I prefer TSRTS 1987 CD release

joeboy

52 minutes ago, The Rover said:

I'd add OTHAFA to that list for Remaster listening.

The 1973 U.S. OTHAFAs don't thrill me that much. If I'm going to listen to an early OTHAFA I would rather it be from 1972 when Plant could still sing the melody.

45 minutes ago, The Rover said:

On an epic piece like D&C, once you get that grooved in, then there's no room for "Improvement".

Didn't Jimmy have to go by guidelines from the film maker, in order to get the permission to add segments not included previously, that stipulation being that all audio soundtracks "had to match" what was with the film parts used, or, something like that. Why a filmmaker is so pissy about it is beyond me.

BTY, I hate all of the LSD special effects. Where is the Camera angle option of just the film without the effects??? Better yet, a camera angle option of just the whole stage view from the audience.... Ahhh, but it's way too late for that!

Now you are talking about the movie as opposed to the soundtrack, which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. I explained about the film issues before...if it's not on this thread it's on some other TSRTS thread. The director Joe Massot had already died before Jimmy took on the task of remastering the film and the soundtrack. Jimmy could have avoided the whole mess he created by a few simple steps.

On 9/12/2017 at 2:45 AM, Strider said:

The 1973 U.S. OTHAFAs don't thrill me that much. If I'm going to listen to an early OTHAFA I would rather it be from 1972 when Plant could still sing the melody.

That's true, but, I prefer, even with Robert's 1973 vocals, Jimmy's incendiary playing on the 1973 track to the 1972 track...

• 1 month later...

Archived