NFLZ Sportbook

jabe

I have a question for jabe: if the line moves during the week does that mean I have to change my wager because the line on the Packers/Bengals game went up to 3 and now I'm not so sure?

The lines move up til game time. That is why I put my bet in early while the Bills were getting 2 1/2 rather than 2, where it now stands. When you put the wager in, its whatever the line is at that time. You are locked in.

The lines move up til game time. That is why I put my bet in early while the Bills were getting 2 1/2 rather than 2, where it now stands. When you put the wager in, its whatever the line is at that time. You are locked in.

Rick is correct. It's where the line stands at the time you place your wager.

I'm still mulling over who and how much...

I have a question for jabe: if the line moves during the week does that mean I have to change my wager because the line on the Packers/Bengals game went up to 3 and now I'm not so sure?

I'd say you're sitting pretty good, Paul. More money was flowing to Green bay so Vegas raises the spread. They want roughly the same amount bet on each team. Their profit comes from taking around 10%(?) from the winners.

I may go with this game and take Green Bay as well, even with the revised spread.

Rick is correct. It's where the line stands at the time you place your wager.

I'm still mulling over who and how much...

Same here...not seeing much that I like. Those 19.5 and 15 point spreads scare me. Plus, I usually like to find good deals in home underdogs but there are only two this week and none look appealing.

Seattle -18.5 vs. Jacksonville (5dimes.com)

400 Seattle

What the hell...go for the gusto. All the other games I couldn't be sure which team was going to win, let alone figure out who would cover or not. At least I'm 100% certain Seattle will beat Jacksonville, and it'll be fun to root for a blowout.

Edited by Strider

Everyone get their bets in?

And remember, even if you've never participated in this contest, it's not to late to get in on today's late games or Monday night.

C'mon Das, jb126, Walter, Anjin-san, ebk, and the rest.

Has jabe made his bet?

...goes looking...

No he hasn't. I guess he's waiting for the weekend games.

I'm still hanging but will have to get on the "prediction" thread a bit later today. Haven't really scoped this week out yet.

^^^

Putting your trust in Arizona is foolish. Especially on the road across three time zones. Surprised you couldn't find a nore amenable game...like the one jabe took...

Seattle-2Houston

300/Seattle

That's a pretty good line...only laying two points. I'm pretty sure the spread was higher at the beginning of the week, which is why I stayed away.