Tour rehearsals thread

Sue Dounim

That is a really nice clean recording, the bass drum has more of a thwack sound, as opposed to a deeper thuddier sound. Amazing!

A live studio, unproduced sound on the alternate takes, would give a totally different vibe, especially to us folks who have listened to the records for many years.

I am not aware of any tour rehearsal stuff ever leaking to bootlegs. If they put a couple tracks on these companion cds, especially things they never played live, or rarely played...it would be a highlight of these box sets.

I am not aware of any tour rehearsal stuff ever leaking to bootlegs. If they put a couple tracks on these companion cds, especially things they never played live, or rarely played...it would be a highlight of these box sets.

According to my notes, the afternoon sound check at The Forum on June 25, 1972 was recorded -- an hour of 'Elvis Golden Discs Volume One' renditions. That material is probably worthy of it's own release, if only as a bootleg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Minnesota Soundcheck 1975!!!!!! id never heard this shit until today....for lovers of The Rover you will hear them play it again on here. its ragged and not as good as the 1973 Chicago SC but still its a miracle just to know that they consistently tried this song out in rehearsals or even between legs in a tour...its obvious that the band believed in and loved this song, but believing they could pull it off live is a whole 'nother trip. i still think they couldve if Jimmy woulda put some delay or reverb on the guitar and given it some wings the guitar riff wouldnt sound so rickety when he plays it. its just a really cool document as i know there is no Minnesota bootleg WE'VE GOT A SOUNDCHECK! has anyone else seen this??? its been uploaded on youtube since 2008 for gods sake hahah

Archived