Rock Music

MLE

Of course he did. Why do you think it was called the "Wings Over America" tour? That's the 1976 tour I was talking about. There were several more Paul McCartney & Wings tours until Jimmy McCollough's tragic overdose.

As for the scourge of blasé front row audiences, that's been a problem ever since VIPs got preference over real rock and roll fans in the distribution of tickets.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant was hadn't Wings toured the U.S. before 1976? They had been around since the early 1970's.

Rap is the most annoying, monotonous, repetitious shit I've ever heard. The dimwits sample from other songs which just shows they can't come up with anything original unless it's some sort of 'beat.' I'm sorry but I've hated it ever since I heard that stupid 'Rapper's Delight' back in the 70's.

I've never liked rap either. Not only do I not care for much of it on purely musical grounds but I think it is also a symptom of a worrying trend in American society in general and African-American society in particular. Music education and access to musical instruments are no longer available to most poor and working class kids.

I've never liked rap either. Not only do I not care for much of it on purely musical grounds but I think it is also a symptom of a worrying trend in American society in general and African-American society in particular. Music education and access to musical instruments are no longer available to most poor and working class kids.

It's amazing how it just drones on and on. How many poor kids just want to follow the blinged out idiots they see?

• 2 weeks later...

you may call it what you like. its all MUSIC!!!!!!!!!.

to me.

live is to short too be worrying about.

anything.

Different strokes for different folks. As I stated earlier, I don't care for most of it but I do think the best of it has artistic merit. I just consider it more akin to spoken word than music.

Different strokes for different folks. As I stated earlier, I don't care for most of it but I do think the best of it has artistic merit. I just consider it more akin to spoken word than music.

ITA Disco. It isn't melodic at all. I think "The Lemon Song" could be a good rap song..."you ain't nothing but a two-bit, no good, piece of jive." :hysterical::elvis2:

It's amazing how it just drones on and on. How many poor kids just want to follow the blinged out idiots they see?

If you let this kick in Chuck D is great on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCx5Std7mCo

If you let this kick in Chuck D is great on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCx5Std7mCo

I tried the closed captions but they were all weirded out. I wanted to know what they were saying (you know what I'm sayin'?) But it sounded like they were talking about other rappers being jealous of their (Public Enemy) success but they were also bragging about being # 1 everywhere. That doesn't sit well with the jealous types. In my opinion rappers are like bike clubs and they will never get along because of the gang/power stigma (Bloods vs. Crips----Hells Angels vs The Mongols). I did like the horns and that sounded 100 times better than the one note shit you hear on most rap stuff.

I tried the closed captions but they were all weirded out. I wanted to know what they were saying (you know what I'm sayin'?) But it sounded like they were talking about other rappers being jealous of their (Public Enemy) success but they were also bragging about being # 1 everywhere. That doesn't sit well with the jealous types. In my opinion rappers are like bike clubs and they will never get along because of the gang/power stigma (Bloods vs. Crips----Hells Angels vs The Mongols). I did like the horns and that sounded 100 times better than the one note shit you hear on most rap stuff.

The horns were almost certainly sampled from an actual song done by someone else (i.e. actual musicians). Rap doesn't have any of the elements that I listen for/appreciate in music: melody, a lyrical perspective that's interesting/insightful/relatable, appealing and original music.

Archived