered the victim and doused his with petrol, set him on fire then Alfred ran off, for over 70 years the victim has never been identified but I do remember reading that it was either he got this crazy idea from reading a crime novel OR Agatha Christie had got this idea from reading the Rouse case in the papers then adding it to one of her books)

Also for Lord Lucans whereabouts...he's in the boot of my car along with Shergar (it's a long running joke with my family because the amount of junk and crap I have in there lol)

Who was Jack The Ripper http://www.casebook.org/intro.html

Also is anyone familiar with the case of "Spring Heeled Jack"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring-heeled_Jack and who/what it was?

The disappearance of estate agent Suzy Lamplugh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Lamplugh

This has been a long fascination with me, the case of Alfred Rouse and his unidentified victim http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Rouse

(Alfred Rouse murdered a man to obtain his identity, he battered the victim and doused his with petrol, set him on fire then Alfred ran off, for over 70 years the victim has never been identified but I do remember reading that it was either he got this crazy idea from reading a crime novel OR Agatha Christie had got this idea from reading the Rouse case in the papers then adding it to one of her books)

Also for Lord Lucans whereabouts...he's in the boot of my car along with Shergar (it's a long running joke with my family because the amount of junk and crap I have in there lol)

I'd never heard of Spring-heeled Jack. It's interesting reading about other countries' urban legends. The Suzy Lamplugh case is so sad. I can't imagine anything worse than having a loved one disappear and never know what happened to her. You would always be looking for her in a crowd.

The disappearance of Agatha Christie. Was it a crime?

We really cannot prove Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance was a crime but we all know it was. I am about to read the link posted about Jack the Ripper wiith great skepticism. I do not believe they have any true idea. Maybe they have a list that is narrowed down a bit. But I have never heard that there is alot of solid proof. The Zodiac has always been amazing to me. Did he die? Why did it stop? Monsters like that usually do not just stop. Leadiing me to believe he may have died and we simply do not have a link to his identity. Still, of all the cases, he certainly could be alive. Jack the Ripper cannot be.

Well the Ripper link is a long read. So I immediately noticed that the women he was sure to have killed were killed between Friday and Sunday's. Suggesting he must have had a job to keep him busy during the week? If I were a detective that would be jumping out at me. It is probably the most unsolvable because the trail is ice cold. I am not sure if any DNA exists? Jon Bonet is surely solvable and still new in comparison to other famous unsolved

We really cannot prove Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance was a crime but we all know it was. I am about to read the link posted about Jack the Ripper wiith great skepticism. I do not believe they have any true idea. Maybe they have a list that is narrowed down a bit. But I have never heard that there is alot of solid proof. The Zodiac has always been amazing to me. Did he die? Why did it stop? Monsters like that usually do not just stop. Leadiing me to believe he may have died and we simply do not have a link to his identity. Still, of all the cases, he certainly could be alive. Jack the Ripper cannot be.

Well the Ripper link is a long read. So I immediately noticed that the women he was sure to have killed were killed between Friday and Sunday's. Suggesting he must have had a job to keep him busy during the week? If I were a detective that would be jumping out at me. It is probably the most unsolvable because the trail is ice cold. I am not sure if any DNA exists? Jon Bonet is surely solvable and still new in comparison to other famous unsolved

didn't jack the ripper kill prostitutes? they would mainly work on weekends .... ?

poor little jon bonet .... i saw a tv show about her death years ago, just so dreadful. weren't the parents suspects? i can't remember details atm ..

didn't jack the ripper kill prostitutes? they would mainly work on weekends .... ?

poor little jon bonet .... i saw a tv show about her death years ago, just so dreadful. weren't the parents suspects? i can't remember details atm ..

Yes he killed prostitutes but did no take the bodies away and dump them in the River like our own home grown Arthur Shawcross who died in prison. He killed alot of hookers.

We have had our share of big stories including two brinks jobs, the Doyle security job that had the kodak payroll back in the 70s and the Xerox job that is still unsolved. the two Brinks jobs in the 90s were solved. Both being inside jobs. One was uncovered by the FBI taping a hotel conversation and a lawyer was involved in a murder and the case also. A priest was involved in the South Ave job, as he was caught in the big apple months later.

The Xerox job really intrigues me. It was in the early 2000's and a black man walks into the credit union at Xerox plant in Webster NY, a suburb of Rochester, NY. He killed at least one teller and fled on foot out the front door and escaped in a car. I am shocked its unsolved. It had to be inside knowledge. He had to know that kind of money would be there on that day. He killed someone in the act making it a federal crime. The escape route was not easy. Its amazing to me that he got away. He had to get off the Xerox property. Fucking crazy. Our first Brinks job was when guards were tied up near the woods in the morning after the truck stopped for coffee. Among those tied up was one of the guilty that set it up. How he got a job there I will never know. I worked with a guy that knew him and he said it was like the bank hiring Dillinger. The Doyle job in the 70's was in a low security type station wagon type vehicle, and a mickey mouse operation. They never got insurance again after the entire Kodak payroll was taken. I do believe it was solved though. But the Xerox job is still unsolved as is the double initial murders of three young girls here in the 70's long before old Art Shawcross killed all of those hookers

Archived