2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

Islanders/Tavares are on FIRE. Blues on FIRE. Rangers are up and down. Miller is playing great. Getting ready to bring the USA that gold medal. Here come the Canadian's to let me have it

The Islanders really out played and out skated the Stars the other night out on the Island, should make for a good rematch Sunday afternoon back here.

Miller is going to be a wall. ........I can't wait!

The Islanders really out played and out skated the Stars the other night out on the Island, should make for a good rematch Sunday afternoon back here.

Miller is going to be a wall. ........I can't wait!

Islanders and Travares on fire. Sabres have a GM folks but must wait to sign him. The assistant Murray from Ottawa. What do you think Ally? Experience in Detroit and Anaheim too.

Miller needs to be good to beat Canada and Sweden. Yes, do not forget Sweden

The Islanders took it to the Stars again. Great game until the 3rd, then the rack that Dallas has no defence reared its ugly head......they need to make a trade,for whom I don't know, but the need help on defence bad.

Here's a pic of me with the "little ladies" after the game..........

post-841-0-69196400-1389661162_thumb.jpg

^^^

Lovely photo zepscoda. :thumbsup:

Strider, what did you think of Dan Carcillo? Rangers just picked him up from the Kings for a 4th rounder:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/08/carcillo-to-make-rangers-debut-vs-hawks-tonight/

I didn't think much...had a feeling he would be traded before the season was over. It's a 7th round pick we get for him, not a 4th...shows you what the teams thought of Carcillo. If you need a scrapper, I suppose he'll help the Rangers in that regard.

Kings are in a slump...only three wins in their last 10 games. Ally, it was another chippy penalty-fest tonight between our two teams. Quick pitched a shutout...I had no idea Luongo was still out. How long is he going to be sidelined?

Kings are in a slump...only three wins in their last 10 games. Ally, it was another chippy penalty-fest tonight between our two teams. Quick pitched a shutout...I had no idea Luongo was still out. How long is he going to be sidelined?

Not sure how much longer Luongo will be out. Those dreaded "lower body injuries" seem to have a way of becoming a lot worse than originally thought. Not sure that we're really missing him though. Imo ,Lack has been very good in relief. I missed the game completely but heard that Quick was outstanding...again. Gotta like the USA's chances of bring home the gold with Quick and Miller tending the net's :yesnod: .

The Islanders took it to the Stars again. Great game until the 3rd, then the rack that Dallas has no defence reared its ugly head......they need to make a trade,for whom I don't know, but the need help on defence bad.

Here's a pic of me with the "little ladies" after the game..........

This is the best the Islanders have played since the 80's. Tavares is on fire. I still say the Blues are the best team in hockey right now. Followed very close by Chicago. The Kings are good but are a defensive team. My money is on the Blues to go all the way

Did anybody hear about the Kings trading Ben Scrivens? I knew the backlog of goalies would result in somebody leaving. Scrivens performed admirably in the wake of Quick's injury so I am kind of sad to see him go. But if Quick is back on form and this kid Jones is really all that and a bag of chips, then it was the right move. I just hope we got somebody good in return...we could use some scoring help.

Did anybody hear about the Kings trading Ben Scrivens? I knew the backlog of goalies would result in somebody leaving. Scrivens performed admirably in the wake of Quick's injury so I am kind of sad to see him go. But if Quick is back on form and this kid Jones is really all that and a bag of chips, then it was the right move. I just hope we got somebody good in return...we could use some scoring help.

The Kings traded him to the Oilers ( not sure what you got in return ) where I think he'll get to play...a lot ! The kid Jones is a West Vancouver boy who is very highly touted

Ally, were you in the nets the other night vs the Ducks. Yikes. 9-1. Ouch

LOL ! What a fricken shambles that game was. After last nights loss in Phoenix , we've now lost 8 out of our last 9 games. Gillis has to make a couple of moves or we're going to be out of the playoff picture by March

LOL ! What a fricken shambles that game was. After last nights loss in Phoenix , we've now lost 8 out of our last 9 games. Gillis has to make a couple of moves or we're going to be out of the playoff picture by March

Someone tole me its a good year to suck. We have been beaten in OT so many times I lost count. But we are going to cash in those picks we got for trading our entire team away. The new GM has a boatload to work with. He must come through. Rangers finally playing well. The Isles have improved but no goaltending. I think the Rangers could actually come out of the East. Or Tampa? But it matters not. The West is so much better its a joke. I say Anaheim and Chicago and St Louis are the best three. The Kings are in it too. I am going with the Blues but the Ducks do look tough and so does Chicago of course. San Jose and Minnesota are teams that could also make noise if they make a good move at the deadline. The Sharks are a dark horse for sure.

Ally, what are your thoughts?

The visiting team hands in their starting line up first so imo, Torts had no choice but to put out a starting line up that matched up. No way he or any other coach could or would risk putting his star players out against that goon squad. Obviously, Hartley felt his team hadn't been performing in recent games and decided to try and get the sparks flying right from the opening face off . He's not the first and won't be the last coach to try that as some sort of motivational tool. As for Torts and his reaction, yeah, he'll be suspended but I have to say that I've gained a whole new respect for the man. He cares about his players and isn't shy about sticking his neck out to defend them. I just hope his players return the favour. They owe him one

The visiting team hands in their starting line up first so imo, Torts had no choice but to put out a starting line up that matched up. No way he or any other coach could or would risk putting his star players out against that goon squad. Obviously, Hartley felt his team hadn't been performing in recent games and decided to try and get the sparks flying right from the opening face off . He's not the first and won't be the last coach to try that as some sort of motivational tool. As for Torts and his reaction, yeah, he'll be suspended but I have to say that I've gained a whole new respect for the man. He cares about his players and isn't shy about sticking his neck out to defend them. I just hope his players return the favour. They owe him one

Reminds me of what Scotty Bowman did once in Boston when he coached the Sabres. He put Larry Playfair, Val James, and three other guys holding hockey sticks that could barely skate and they did not even look at where the puck was. Goon squad with orders. Ha. It was funny. Gloves all over the place.

The Same thing happened with the Devils vs Rangers when Torts was up there, I felt the same way. He had no other choice.

Someone tole me its a good year to suck. We have been beaten in OT so many times I lost count. But we are going to cash in those picks we got for trading our entire team away. The new GM has a boatload to work with. He must come through. Rangers finally playing well. The Isles have improved but no goaltending. I think the Rangers could actually come out of the East. Or Tampa? But it matters not. The West is so much better its a joke. I say Anaheim and Chicago and St Louis are the best three. The Kings are in it too. I am going with the Blues but the Ducks do look tough and so does Chicago of course. San Jose and Minnesota are teams that could also make noise if they make a good move at the deadline. The Sharks are a dark horse for sure.

Rangers vs Islanders at the Garden tomorrow night.....the way both teams are playing, it should be a hot one!

Archived