2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24227931/sabres-make-big-frontoffice-moves-in-midst-of-rebuilding-effort

Monster news out of Buffalo!!

Regier and Rolston fired. Ted Nolan interum coach. Pat LaFontainne in charge. Wow

There is a Celebration Day ad in the top of that page!

So Rick what do you think of Nolan?? LaFontainne will do well, were both brought in from outside the organization?

There is a Celebration Day ad in the top of that page!

So Rick what do you think of Nolan?? LaFontainne will do well, were both brought in from outside the organization?

The poor guy wins coach of the year 17 yrs ago. Then he does not get the contract the next year. He has no hard feelings as those owners are gone. He can motivate people as Steve Ott said today on Hockey night in Canada radio on XM radio. I expect things will improve. And when they cash in those 17 picks in the next 3 years it will. The lowest of those are number 2's. Loaded with number one picks. I assume some will be traded for established talent. I am hoping Pat hires Dudley as GM

My brother in law did a lot of wood work for Patty LaFontainne year's ago out on Long Island, he says he is a great guy.

Yes he is a fan favorite. And get me a damn autograph will ya? Or better yet, his cell number. LOL. I think he wants to be remembered as a Sabre rather than an Islander. He had good years in NY but better ones in Buffalo including the crazy year when Alex Mogilny scored 76 goals in Sellane's rookie year. How the hell does a guy score 76 and have someone tie him? LaFontaine had a great year. He will have some say but I think he is more of a figure head now. I mean, he has admitted he has no experience as a GM and has a short list of those he will hire. He is being portrayed as the leader, but I want a guy like Dudley calling the shots as far as who we draft and who we trade for. There are three big names coming out next year and Buffalo is assured one. McDavid is one and the other one, cannnot remember the name, but it sounds like he belongs in Buffalo. Do not think it will take 3 or 4 years for them to be a contender. Forget that. It is now possible with all the picks they have to make some big moves.

Stars up on Calgary 5-0 in the 2nd. This team has really bought into Lindy' s system, fun to watch......fast and go on the attack.

That is great. If you happen to hear any reaction to the big news in Buffalo from Lindy please let me know. I want to know what Lindy thinks. Did you read my previous post?

Yes.... I don't think it will take that long to get them back on track either. They have Miller, once you have a top tier goalie, it's so much easier and faster to rebuild.

The big question is though, will Miller want to stay or go? Will he wait? Will he have a choice? Offers will come for Miller for sure. There are teams that he could make the difference for including your Stars. You put Miller in the Dallas net and you become a legit contender for the Cup. Without him, I do not think you can beat the Sharks or a few other western teams like Chicago or St Louis.; He could win it for St Louis also. Vancouver is happy with Luongo. So they are not in it. I fear the Ducks may go after him. His wife is there. Yikes. I hope he stays in Buffalo.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24227931/sabres-make-big-frontoffice-moves-in-midst-of-rebuilding-effort

Monster news out of Buffalo!!

Regier and Rolston fired. Ted Nolan interum coach. Pat LaFontainne in charge. Wow

It's about time. I've been hearing grumbling about Rolston all season. About a month or so ago, when Kaleta was suspended, I remember reading an article in the Times about how the Sabres were getting a reputation around the League as a dirty team and that fans wanted Rolston fired.

Maybe nostalgia will work for Buffalo like it has so far for Colorado? Good luck to your team, Rick.

It's about time. I've been hearing grumbling about Rolston all season. About a month or so ago, when Kaleta was suspended, I remember reading an article in the Times about how the Sabres were getting a reputation around the League as a dirty team and that fans wanted Rolston fired.

Maybe nostalgia will work for Buffalo like it has so far for Colorado? Good luck to your team, Rick.

Thanks. So far so good. One game under Nolan and they looked like the old Sabres

Well, as you have no doubt have heard, Quick is out of the pipes for three to six weeks for the Kings due to a groin strain. Ouch.

Now we see if trading Bernier to Toronto was the right thing as the goalie we got in exchange, Ben Scrivens, is now the Kings' starter and Martin Jones is called up from the AHL to be the back-up. This will be a crucial test of our depth.

Well, as you have no doubt have heard, Quick is out of the pipes for three to six weeks for the Kings due to a groin strain. Ouch.

Now we see if trading Bernier to Toronto was the right thing as the goalie we got in exchange, Ben Scrivens, is now the Kings' starter and Martin Jones is called up from the AHL to be the back-up. This will be a crucial test of our depth.

Scrivens shut out the Devils last night, which of course is not saying that much as the Devils offense is inept. He was hurt in OT in Buffalo, and Miller took Scriven to school in the shootout. No surprise there. I am terrified Miller could be traded. I am hoping he stays now that new leaders are on board. And many new players will be coming soon

Just got the promo code for the Ducks vs Kings game at Dogers Stadium on the 25th.....

Your access to this pre-sale begins Monday, November 18 at 10 AM PT, but please hurry because this limited-time access ends at 11:59 PM PT*. ..........Use promo code: NHLLA

For the 2 Rangers games at Yankee Stadium :

Your access to this pre-sale begins Wednesday, November 20 at 10 AM ET, but please hurry because this limited-time access ends at 11:59 PM ET*.......... Use promo code: NHLNY

Just got the promo code for the Ducks vs Kings game at Dogers Stadium on the 25th.....

Your access to this pre-sale begins Monday, November 18 at 10 AM PT, but please hurry because this limited-time access ends at 11:59 PM PT*. ..........Use promo code: NHLLA

Your access to this pre-sale begins Wednesday, November 20 at 10 AM ET, but please hurry because this limited-time access ends at 11:59 PM ET*.......... Use promo code: NHLNY

Vielen Dank zepscoda for the lowdown!!!

The Rangers have to be the most boring team on Earth. Every game they are in is a 1-0 soccer score.

The Rangers have to be the most boring team on Earth. Every game they are in is a 1-0 soccer score.

I know, I know.....that game should have gone to OT tied at zero, but Hank let up his daily weak goal.

The out door games will be nuts, lots of fighting on and off the ice. It's never peaceful when the Islanders or Devils play the Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect a bit of payback in LA tonight. Think the St Louis Blues will blast the Quickless Kings. Prediction Blues 6 Kings 2

You lose. As always, you underestimate the Kings. Sent those Blues back to St. Louis feeling blue. Kings are holding up pretty well without Quick...we haven't lost any ground in the standings.

After the Thanksgiving Weekend full slate of NFL and College Rivalry games, last night I reached sport-fatigue levels switching back and forth between MNF and the King-Blues game. After tonight's Kings-Ducks game, I'm not watching any more sports until Sunday...need a break.

It is still weird to me when I look at the NHL standings and don't see Detroit in the Western Conference...weird and relieved. That's one less beast to have to deal with in the playoffs.

Archived