2013-14 NHL SEASON

Strider

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In only his 5th full season with the Los Angeles Kings, goalie Jonathan Quick has already passed Kings legend Rogie Vachon (#30 in our programs and #1 in our hearts) for the most career victories in Kings history. Win number 172 came this past Saturday, passing Rogie's career mark of 171. Congratulations to Quick...and at the rate he's going, he'll set the bar incredibly high for future King goalies.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jonathan-quick-breaks-rogie-vachons-wins-record-kings-offense-back-on-track/

A meeting of true greatness:

JonathanQuickRogieVachon-640x427.jpg

Wow, Just watched the Blues @ Predators game. There's thousands of Blues fans down in Nashville. Miller is now 5-0-1 , this team looks good.

But Elliot played that game. Ryan lost to Philly the night before. Strider, I really like the Kings and think they may be better than the team that won the Cup. Still, it will be a bitch beating Chicago, and St Louis and San Jose and Ducks. Its a 5 taem race IMO, and the Kings have a big shot. I am cheering for St Louis to win one. They certainly have paid their dues over the years and it would be good to see them win one. Not to mention the 5 ex Sabres on their team.

I still cannot get over Vanek being in a Montreal jersey. Tonight he plays against the Sabres. I hope he does not sign with Montreal beyond the summer. I know Murray had to trade Miller, but I disagree with trading Vanek big time. And Moulson. They traded everyone. Now they have a mountain of number one and two draft picks but that is going to test the skill of this GM. He had better land one of these big names next year

Have you heard the news Rick? Sabres remove interim tag and sign Nolan for three year deal.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/nhl/story/1.2592507

Of course. I heard Ted on a live interview. I was on a half hour before him on the radio call in. There is no concern that the Sabres will fill the building next year even knowing they will likely have the worst record again, in pursuit of one of these 3 studs that will be available in next years draft led by McDavid. Certainly Murray will make free agent moves as well as use these number one and two picks. He may trade some of the picks if the return is good. Hiring Ted Nolan was a great move. I only hope they do not use him. When they get the good players and are a good team once more in a couple of years, they do not show him the door.

Stars need points to stay in. Im here tonight (took the kids on a school night, wife is going to kill me....lol)....than going again Friday night vs the Blues.

I think Torts is safe in Vancouver, but he needs to chill a bit.

Rangers are in with that Devils loss last night!!!!

post-841-0-21079200-1397004386_thumb.jpg

So they knocked Phoenix out? Nice going Lindy. But I do not think they can go far. Kings and Blues too good.

Yep...Phoenix is out....it was great to see Ott back in action. He and Fiddler were jabbing at each other through out the game.

post-841-0-75240300-1397320832_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-10436900-1397320888_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-42899900-1397320979_thumb.jpg

post-841-0-95785200-1397321044_thumb.jpg

Nice photos zepscoda. I haven't been to a Stars game in a few years (I have a brother who lives near Dallas). Looks like the team has more of a following now from looking at the audience in your photos. Isn't Seguin a joy to watch on skates?

Nice photos zepscoda. I haven't been to a Stars game in a few years (I have a brother who lives near Dallas). Looks like the team has more of a following now from looking at the audience in your photos. Isn't Seguin a joy to watch on skates?

Once they had a real chance of making the post season they started selling out the AAC. ....its kinda sad, but it is what it is....a winners town, if your not winning, they're not showing up.....Its great having Seguin here. He and Benn jelled right away.

Well Zepscoda I think you will like my picks. First round

Dallas over Anaheim in 6

St Louis over Chicago in 6

LA over San Jose in 5

Minnesota over Colorado in 5

Rangers over Philly in 6

Boston over Detroit in 5

Tampa over Montreal in 7 ( tough to call)

Colombus over Pittsburgh in 6

Well Zepscoda I think you will like my picks. First round

Dallas over Anaheim in 6

St Louis over Chicago in 6

LA over San Jose in 5

Minnesota over Colorado in 5

Rangers over Philly in 6

Boston over Detroit in 5

Tampa over Montreal in 7 ( tough to call)

Colombus over Pittsburgh in 6

That I do. .....I think you nailed it. The Blues have a lot of injuries, that might be the only one I disagree with.

I'll give it a go, too.

WEST

Kings over San Jose

Dallas over Ducks

Colorado over Minnesota

St. Louis over Chicago

EAST

Boston over Detroit

Montreal over Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh over Columbus

NY Rangers over Philadelphia

So the Stars posted a pic from fridays game, and I noticed that the tall dork standing in the second row on the right wearing a Ryan Callahan jersey is me.....lol

FYI. ..the Tampa vs Montreal game is on CNBC

post-841-0-14464300-1397696729_thumb.jpe

So the Stars posted a pic from fridays game, and I noticed that the tall dork standing in the second row on the right wearing a Ryan Callahan jersey is me.....lol

FYI. ..the Tampa vs Montreal game is on CNBC

Is that you holding up a camera? Great going. I love the Rangers tonight with Emery in for the Flyers. I hope the Rangers light them up. I still think Dallas comes back to win. The Quacks have not been good lately. If they can just turn it back on like a light switch then Dallas is in trouble.

Hey Zepscoda and Ally, how do you like my little fantasy team on this site I am playing with 11 other guys?

G Miller

D Girardi

D Shattenkirk

F Berglund

F Nash

F Benn

Did not take Vanek because I am so pissed at him for playing for Montreal. But Montreal is going to be far tougher than anyone can imagine. I am still picking the Rangers to knock Boston out in the East but Montreal scares me plenty

In West, I still think the Blues can knock out the Blackhawks. I think Dallas will not quit. Or Colombus. I think that its either St Louis or the Los Angeles Kings in the West. The Kings look darn good. But St Louis is good too. And Minnesota is going to be very tough for Colorado. I am picking the Wild to beat them,

Is that you holding up a camera? Great going. I love the Rangers tonight with Emery in for the Flyers. I hope the Rangers light them up. I still think Dallas comes back to win. The Quacks have not been good lately. If they can just turn it back on like a light switch then Dallas is in trouble.

Yep, that's me....just had wear my Callahan jersey. ......good tempo so far in the Rangers / Flyers game, the Garden is rocking...its nights like this when I miss the city the most.

Zuuuuuuuuc!

post-841-0-82243000-1397779167_thumb.jpg

Archived