Page/Plant Japanese Concert DVD Removed From Stores

SteveAJones

Borders used to get bootlegs listed as imports all the time. Even though I already owned a couple of copies of Zeppelin at Earl's Court shows on DVD, I bought one at Borders for around $20.00. It was terrible. The picture was very faded and there were several jump cuts. I returned it and told them it was a boot. I remember seeing a Knebworth and some Sabbath bootleg DVDs there over the years!

While I fully support the band members right to protect their work, I also admit to on occasion purchasing non-official releases from stores. :Thinking:

^ oh, Jimmy does the same too. Or at least he visits the stores and tries to get them for free, it's his music after all

If I understand correctly what Jimmy has said in the past, is that he doesn't care so much about obvious bootlegs, it's when the bootleggers try to pass them off as official releases, like this thread subject as a case in point. I've never had the opportunity to purchase what appeared to be official but that I knew wasn't. I would like to think that I would have the strength to pass on the purchase but without having it right in front of me, I guess that I'll never know! The major part of my bootleg collection is from Usenet so, other than my ISP, no one has really made any money from me and my collection--I'd like to keep it that way, because the bands deserve their due and I still believe that success is a positive thing.

If I understand correctly what Jimmy has said in the past, is that he doesn't care so much about obvious bootlegs, it's when the bootleggers try to pass them off as official releases, like this thread subject as a case in point. I've never had the opportunity to purchase what appeared to be official but that I knew wasn't. I would like to think that I would have the strength to pass on the purchase but without having it right in front of me, I guess that I'll never know! The major part of my bootleg collection is from Usenet so, other than my ISP, no one has really made any money from me and my collection--I'd like to keep it that way, because the bands deserve their due and I still believe that success is a positive thing.

I'm sure Jimmy isn't happy about any commercial bootlegs...the free trade of recordings online is assumedly a different matter altogether.

The minute they give me the chance, I'll throw my money at Messrs. Page, Plant, Jones, and the family of Bonham.

I'm sure Jimmy isn't happy about any commercial bootlegs...the free trade of recordings online is assumedly a different matter altogether.

Ah, I see, so if Jimmy ever pops round for a cup of tea it's best to hide any live recordings that may have found their way into your collection via a record store.

As for the DVD's I am sure all fans know what is official and what is "for the fans". I saw one once that had this is not an official release or words to that effect on the back.

Ah, I see, so if Jimmy ever pops round for a cup of tea it's best to hide any live recordings that may have found their way into your collection via a record store.

As for the DVD's I am sure all fans know what is official and what is "for the fans". I saw one once that had this is not an official release or words to that effect on the back.

Wouldn't it be courteous to do so? :P

Update on this news story:

LiveinJapan.jpg

Live in Japan 1996 and Travelers of Time and Space

Live in Japan 1996 is the February 13, 1996 Tokyo, Japan show.

Travelers of Time and Space is the September 27, 1995 Las Cruces, New Mexico show.

Both dvds are just pirated copies of the original Third Eye Productions bootleg releases.

I have both of these. Picked them both up about 4 months ago.

They are actually quite good. They still have them at the Walmart behind my house.

They are actually quite good. They still have them at the Walmart behind my house.

I can confirm that they were still available (or at least one of them was) at my Walmart. The third boot I bought is a copy of the 1995 Irvine Meadows show (put out by "Rock Tapes"); another company put out a Plant one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to this thread but am glad to say that i did get a copy of this Bootleg video and Plant Page live from California 1995. Both are o.k. at best but as a life long fan they are worth every red cent to me. It was no great mystery that these are bootlegs. I did get them for $14.99 each which is cheaper than at Best Buy so i'm happy. Honestly i love bootlegs and no matter what i will buy them. Have been buying bootlegs since the early eighties as well as anyhting else Zep releated.

I have both of these. Picked them both up about 4 months ago.

Archived