Kyuss/Queens of The Stone Age

Big Klu

I don't see their names dropped here at all. I've been big into Kyuss for a while, but its only recently I acquired QOTSA's material....on a tdk disc....for free, that I see the light. Before this week, they were merely just 15 second bumper music for AM radio.

Apparently this is like being an Early Fleetwood Mac blues fan, then finding out it later they became a huger and a much better looking pop band.

WTF? Why aren't they senses shatteringly huge? Are they? Or am I too stuck in 1979 to have noticed they were knighted by the king of the world for being awesome?

I don't see their names dropped here at all. I've been big into Kyuss for a while, but its only recently I acquired QOTSA's material....on a tdk disc....for free, that I see the light.

Kyuss were a seminal band and they signed IMO the track of modern / alternative rock music

QOTSA are less seminal but an intriguing band as well, with more up and down

I love both of them

:notworthy:

I love Queens of the Stone Age, Lanegan has come a long way from his days with the Screaming Trees and has really developed his art. I can't make the Kyuss comparison, as I haven't heard of Kyuss before today (and after doing a little research I have no idea why I haven't heard of them).

At the very least though, I now have a 'new' band to investigate and spend some time on.

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived